Issued by Clearwisdom Net
Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Qiu Xi'e, in her 70s, lived in Miluo City, Hunan Province. She was taken to the Yueyang City Hubin Brainwashing Center in June 2006 by personnel from the 610 Office and tortured for more than 20 days. Ms. Qiu died around 3:00 p.m. on the afternoon of July 8, 2006. The 610 officers were frightened that their abuse of Ms. Qiu would be made public, so they promised to pay her family a hundred thousand yuan. Qiu Xi'e's children are preparing for her funeral, which is scheduled for July 13, 2006. Further details are under investigation.
The lawless officials and policemen in Miluo City do not only illegally
detain and extort money from Falun Gong practitioners, but they
pressure their families and their employers. Many Falun Gong
families have been harassed by the police and the 610 Office. During
detention terms of these practitioners, officials have extorted at
hundred twenty thousand yuan from their families. The Miluo City 610
Yang Zhongshu (male) has been planning all the arrests, home
extortions, interrogation with torture, detentions, sending to forced
camps, and/or sentencing to prison.
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2006/7/14/133006.html
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gu Xingzhi of Miyi County, Sichuan Province, was illegally arrested while posting Falun Gong's truth clarifying materials in April 2002 and was sent to Miyi County Detention Center where she died after a month of forced feeding on November 7, 2002. Further information was obtained as follows:
In November 1999, Ms. Gu went to Beijing to visit the appeals office to clarify the truth about Falun Gong, but she was brought back by political security officers, detained in the county's detention center for 9 days and was fined 500 yuan.
Right before National Day in 2000, she again went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong practitioners. Upon returning home, she was taken to the street detention office by police officers Mao Taining, Yang Zhengfu and others. She was kept there for a good half day before she was released.
In July 2000, Gu Xingzhi and some others were abducted by Zuo Mingfang, a member of the village government, and detained in a brainwashing center for a day. She was fined 300 yuan before she was able to return home. Street police station chief Yang Zhengfu, village chief Liu Xiangming, policeman Mao Taining and gangster Liu are those that took part.
In April 2000, while Ms. Gu Xingzhi was taking part in a Falun Gong experience sharing conference at Ye Chenhua's home, Wang Zhenhua, a villager, and others abducted her. They took her to the village government and kept her in the courtyard for the whole night in the rain. They fined her 500 yuan before setting her free the next day.
On December 14, 2000, when she was at her daughter's home in the city of Panzhihua, a political security officer called and threatened her daughter. Because of this, Ms. Gu herself voluntarily went to the political security office. Policeman Xiang Jingfa illegally interrogated her, screaming and swearing. Policeman Cai Faxiang handcuffed her on the stairway railing for a night and in the hallway for 3 days and 3 nights. Later on, she was transferred and jailed at the detention center for 10 months. During that period of time, because she did the Falun Gong exercises under surveillance, she was further persecuted by police officers Wu Xueming, Liu Qichao, and Lin Hai. She was handcuffed and beaten with strips of bamboo.
On March 8, 2002, Mao Taining and Guo Qiang ransacked her house and grabbed Zhuan Falun. To get it back, Ms. Gu chased them all the way to the street police station. As soon as she saw the book on a desk, she would not let go of it. The police abducted her to the detention center. She went on hunger strike for seven days. When the police found out she was in a critical condition, she was set free.
Ms. Gu Xingzhi of Miyi County, Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province, was abducted on April 2, 2002 by the police. Later she was transferred to Miyi Detention Center and force fed for a month when she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. On October 4, she died of persecution.
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2006/7/2/131955.html
The local police inhumanely persecute Jiang Yuejun and his wife because they practice Falun Gong. Jiang Yuejun is a middle school teacher in Qingfeng County, Shulan City. The police arrested Mr Jiang on June 20, 2006, and brutally beat him. This caused a disability in one of his legs and he couldn't walk. He is still being detained in the moment.
Jiang Yuejun was contiuously sick as a child. Even as a young man in his twenties, he was unable to do even minor labor. In 1998 he had the good fortune to come across Falun Gong and started practicing. By reading the book Zhuan Falun and practicing the exercises, all of his diseases disappeared and he no longer needed to take any medication. Seeing his miraculous recovery and good health, and personally experiencing the beauty of Falun Gong, his wife began practicing Falun Gong with him.
