The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- July 22, 2006

Issued by Clearwisdom Net

  • Mr. Gao Jidong Died under Persecution

  • Ms. Yu Jingxia Is In Critical Condition at Hebei Province Women's Prison

  • The Persecution I Suffered in the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp

  • Exposing the Brainwashing Center and Evildoers in Linyi City, Shandong Province

  • Additional Persecution News from China - July 6, 2006

  • Mr. Yang Chunyong Arrested When Nineteen Years Old but Still Missing after Seven Years

  • Six Practitioners Who Disappeared from Hubei, Liaoning and Jilin Provinces

  • Mr. Gao Jidong Died under Persecution

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Gao Jidong lived in Changchun City, Jilin Province. He was held in the Xinglongshan brainwashing center in 2002, where he was tortured until he was as thin as a skeleton. He had to leave home in that physical condition to avoid being illegally arrested at home again. After living four years of a hard life, he died on July 15, 2006.

    Mr. Gao Jidong

    Mr. Gao Jidong, 33, was an employee of the Changchun City Foreign Tax Bureau. He could speak four languages, and lived in the Family Housing of the Changchun Automobile Factory. He firmly held his faith in Falun Gong. He had been arrested twice, in March 2001, and July 2002, and was detained in the Xinglongshan brainwashing center.

    Mr. Gao Jidong was among the first group of Falun Gong practitioners to be subjected to forced brainwashing. He went on a protest hunger strike for several days before being sent to the brainwashing center, and continued his protest with a hunger strike five or six days. The guards started to force-feed him. People heard Mr. Gao's painful screaming during the brutal force-feedings, accompanied with vomiting and the guards' cursing. He started vomiting blood after 4-5 days of force-feedings (which occurred twice a day). The guards stopped force-feeding Mr. Gao in fear that he would die.

    Gao Jidong was emaciated. The Chinese Communist Party officials in the brainwashing center deceived his father into signing an agreement on further treatment via intravenous injection. Soon Mr. Gao had reached a critical condition, and the doctors wanted him to be hospitalized due to mineral imbalance and heart and lung problems. Under such a severe situation Gao Jidong was released from the brainwashing center.

    Mr. Gao was forced to live out of town for four years to avoid further illegal arrest. Due to the brutal force-feeding and inhuman tortures received in the brainwashing center, he had been living under terror. He was so traumatized, that his mental and physical condition never recovered. In June 2006, Mr. Gao's apartment building was under investigation for unauthorized renters. He was nervous again, and started moving from place to place, causing his physical condition to worsen. Gao Jidong died on the morning of July 15, 2006.

    Ms. Yu Jingxia Is In Critical Condition at Hebei Province Women's Prison

    News from the Hebei Province Women's Prison indicates that more than 200 Falun Gong practitioners are illegally
    detained in
    the prison. Practitioner(s) who have become mentally unstable due to the relentless persecution are locked up in the guard chamber. They are forced to do hard labor for more than 12 hours each day. In the 3rd and 7th Supervised Areas, they sometimes work more than 20 hours per day, often until midnight without food. They never receive a day of rest.

    Ms. Yu Jingxia, a Falun Gong practitioner from Shijiazhuang, was illegally sentenced to 10 years and is currently
    detained in the Hebei Women's Prison. Because she believes in Falun Gong and refused to be brainwashed and "transformed", she is a key target of persecution. Ms. Yu is suffering long-term special "discipline", brainwashing, solitary confinement, and other acts of brutal persecution. Her physical and mental health have significantly deteriorated, and she is very weak with severe heart disease. Recently, Yu Jingxia's health condition has worsened, and she has been receiving infusion treatment in the prison. Her family members strongly requested for her to be released on bail for medical treatment.

