The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong  -- July 7, 2005

Issued by Clearwisdom Net

  • Ms. Jin Xiuqing Tortured to Death Within One Day of Arrest by Police Department Political Security Office in Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province

  • Police Torture Jiang Lanying of Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province to Verge of Death and Force Family to Accept Responsibility

  • Mr. Wu Chunlong's Persecution at Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp

  • The Continuing Persecution of Ms. Xue Guiqing From Quqing District in Tianjin City

  • Crimes Committed Against Falun Gong by Authorities in Xuchang City, Henan Province and Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp

  • Eleven Falun Gong Practitioners in Several Provinces Die as a Result of Persecution

  • Information on Five Practitioners Who Passed Away Due to Persecution

  • Summary of Other Articles and News - June 28, 2005

  • Ms. Jin Xiuqing Tortured to Death Within One Day of Arrest by Police Department Political Security Office in Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province

    Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Jin Xiuqing (previously named Jin Zhu), age 60, from Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province was tortured to death in little more than ten hours in Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province.

    On the afternoon of June 28, 2005, at around 3:00 p.m., the Political Security Office head Guan Wei (male) and another policeman arrested Ms. Jin while she was walking in her apartment hallway on her way home. It is estimated that Ms. Jin was tortured to death sometime between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on June 29, 2005, while in police custody. Her family strongly requests that the killer be identified. Her body is still at the funeral home. Other details are under investigation.

    Responsible parties and individuals:
    Fengcheng City CCP Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary Office, 86-415-8138548
    Fengcheng City Mayor Wang Guoqiang (male), 86-13358785888 (Cell)
    Fengcheng City Police Department Director Zhao Hongwei (male), 86-13841592888 (Cell)

    Police Torture Jiang Lanying of Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province to Verge of Death and Force Family to Accept Responsibility

    Jiang Lanying, a Falun Gong practitioner from Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province, has been tortured and force-fed for two years and eleven months at a hospital connected to the Jiangxi Province Forced Labor Camp. She is now on the verge of death. In June 2005, the police forced her parents to sign a document making her family responsible for whatever happens to her at the hospital. The police told her parents, "We will not release her. Let her die here."

    Ms. Jiang Lanying is 39 years old. In November 1999, she went to Beijing three times to clarify the truth. She was illegally arrested by the Qingshanlu Police Station of Nanchang City (now combined with the Pengjiaqiao Police Station), then detained at the Third Detention Center. Liu Xiuying, a policewoman who was later imprisoned for selling drugs, ordered thugs to brutally beat Ms. Jiang, and to throw ice water and urine at her in the winter. When she joined seven others in a Falun Gong group exercise, she and the others were handcuffed together by the political chief of the detention center named Deng. When one practitioner needed to use the restroom, the other seven had to go too. For two days, the practitioners were forced to sit on the concrete floor. Ms. Jiang was illegally sentenced to one year of forced labor and sent to the Women's Forced Labor Camp of Jiangxi Province in January 2000. Because she held a hunger strike, she was bound to her bed for long periods of time and deprived from using the restroom. She was force-fed and jailed in a small and dark cell with two other people. In this cell, they ate their meals and used the space as a bathroom. Eventually Ms. Jiang Lanying became emaciated, and was on the verge of death. At that point she was released to her home. It was January 2002.

    At around 1:00 in the morning of July 11, 2002, Ms. Jiang was taken from her home by police from the Qingshanlu Police Station. At the police station, police officer Wang Wei (who is now the political director), and Zhou Xiangfeng, beat her with electric batons and an iron club for two entire days. Wang Wei even sat on a stool to beat Ms. Jiang's feet. Later, when she was transferred to the First Detention Center, her family was not allowed to see her.

    At the end of February 2003, the Women's Prison of Jiangxi Province suddenly notified Jiang Lanying's family that they may visit her at the Long March Jail Hospital. This was the first time her family knew that she was illegally sentenced to five years in jail. Liang Lanying had refused to eat in protest and was sent to the hospital to be force fed. Her mother was allowed to visit her periodically up until July 25. She had become extremely thin, weighing only 40 kilograms (88 lbs.) although she was 1.65 meters (5 ft. 5 in.) tall. Her mother begged to take her home. The hospital staff told her they could not release Ms. Jiang because of orders from higher up. They said that if she did not eat, she would have to die there.

    Ms. Jiang's mother read in the newspaper on May 27, 2005 that the head of the police department would handle problematic cases [such as hers]. So Ms. Jiang's mother went to the Donghu District Police Department in Nanchang City on May 30. The department head, Yu Xiaoguang, interviewed her in the presence of the Chief of Pengjiaqian Police Station. They appeared to be in very good spirits at the time. In the company of ten police officers, on June 1, the political director of the Pengjiaqian Police Station, Wang Wei, took Jiang Lanying's parents to the hospital.