The couple lived their lives according to the principle of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." They worked hard, seeking no fame or rewards. They supported students who had financial difficulty. They gave extra classes to students on weekends. Sometimes the parents wanted to thank them by sending them some gifts, which they refused. On those occasions when their parents insisted on giving them gifts, they would buy something for them in return.
Such good people like these were detained and persecuted many times. Jiang Yuejun was sent to a labor camp. His wife was detained during her pregnancy. She gave birth to her son seven days after she was released. Their salaries were illegally deducted by more than thirty thousand yuan. The police harassed their family members repeatedly.
On June 20, 2006, officials from the police department in Shulan City and from the Police Sub-Station in Qingfeng County, broke into the couple's home and work unit. They took away three mobile phones, two MP3 players and several tape recorders, worth about 3,000 yuan.
The police tried to take away Jiang Yuejun's wife. Thier son cried and yelled: "Don't take my mother away!" The policemen replied viciously, "We can even drag her to the police department if she refuses to obey."
In these many years of persecution, eleven Falun Gong practitioners from Shulan City alone have been persecuted to death. Among them were Kong Fanlong and Yu Shujin. The principal of the school where Jiang Yuejun's wife worked stepped out to prove that she was a good teacher; her principal was willing to be her guarantor. Only then was she released. At present she is on bail pending trial.
On June 20, the police lured Jiang Yuejun from his school and brutally beat him. As a result one of his legs was disabled. He was taken to the police department and then to the detention center on June 22. During these two days that he has spent in the police department, there is no news of how the police have treated him. Why have his family members not been allowed to see him? Officials from the bureau are surely afraid at the prospect of their crimes being exposed.
The family hasn't heard any news of Jiang Yuejun yet. What is
him in the detention center? Is his life in danger? We here appeal to
kind-hearted people to show your support to stop the persecution of
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2006/7/1/131886.html
The 610 Office in Sichuan Province established many illegal organizations during recent years. These so-called "Learning Centers," or "Legal Education Centers" are essentially brainwashing centers. Staff from these centers arrest and illegally imprison Falun Gong practitioners. The guards beat and torture practitioners, and subject them to brainwashing. Even worse, they inject drugs into Falun Gong practitioners. Some practitioners were mentally traumatized or died after being persecuted at these centers. Not only did this affect practitioners, but also their family members died due to grief and/or pressure imposed on them by brainwashing center staff.
Ms. Zhu Xia before the persecution
Ms. Zhu Xia after the persecution
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhu Xia, 34, was from Guangrong Community in Chengdu City. After Ms. Zhu had suffered and was released after one-year in a forced labor camp, He Yuanfu, head of the Guangrong Community 610 Office, arrested her again and took her to the Pi County Brainwashing Center, and then to the Xinjin 610 Office Brainwashing Center in Huaqiao Town, Chengdu City, where she was inhumanly persecuted. When Zhu was in the Pi County Brainwashing Center, she was drugged and became mentally disoriented. Two criminals, one was Liu Wei, raped her many times. Zhu was mentally traumatized even further.
Ms. Liu Ying is a Falun Gong practitioner from Longchang, Shenyang City. From September 2005 to January 2006, Zhang Fumin, head of the armed forces in Qinglongchang, detained Liu at Chenghua District Brainwashing Center. Liu was brutally beaten and drugged by Zhang. Liu's life was in dire condition several times. Liu became mentally disoriented. Liu's father demanded justice for his daughter. In response, Zhang arrested Ms. Liu again and took her to the Chenghua Brainwashing Center on February 21, 2006. She is still imprisoned at that brainwashing center.
1. Being Taken Prisoner
The street offices in Sichuan cooperated with the National Security Bureau to send police to arrest Falun Gong practitioners. Some practitioners' homes were broken into. Some practitioners were arrested on their way to work, while others were arrested at work. These lawless officials even forced practitioners' supervisors and colleagues to cooperate in the arrests. Practitioners Ms. Zhu Yufang, Ms. Yang Jing, and Ms. Zhou Hanmei, were all arrested at work.
2. So-called "Escort Instructors"
Practitioners were isolated from each other. Each practitioner was assigned by the lawless people, two "escort instructors," who had to accompany and monitor the practitioners around the clock, no matter where they went. Some of the escorts were from the street offices, some were practitioners' colleagues, and some were jobless people or people with unknown backgrounds. The depraved people continuously brainwashed the escorts and taught them ways to persecute practitioners. Some of the educators became loyal helpers in the persecution of practitioners.
Daily, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., the staff at the brainwashing center would play videos that slandered Falun Gong practitioners at high volumes. They wanted to confuse practitioners.