    Ms. Bai Yuzhi, a Falun Gong practitioner in her 40s, originally was a Commissioner of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference of Jingjing County, Hebei Province. After her illegal arrest in September 2002, she had been holding protest hunger strikes and has suffered numerous tortures, including brutal forced-feeding. Ms. Bai is currently detained at the Hebei Women's Prison. She was in critical condition several times with symptoms including vomiting blood, edema, extreme weakness, and loss of vision. She became bedridden and was unable to take care of herself. Ms. Bai's family members requested many times for her to be released on bail for medical treatment, but the prison claimed that the request was "rejected by higher officials."

    Located at Shitonglu in Shijiazhuang City, the Hebei Province Women's Prison was built in the summer of 2005. All illegally-sentenced female practitioners from Hebei Province have been gradually moved to this location. On February 25, 2006, all 32 Falun Gong practitioners who had been detained at Hebei's Taihang Women's Prison were transferred to the Hebei Province Women's Prison. The prison staff includes many police officers brought in from different prisons, who employ brutal methods to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. They insult, beat, and torture the practitioners.

    Recently, there have consistently been cases in which practitioners were secretly arrested and brought to the prison. The prison forbade them to talk to anyone and sent them to brainwashing "classes." They also used lies to try to deceive the practitioners into renouncing Falun Gong. There are currently more than 70 practitioners illegally detained at the Hebei Province Women's Prison.

    In the afternoon of June 19, 2006, the elevator in the 7th Supervised Area was on fire. Guard Du Liping held an electric baton and blocked prisoners from vacating the workshop. Six prisoners were terrified and suffered heart attacks.

    The director, vice-director of the prison, guards Ge Shuguang and Du Lijing, together with appointed police and guards from every supervised area, directly participated in the persecution of Falun Gong. They took turns torturing the practitioners who refused to be "transformed", including 67-year-old Zhao Wenlan.

    Due to the terrible environment in the prison, most of the practitioners suffered from various diseases. Some who held on to their firm belief are persecuted more severely, and their blood pressure is generally as high as 230. This is known to be a dangerous condition and qualifies for release on medical bail. But the prison said that they don't have the authority to do so, and said that such release authorization has to be issued by the 610 Office of Hebei Province. Even the practitioners who complete their prison term need to obtain approval from the 610 Office before they can be released. The 610 Office, under the authority of the evil Chinese Communist Party, collaborates with the police from the prison to ruthlessly persecute Falun Gong practitioners who believe in Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance.

    The Persecution I Suffered in the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp

    I am a Falun Gong practitioner who was just released from the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp.

    I was arrested by the police when I was clarifying the truth on May 13, 2004. The authorities sentenced me to two years of forced labor for "disturbing social order." After beginning to practice Falun Gong in 1998, I had a big change in my mind and spirit. Falun Gong benefited me tremendously. Falun Gong let me understand many issues that I could not figure out for a long time. The practice taught me how to be a kind person, a better person. What I did was only expose the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. What law did I violate?

    From the detention center, to the "dispatch center," to the labor camp, what we faced were vicious guards who held electric batons. They instigated all kinds of criminals, and used all means of coercion and force to make us to give up our faith in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance."

    When I arrived at the dispatch center, every practitioner was surrounded by two guards and three to four "reformed" persons. They ceaselessly attacked the practitioners in turns until they were "reformed." Their tortures also included not allowing the practitioners to sleep. If practitioners did not "reform," they would be made to stand for hours on end. Being monitored by someone the whole time, they were not allowed to talk or even go to the restroom. If you were seen as "stubborn," they would give you a hard time. Whenever there were visitors or an inspection was carried out, they transferred those who refused to be "reformed" or hid them in the office. They did this because they were afraid that Falun Gong practitioners would speak out the truth and expose their lies to the outsiders. They would arrange in advance on what to say, and what not to say to the reporters. Everything was planned beforehand, but it was all lies. Once informed that someone was coming to visit or inspect, they would rush to clean up the place and remove the monitors so the outsiders would feel "warm" and "free" and so on. It was all a put-on.

    One time when they heard someone would come for inspection, they transferred all the practitioners to work at the big storehouse. After the inspection team arrived, they asked to inspect via the names on the roll. The guards immediately sent someone to the storehouse to inform the people on duty that the inspection team would be inspecting via the names on the roll so they had to bring everyone back from the storehouse. To not let the cat out of the bag, the guards did their all to deter any inspection or interviewing of the Falun Gong practitioners.