    Ms. Jiang was bound to the bed. The authorities arranged reporters to videotape everything. They then told Ms Jiang's parents and the reporters, "You have seen, we gave her an injection, and she refused to eat. Now we will leave her alone. She needs to be responsible herself for whatever happens." Then, they asked Ms. Jiang's parents to sign a document.

    Although extremely weak, Ms. Jiang spoke clearly, "Mum, you can't sign. I'm not afraid of death. They never gave me injections or cared for my condition. Every day I was forced to drink a bottle of salted water. I was injected today only because the reporters came."

    Ms. Jiang's parents did not sign. The authorities said, "We won't let her go. If she dies, she will die here, because once she is released, she will go to Beijing." A police officer named Wang Wei said maliciously to the family, "I am not afraid, regardless of where you take your protests. I want her to die, so what? "

    We call on everyone to be aware of Ms. Jiang's condition and call for justice.

    Mr. Wu Chunlong's Persecution at Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp

    Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wu Chunlong from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, came home from the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp showing no emotion, looking confused, reacting very slowly, and unable to speak. His family was very upset. It took over a month before he could remember even a little bit of what had happened.

    At the end of 2003, Mr. Wu Chunlong was again sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. The local authorities locked him up in Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, where he underwent brutal persecution. Mr. Wu was first sentenced on November 3, 1999, to three years of forced labor. He was among the first group of 17 Falun Gong practitioners sent to forced labor in Jiamusi City. Mr. Wu Chunlong and his father moved five times between late-2002 and late-2003 to avoid further harassment and surveillance by the local police.

    At Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, all practitioners are forced to do hard labor. When they were sorting beans in a workshop, prison guard Yang Chunlong summoned Mr. Wu to the office and made him stand by the wall. He said, "We found several articles by Teacher Li in your bed." Group Leader Liu Hongguang came in with several other police officers. Liu said, "We found some articles in your bed." They made Mr. Wu take off all his clothes and body searched him. Then one officer punched Mr. Wu's face saying, "I don't want to "transform" you. As long as you promise verbally to obey the rules, you can go back to work." Mr. Wu replied, "I am not making any promises." Then Liu said to the police officer, "Take him to the second floor."

    One police officer punched Mr. Wu and pushed him out of the room while twisting his arms behind his back. Mr. Wu could not hold out against the seven or eight police officers surrounding him and beating him. He lost his balance, fell to the floor, and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!"

    The police rushed over to gag him. Yang Chunming brought in the tape and Yang Chunlong brought in the bed sheet. They dragged Mr. Wu to the second floor, threw him on an empty bed, and shackled him to it. Liu Hongguang yelled at him, "Go ahead and shout! Why don't you shout now?" Yang Chunlong used an implement to beat Wu on the face, and Liu Hongguang used an electric baton to shock his collarbones and his penis before he left. Zhao Yancai was on duty and stayed to watch him.

    Mr. Wu went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Yang Chunlong threatened, "If you don't eat, we will force feed you." Force-feeding is very painful. The officers added milk powder and salt to some water and then injected the solution into his stomach. Mr. Wu developed diarrhea. On the third day, Liu Hongguang and Guo Gang beat Mr. Wu. They took turns coming to harass him to make him eat. He just ignored them. One day, Guo Gang tickled Mr. Wu's armpits, nostrils and ears with a feather. After a few days, Zhao Yancai used a small spoon to pry open Mr. Wu's mouth and poured in water. Mr. Wu spit out all the water.

    A few days later, Mr. Wu became very confused and could not think properly. He vaguely heard the police officers talking. He remembered inmate Wang Fu carrying him on his back and Zhao Yancai pulling his legs. They bounced him down the corridor and put him on his bed. Because he was unconscious, Mr. Wu often urinated and defecated in his bed. During the seven or eight days when he was on a hunger strike, his muscles from his waist to his knees were numb and did not respond. He could not walk, had chest pains, felt cold, his mind was slow, and he could not think. Mr. Wu was emaciated. Several days later, he awoke while being dragged to the water room, where they poured cold water on him. Then he was dragged back. One day, Mr. Wu woke up in pain and saw inmate Wang Fu pricking his collar bones on the left. Wu often shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" Once inmate Wang Fu stuck a towel soaked in diarrhea in Mr. Wu's mouth. Mr. Wu usually woke up unable to breathe because a towel was stuffed in his mouth. Mr. Wu Chunlong was then moved to a small meeting room in a remote hospital area. Several doctors sat in front of him. The police officers talked to the doctors for a while and then moved Mr. Wu back to the forced labor camp.