4. Drug Injections
The instructors personally took the three daily meals to practitioners because they were told to put drugs in either powder or liquid form into the food before delivering it to the practitioners. The drugs were selected based on the attitude of the practitioner.
Within half an hour after eating the drugged food, practitioners would feel dizzy, suffer headaches, feel sleepy and fatigued, experience gas and frequent belching, difficulty breathing, pain in the heart, and/or became irritable and angry. Also, the practitioners suffered protruding and swollen eyes, loss of hair and weight loss. Some were continuously tired, despite sleeping dozens of hours. Even worse, the instructors injected nerve damaging drugs.
Practitioners Ms. Zhu Xia and Ms. Liu Ying were mentally disoriented even after being released from the brainwashing center. Some of the instructors were willing participants in the persecution. They ridiculed practitioners when they became mentally disoriented. They threatened practitioners saying, "If you don't transform, you will be taken to a mental hospital. Hospital staff will inject nerve damaging drugs. We will destroy your nerves until you become an imbecile."
5. Surveillance Devices
The Xinjin 610 Office installed monitors and listening devices in the hallways, corners, bathrooms and toilets.
6. Forcing Practitioners to Renounce Falun Gong Through Torture
When the aforementioned tortures did not succeed in making practitioners renounce Falun Gong, they deprived practitioners of sleep and beat them. If this was not successful, they brought in around seven people, who pushed the practitioners to the ground before brutally beating them. Then they held the practitioners' hand and forced their finger onto an ink pad for a forced fingerprint on a pre-written statement declaring that the practitioner renounced Falun Gong. Then, they told the practitioner that they would put the practitioner's "transformation statement" on Minghui (Chinese version of Clearwisdom), including his/her name, address and picture. They said that after this they could never again practice Falun Gong.
Practitioners Jiang Yunhong and Lin Xiaoquan were taken to Chenghua Brainwashing Center in 2005 and tortured. Some special agents from the National Security Bureau cuffed them to a bench, beat them and deprived them of sleep.
Practitioner Li Xiaojun from Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, lost her teeth due to force feeding. They inserted a tube from Zhang Min's (a practitioner from Xinjin County) nose into the stomach and a catheter into the bladder. Then they tied Zhang on a wooden board in a torture room and tortured him cruelly. Zhang's hepatitis recurred because of being tortured.
Six criminals pushed practitioner Huang Min to the ground for force feeding. They forced Huang's mouth open and broke Huang's tooth. Huang's esophagus bled because of the tube. Huang removed the tube. The criminals inserted it again and said, "Remove it! We'll put it back and you are the one who suffers. Take it out again if you like to suffer."
Practitioner Liu Senle from Chengdu City was released because he was close to death. Liu died soon after the release.
7. Extorting Money from Practitioners' Workplace and Family
All the practitioners' expenses at the Xinjin Brainwashing Center, including the wages of the instructors, bonuses, entertainment and meals, come from money extorted from practitioners' workplaces and families. Each practitioner was forced to pay for two instructors. The cost was between 2,500 and 7,000 yuan per month. By the end of 2005, these depraved people had extorted over two million yuan from practitioners' workplaces.
Selected Cases of Practitioners and Families Persecuted at Xinjin Brainwashing Center
1. Ms. Zhu Xia, 34, was a practitioner from Guangrong Community of Chengdu City. She was arrested in 2001, on her son's first birthday. She was taken to the Nanmusi Female Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong, Sichuan Province, where she was illegally imprisoned for over a year and half. After some time, He Yuanfu, head of the Guangrong Community 610 Office, transferred Ms. Zhu to the Pi County Brainwashing Center and then to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center for persecution. In February 2004, the international community rescued her. A young beautiful woman had become disfigured and mentally disoriented. When Ms. Zhu was in the Pi County Brainwashing Center, a special agent raped her. The suffering of her family was terrible. Her father was mentally disoriented from persecution during the Cultural Revolution, her son had just turned one year old, and her husband was imprisoned at a forced labor camp. Ms. Zhu's mother had to work to support the family.
2. Ms. Liu Ying was a practitioner from Qinglongchang, Chengdu City. From September 2005 to January 2006, Zhang Fumin, captain of the Qinglongchang Armed Forces, imprisoned her in the Chenghua District Brainwashing Center. He brutally beat her and injected drugs into her body. Her leg was broken once and her life was in danger several times. During that time, her family was not even once notified about her condition. She was released after her father had petitioned the center many times. Ms. Liu became mentally disoriented. Her father wanted to take Zhang Fumin to task. Instead, Zhang arrested Ms. Liu again and took her to the Chenghua Brainwashing Center on February 21, 2006. At the time, Ms. Liu was mentally disoriented, unable to control her bowel movements, and unable to take care of her daily needs.