    At the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp, many firm Falun Gong practitioners are restrained on the death bed and the tiger bench. They are shocked by several and even a dozen guards with electric batons, electric needles, and other tools of torture. The tortures are usually carried out in shady corners or filthy storehouses. In addition to being brutally tortured, practitioners also lived worse than animals. They were given only pickles with dry buns. They never had enough food, let alone nutritious food. Those who "did not obey" were given very little water to drink, or even water for normal washing up. Female practitioners were denied sanitary napkins if they refused to be "reformed." Even the personal items that their families brought in were confiscated. Even worse, to better control and encourage the criminals, they distributed practitioners' personal belongings to those criminals, including money. Some practitioners could only use water to clean up because of a lack of tissues.

    Some practitioners were beaten to the point of deafness. Some had their legs or backs broken. Some incurred concussions from the beatings. Some were beaten black and blue-- the guards only beat the places covered by clothes. Many practitioners were tortured to the breaking point. Some practitioners could not stand for these inhuman tortures and went on hunger strikes to protest. Falun Gong practitioners who persisted in their belief were often detained in well guarded and murky corners.

    I call for the International Inspection Organization to, at the earliest, start inspecting this labor camp and jail that detains Falun Gong practitioners in China. Let Falun Gong practitioners who have suffered such humiliation regain their freedom as soon as possible.

    Exposing the Brainwashing Center and Evildoers in Linyi City, Shandong Province

    Linyi City brainwashing center is a dark den that persecutes Falun Gong practitioners. It is in the Linyi City Water Conservation School located at No. 55 Yizhou Road, Linyi City. Since the end of 2001, it has been brutally persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

    1. Linyi City Water Conservation School

    Due to a lack of students for many years, Linyi City Water Conservation School is failing economically. It has therefore colluded with the Linyi City 610 Office and set up a so-called "Legal Education Training Class" (a CCP euphemism for "brainwashing center") in the schoolyard. On the surface it's labeled as "legal education training," but essentially it is a gang of racketeers in the pursuit of money. It is a hell on earth that cruelly murders good people. The establishment of this dark den is directly related to the former chief of the Linyi City 610 Office, Liu Fengcai, in his 50's. Liu used to be the principal of the Water Conservation School.

    2. 610 Office Colludes with Water Conservation School

    This dreadful place is still "illegally detaining" and brutally persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. The Linyi City 610 Office colludes with Linyi City Water Conservation School to get rich by extorting money from practitioners' families. Countless practitioners have suffered atrocities here and have had huge amounts of money extorted from them. Some have been detained here many times.

    Linyi 610 Office personnel control the police in all area 610 Office branches. They take people to the brainwashing center for brainwashing and brutal persecution,. Every practitioner is forced to pay from 2000 to 3000 yuan in "tuition." Seven or eight teachers from the Water Conservation School are employed to participate in the persecution at the brainwashing center. Because of quick and huge profits, they have enjoyed managing the brainwashing center for several years. They often make lists of practitioners' names and make calls to their employers, threatening to arrest them and take them to the brainwashing center.

    After practitioners are taken to the brainwashing center, they are deprived of sleep for long hours, and guards take turns beating them. Practitioners on hunger strikes are tied to a bed and force-fed with thick salt water. In March 2004, Linyi City Brainwashing Center security guard Wu Qingtian and others beat a practitioner from Yishui County without let up until blood from his head, face and body splattered the walls. When their clubs broke, they smashed his head with a fire distinguisher. His face was covered with blood, and he fainted on the spot.

    3. Evildoers Who Persecute Practitioners at the Linyi City Brainwashing Center

    Those who are still participating in the persecution in Linyi City Brainwashing Center are: Su Wei, Zhu Zemin, Yu Haibo, and Chen Jun (all male) and Wu Lin, Gao Changying, Li Yuan, Cui Mei, and others (all female). Chen Jun is a veteran, and the other seven people are employees of the Water Conservation School. Su Wei is the most vicious. He actively participates in persecuting practitioners. He has been promoted to chief of the brainwashing center.

    The following are pictures of some of the evildoers:

    (Note: In regard to those who persecuted and harmed Falun Gong practitioners in the past but stopped after the Falun Dafa Association announcement on October 9, 2005, we no longer expose them here.)

    1) Su Wei, a teacher at the Water Conservation School, became a hatchet man in the brainwashing center. He lives at Linyi Water Conservation Bureau Family Dormitory and has participated in persecuting practitioners for several years. He has committed countless crimes.

    Su Wei

    For example, early on the morning of December 27, 2003, Su Wei and Lanshan District 610 officer Xing Yongnong, along with over 20, others rushed into the home of practitioner Ms. Duan Jiazhi, 32 years old, in Dongmiao Village and attempted to take her by force to the brainwashing center. At the time, Ms. Duan had not yet gotten out of bed and refused to go, so Su Wei grabbed her by the throat with both hands and choked her until she nearly fainted.

    Ms. Duan struggled hard and broke loose so she could breathe. When she tried to cry for help, Su Wei stuffed a rag in her mouth. This made her family angry, but Su Wei and Xing Yongnong threatened them and forcibly ejected them from her home. At last they covered Ms. Duan with a quilt and took her to the brainwashing center.

    While she was on a hunger strike to protest the persecution at the brainwashing center, Su Wei grabbed her arm, and ruthlessly pushed her into the metal door in the room. When she cried out, Su Wei ferociously said, "I am on duty, so I have the final say. You have to do whatever I tell you. It will do no good to shout."

    Once a practitioner is detained in the brainwashing center, Su Wei feels that he can punish them when and how he pleases. He once shouted in the yard, "I have the final say. I decide it all." He also always swears and curses. There is a big sign on the wall of the brainwashing center that says: "Strictly prohibited: beating, cursing, physically punishing students, or harming students' dignity or reputation." This is there to deceive people

    2) Zhu Zemin is a former teacher at the Water Conservation School. Around 40 years old, this person used to carry out computer and archival projects but now participates in the persecution. He teaches "Tai Chi" in the brainwashing center in order to persecute Falun Gong practitioners and defame the practice of Falun Gong.

    Zhu Zemin

    3) Wu Lin, around 40, taught at the Water Conservation School. She lives at "Linyi University" (formerly the Linyi Agricultural School), where her husband is a teacher. She is the secretary of the brainwashing center, and notoriously evil.

    Wu Lin

    4) Li Yuan was a teacher at the Water Conservation School. Under 40, this person is very malevolent.

    Li Yuan

    5) Yu Haibo, a former teacher at the Water Conservation School, is under 40.

    Yu Haibo

    6) Cui Mei, female, a former teacher at the Water Conservation School, is under 40.

    Cui Mei

    7) Gao Changying, female, under 40, used to teach at the Water Conservation School.

    Gao Changying

    There are also collaborators, people who learned Falun Gong, but were persecuted and "transformed." They now participate in the persecution in Linyi City Brainwashing Center. They use ridiculous lies to conceal their criminal acts, which help the evildoers.

    The following is a list of collaborators in Linyi City:

    1) Wang Mingguang, retired staff member of Linyi City Transport Company, is one of the main collaborators in Linyi City and guilty of crimes too numerous to mention.

    After she was sent to a forced labor camp in 2000, she could not let go of self-interest and live by "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." She began committing contemptuous acts betraying Falun Gong and practitioners.

    After she was released from the forced labor camp in 2001, she began her vindictive activities in Linyi City. As she wrote in her diary: "If I can't complete, I won't let others complete it either." She is responsible for most of the practitioners sent to Linyi City brainwashing center. She colluded with collaborators Duan Haoyu, Li Junqing, Gao Xiuzhi, Xu Fen, Sun Maolan, and Fang Chaoqin to persecute innumerable practitioners. She has committed, and is still committing, many evil acts.