3. Mr. Xie Haifeng was from Jiangxi Province. On June 19, 2005, a Gaoxin District National Security special agent arrested Mr. Xie and took him to the Chengdu Detention Center. A month later, Mr. Xie was transferred to the notorious Xinjin Brainwashing Center for further persecution. His wife was about the give birth and no one was around to take care of her.
4. Ms. Li Xiaojun, 52, was a practitioner form Chengdu City. She was a senior engineer at the Bureau of Environmental Protection. Ms. Li was imprisoned at the Xinjin Brainwashing Center from 2003 to July 2004. She refused to be force fed. The depraved people tried to pry her mouth open and broke her upper teeth in the process. She could no longer eat properly.
5. Ms. Yang Li, a practitioner from Guangyuan City, Sichuan Province, was illegally imprisoned in the Guangyuan Brainwashing Center in 2005. During that time, the evil threatened that they would torture her 15-year-old daughter if she refused to give up Falun Gong.
6. Ms. Zhu Yufang, 43, was a practitioner from Guangyuan City, Sichuan Province. On April 25, 2006, special agents from the Chengdu and Guangyuan National Security Bureau arrested her on her way to work, broke into her home and confiscated her personal property. In the process, a practitioner who was visiting at the time was also arrested. They were taken to Guangyuan Brainwashing Center and tortured.
7. Ms. Liu Shengle, 53, was arrested by staff from the Xindu 610 Office in Sichuan in April 2003, and taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. She was tortured and her life was in danger. On May 23, the day she was released, she was bare-footed and injured everywhere on her body. She had a swollen head, bruised chest, an extended lower abdomen, uncontrollable drooling, and was pressing her lower abdomen at all times. Three days later, on May 26, she died.
8. Mr. Chen Yingjun, 30, was from Chenghua District, Chengdu City. In May 2006, Mr. Chen was arrested on his way to work and taken to the Cinjin Brainwashing Center, where he is still imprisoned. He still has a less-than-2-year-old child at home.
9. Ms. Li Yi, 42, was from Jitou Town, Shuangliu, Chengdu City. In 2005, she was arrested and taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center, where she is still imprisoned.
10. Mr. Fan Haidong was from Chengdu City. He was recognized as an outstanding youth. After many years of imprisonment, he was transferred to Xinjin Brainwashing Center for further torture. His body and mind suffered unbearably.
11. Ms. Zhang Weihua's father was a practitioner from Chengdu City. In 2005, Ms. Zhang's mother and her husband Zhou Jingdong were arrested and taken to the Chenghua District Brainwashing Center. The depraved people broke into their home and confiscated their personal property. Zhang Weihua went on a hunger strike and was later released because her life was in danger. She was arrested again and went on a hunger strike. Ms. Zhang's father went into shock and died after visiting Zhang and seeing how she had to suffer under the persecution. Ms. Zhang and her mother were released for the funeral, but Ms. Zhang's husband, Mr. Zhou was not released. Nobody knows what happened to Mr. Zhou. Ms. Zhang fled and became homeless because she wanted to escape being persecuted again. Her mother was arrested and taken back to the center after the funeral.
12. Mr. Jiang Yunhong, 37, was an engineer. In June 2005, criminals from Chenghua District and officers from Funan Police Station in Chengdu City arrested Mr. Jiang and took him to Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Mr. Jiang was brutally beaten and his life was in danger. Now, Mr. Jiang is being held on the 4th floor at Qingyang District People's Hospital. He was on a hunger strike for over 200 days at the time of this article and is in serious condition. They would not release Mr. Jiang, even at the point of near-death.
13. Ms. Wang Mingxun, in her 50s, was a disabled practitioner from Chengdu City. In 2005, criminals from the Hehuachi Street Office told Wang that the head of the 610 Office, Zhou Xiaolin, was looking for her. They arrested her and took her to the JinNiu Brainwashing Center.
14. In 2005, Mr. Xie Deqing was arrested, taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center and illegally imprisoned there. Mr. Xie's daughter-in-law was devastated because agents from the National Security Bureau continued to follow, monitor, threaten, and harass her. She died, but staff from the brainwashing center refused to let Mr. Xie attend the funeral. Instead, they intensified the persecution.