    Besides causing trouble around the brainwashing center, collaborators often travel between 610 Offices, attend meetings in the province, commit crimes, and keep in close contact with other collaborators in provincial forced labor camps and in other areas. A while ago, Wang brought together several collaborators from the province to Linyi for a "meeting," conspired to persecute practitioners, and reported on former fellow practitioners. They won't let practitioners recently released from the forced labor camp or brainwashing center or who are muddle-headed pass without trying their best to destroy them. They made up the so-called "Lecture Ten" and "3600 methods."

    Collaborator Fan Tongfen of Linyi City, who was deluded by Wang Mingguang and incited by her to make troubles in other places with five other collaborators from Qingdao, eventually met retribution for her evildoing when she died in a car accident on the freeway. Fan Tongfen was covered in blood, and could not be recognized by her family members. Her husband then sued Wang Mingguang, pointing out that his wife's death was directly related to her, so she was put in prison for a month. Wang was later released and is still committing evil.

    2) Duan Haoyu is a Linyi City Medical College staff member. His wife, Xing Baoling, is also a staff member of Linyi City Medical College. Duan Haoyu is malevolent and aggressive and is also a primary collaborator in Linyi City. He has brutally persecuted countless practitioners. For example, after Linyi City practitioner Mr. Liu Yongjin was arrested in June 2004, Linyi City Detention Center brutally force-fed him and tortured him nearly to death. The detention center was afraid to take responsibility for his death, so immediately sent him to Linyi City and Lanshan District 610 Office. The 610 Office drew on collaborators from the brainwashing center and continued to torture him in a room inside the detention center. Duan Haoyu cruelly tortured Mr. Liu many times. After the detention center doctor and deputy warden Wang (male) ordered many prisoners to torture Mr. Liu in the name of force-feeding (they ceaselessly inserted and pulled out the tube, but did not actually feed Mr. Liu), Duan Haoyu still inflicted extremely cruel persecution on Mr. Liu Yongjin.

    3) Li Junqing is a retired staff member of the former Linyi City Agricultural School (it is now the east campus of Linyi University). He has exerted his utmost in the persecution and committed many wrongdoings in the labor camp. He is involved in anything to do with making chaos for Falun Gong and persecuting practitioners. He is also one of the main collaborators that persecute practitioners in the brainwashing center.

    4) Gao Xiuzhi, a retired staff member of Luguang Chemical Factory, is one of those in Linyi City enlightened along an evil way. In October 2001, she was arrested at her workplace by Yan Brigand, the head of Linyi City 610 Office (Linyi City Working Committee Secretary: 86-539-8304601 [Office], 86-539-8688875 [Home]) and Wang Jianping (Working Committee Deputy Secretary and 610 head) and sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp of Shangdong No. 2 Women's Forced Labor Camp for a month. She turned to the evil after being brainwashed and still acts viciously to this day. Her countless crimes of helping a tyrant do evil has put her family in jeopardy. Her husband suffered a severe fracture. After recovering for many days, the bone was found to be positioned wrong and had to be re-set.

    5) Fang Chaoqin, a retired staff member of Linyi City Knitting Factory hospital, over 50 years old, is yet another of the well-trained evil collaborators. Since the establishment of Linyi City brainwashing center, she has desperately participated in persecuting practitioners. It is said she has been diagnosed with incurable breast cancer.

    Mr. Yang Chunyong Arrested When Nineteen Years Old but Still Missing after Seven Years

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Yang Chunyong is from Yushu City, Jilin Province. He went to Beijing to appeal on July 31, 1999, and was escorted by policemen back to Changchun City. He has been missing ever since. Police say that they do not know where he is.

    Yang Chunyong

    Mr. Yang Chunyong was only 19 ears old when he went missing. He worked in the Xinyuan Steel Window Factory after he had graduated from high school. He worked very hard, and treated people very nicely. He respected people in every environment, and was willing to help. He was very well-received by his boss and colleagues. His factory manager once said at an employee meeting (before the persecution), "Nowadays you see bad people everywhere, but it's hard to find good one like the young lad Yang Chunyong. I think we ought to learn Falun Gong from Yang Chunyong!"

    On August 18, 1999, two policemen escorted Mr. Yang Chunyong and his brother Yang Chunming (also a practitioner), plus another fellow practitioner on a train from Beijing to Changchun City. At around 10 p.m., Mr. Yang Chunming went to the restroom. Upon coming back, he found that his brother Yang Chunyong and policeman Wang (first name unknown) had both disappeared. He asked the other practitioner and policeman about it, and they both said that they did not know. He searched the whole train compartment, but he could not find them. It was a sealed train with air-conditioning, only the engine compartment had a opening window. The train was going fast, so they could not have jumped off the train. Mr. Yang Chunming said, "The five of us were sitting half-asleep before I went to the restroom. When I returned ten minutes later, my brother and policeman Wang had both disappeared." Later he met with the policeman Wang, and asked him where his brother was. Wang hesitated first, and then said that he did not know.

    Seven years have past, and no one has ever seen that nice young man Yang Chunyong again.

    See also, /emh/articles/2005/2/1/57080.html

    Six Practitioners Who Disappeared from Hubei, Liaoning and Jilin Provinces

    Sun Biao, a Falun Gong Practitioner from Hubei Province, Disappeared after going to Beijing to Appeal

    Sun Biao, born in the 1950s, was a resident of Jiangsu Province and an electrician in the tap water supply company in Huanggang City, Hubei Province. No one has heard anything from him or about him since he went to Beijing to appeal on September 19, 1999. The local police station went to his home and extorted 5000 yuan, saying it was for the expense of sending someone to Beijing to pick him up (they did not give any receipt). Up until this day, his family members have not see him, nor have they received a refund from the police station.

    Zhou Fengchun, a Falun Gong Practitioner from Liaoning Province, Disappeared after going to Beijing to Appeal in the Spring of 1999

    Ms. Zhou Fengchun, a Falun Gong practitioner from Baitie Village, Yangan Township, Xing City, Liaoning Province, was 50 years old. She never returned home after she went to Beijing to appeal on July 24, 1999.

    Looking for Dalian Falun Gong Practitioner Fu Guibin

    Mr. Fu Guinbin, a Falun Gong practitioner from Houbanla Village, Ershilibao Township, Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province, was 31 years old and a staff member of Anshan Environmental Bureau. He graduated from Chengdu Technology Institute in Sichuan Province. After July 20, 1999, Mr. Fu Guibin was persecuted because he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. On February 20, 2000, he was forced to resign from his job. On March 1, 2000, Fu Guibin called a relative saying that he was staying with his classmate in the South. He asked his relative to send him his mail once he found a job. However, no one has heard from him since.

    Looking for Zhao Yanfei, a Falun Gong Practitioner from Hunchun City, Jilin Province

    Zhao Yanfei, over 50 years old, is a Falun Gong practitioner from Hunchun City, Jilin Province. Mr. Zhao disappeared on February 24, 2003. No one has heard any news about him over the last three years.

    Li Aixue, a Falun Gong practitioner from Xuanhua County, Hebei Province, Missing for Three and a Half Years

    Li Aixue, a Falun Gong practitioner from Toutaizi Village, Xuanhua County, Hebei Province, was illegally detained at the No. 5 Team in Gaoyang Detention Center. For three and half years there has been no news about him and no one knows his whereabouts.

    Looking for Zhu Yuzhen, a Falun Gong Practitioner from Anda City, Heilongjiang Province

    Zhu Yuzhen, Anda fellow practitioners miss you. How are you?

    Looking for Tao Juhua, a Falun Gong Practitioner from Jianyang City, Sichuan Province

    Ms. Tao Juhua, a Falun Gong practitioner from Sancha Township, Jianyang City, Sichuan Province, was 40 years old, and the owner of a small clothing store. There has been no news about her for over a year. Many fellow practitioners miss her very much.