15. Ms. He Qin was forced to leave home because of her mother. Huang Min was a Falun Gong practitioner. In 2005, Ms. He visited her mother. Special agents from the Funan Police Station and Funan Street Office arrested both of them and took them to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center.
16. In June 2004, Ms. Wang Wentao was arrested and taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Her father-in-law suffered tremendously under the pressure and passed away. The depraved people refused to let Ms. Wang attend her father's funeral.
17. In June 2004, Fan Lingcai from the Baiguolin 610 Office arrested practitioner Yang Jing and took her/him to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Yang's father, Yang Shiman, was in his 60s and retired from the Chengdu City No. 18 Middle School. Yang Shiman couldn't get any help, was threatened and harassed. He died. During his funeral, the Yang family was followed and monitored by depraved people around the clock.
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2006/6/28/131607.html
[Note: The following is a shortened version of a longer and more detailed article that appeared on the Minghui.org website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net).]
Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Cao Guifang, 52, lives in Wangzhuang Village South, Xiaojin Town, Xifeng District of Qingyang City, Gansu Province.
On July 21, 1999, at a few minutes past 4 o'clock in the afternoon, police officer Han Yong and others illegally arrested Cao Guifang and detained her at the local police station for twenty four hours.
On February 22, 2000, Cao Guifang went to Beijing for the first time to appeal for Falun Gong. When she returned home, Fu Yikui, Zheng Xiang and other police officers arrested her and jailed her for one month at Xifeng Detention Facility, and she was put in a brainwashing class to be "transformed.".
On November 1, 2000, Shao Jun and three other police officers from the city police station brought Cao Guifang to the office and tortured and interrogated her. The police also searched and illegally confiscated her family property, and before leaving, forcibly extorted 500 yuan from Cao Guifang's husband. Cao Guifang escaped by jumping over the wall at night but had no place to go. She became homeless for over ninety days.
In February 2001, the police brought Cao Guifang to the City Detention Facility and jailed her for 42 days. Cao was then sent and jailed at the Drug-Addiction Rehab Center for another fifteen days. On April 12, 2001, Cao was secretly sentenced to eighteen months of forced labor.
At the forced labor camp, Ms. Cao was inhumanly tortured. The police forced her to carry huge rocks. In addition, they did not allow her to drink water or use the bathroom. They also forced her to stand still for long periods of time. She was confined and coerced to write the so-called repentance statement and was forced to wear handcuffs for eight consecutive days. Ms. Cao's feet became swollen from the torture. Even after she was released, the police went to Ms. Cao's home again to force her to write the "repentance" statement.
On April 25, 2003, police officers Yang Jinbao, Fan Zhe and others arrested Ms. Cao again and brought her to the local police station. She was sent to the city police office and then secretly transferred to the Detention Center in Zhengning County. She was kept in the detention center for more than fifty days, and the evil planned to secretly sentence her again to another three years in prison. Her husband went to the police office and demanded that she be released. Ms. Cao was finally released.
In mid February 2005, police officers Fan Zhe and Yang Jinpo brought Ms. Cao to the local police station for interrogation.
During her persecution against her, she was confined at the police
five times, detained in detention facilities three times, sent to a
once, and sent to drug-addiction rehab center once. In addition, Ms.
business was searched three times, her home was confiscated twice, she
searched once, and she was fined a total of 1200 yuan.
Chinese version available at http://minghui.org/mh/articles/2006/7/3/132012.html
After the persecution of Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yu Yingzhu by Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City of Hunan Province was exposed to the public, the forced labor camp forcibly forbade Yu's family from visiting her. The labor camp police often scream at practitioners: "I am not going to let you die. I will make your life a living hell." If one's family is illegally detained in such a living hell, it is not hard to imagine the pain experienced by the practitioner's family members.
Ms. Yu's family requested Baimalong Forced Labor Camp and Zhuzhou City Forced Labor Committees many times to unconditionally release and stop persecuting Ms. Yu, yet they always answer, "There is no law applicable when dealing with Falun Gong. So you want to sue us? Let's see where you can actually go to sue us? So what if you sue us--you cannot win the court case, because no lawyer dares to defend you."
When Ms. Yu's family expressed their concerns about her condition,
labor camp staff replied, "She won't die in the forced labor camp. We
inform you before she dies, so you can pick her up."
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2006/7/1/131875.html