    At 4:00 or 5:00 p.m. two days later, Yang Chunlong and Yang Chunming carried Mr. Wu Chunlong out of the premises and sent him home in a taxi. The officers forced his family to pay a 5000 yuan fine. His family did not have the money and paid only 200 yuan.

    Jiang Zuoqi, Director of Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp: 86-454-8891958 (Office), 86-454-8247690 (Home)
    Yao Debin, Associate Director: 86-454-8891931
    Sun Dehong: 86-454-8891932, 86-454-8243824 (Home)
    Xu Lifeng: 86-454-8891933, 86-454-8651855 (Home), 86-13904547855(Cell)
    Fu Maosen, Chief of Staff: 86-454-8891890
    Guan Dejun, Associate Chief of Staff: 86-454-8891948
    Bai Jinfeng, Department of Political Affairs: 86-454-8891935
    Xu Guiying, General Office: 86-454-8891938
    Liu Hongguang, No. 6 Group (male) Captain: 86-454-8891924 (Office)
    Guo Gang, Zhang Zhenhua (male), Associate Captains
    Yang Chunlong, Prison Guard

    The Continuing Persecution of Ms. Xue Guiqing From Quqing District in Tianjin City

    Ms. Xue Guiqing, 53, is from the village of Niu Zhen in Tianjin City. She first learned about Falun Gong in 1998 and benefited tremendously from practicing it. As a result, she developed a solid belief in Teacher Mr. Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong. She never received much schooling, but her strong faith has enabled her to endure hardships beyond belief.

    Even after the Chinese government began intensely persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Xue insisted on doing the exercises in public every day regardless of the weather. It didn't matter if it was pouring rain, freezing cold or extremely hot. She went to Beijing four times to appeal and seek justice for the good name of Teacher Li and Falun Gong, and each time she was arrested. The local police station always brought her back and locked her in the Quqing Detention Center. At the end of 2000, on her fourth appeal attempt to Beijing, she was detained at the Banqiao Women's Labor Reform Camp in Tianjin City for three years. She suffered brutal torture while she was at the camp. Because she refused to be "transformed," she was denied sleep for a week and forced to wear a "straight jacket." Made of thin canvas, a straight jacket is put on the victim from the front and tightened behind the back. The sleeves, with straps on them, are about 10 inches longer than the victim's arms. The victim's arms are thrust into the sleeves, which are then pulled behind the person's back, crossed and tied. The arms are then pulled up and over the head to the front of the chest, the legs are tied, and the victim is suspended from a window. At the same time, the person is gagged and fitted with earphones, which incessantly play messages slandering Falun Gong. According to an eyewitness account, people who suffer this torture quickly sustain broken arms and severe injuries to tendons, shoulders, wrists and elbows. Those who endure this torture for any length of time have broken backs, and they die in agonizing pain (see /emh/articles/2003/11/1/41857.html). During the long, cold winter, Ms. Xue was locked up in a small, cold, damp cell and ordered to sit on a long wooden bed for long periods of time. She was given only very thin clothes to wear and was not given any bedding. This so-called "bed" is a two-foot wide plank that sits just inches above the ground. Also, the guards deliberately left the cell door open.

    Ms. Xue held a hunger strike for 10 months protesting the persecution. She lost so much weight that she looked like a skeleton. Between April and May 2004, a few days after she was released, she went to Beijing to appeal again. The Quqing District sentenced her to another three years in prison, and she is currently serving her sentence at the Fourth Jail of the Women's Prison in Tianjian City. She has been on a hunger strike for a few months.

    The Fourth Jail of the Women's Prison in Tianjin City: 86-22-23072074
    Li Hong (specializes in brainwashing) and Shi Shuhua (responsible for production), Captains of the Fourth Jail
    Banqiao Women's Labor Reform Camp in Tianjin City: 86-22-63251069

    Hao Demin, director
    Guo Ling, Han Jinling (specializes in brainwashing), and Gao Huachao (malicious), captains at the First Jail
    Liu Junying and Xia Chunli, captains at the Second Jail

    Crimes Committed Against Falun Gong by Authorities in Xuchang City, Henan Province and Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp

    I. Crimes Against Falun Gong Committed in Mianchi County

    Mr. Zhao Zheng is a Falun Gong practitioner from Xuchang City of Henan Province. While in Mianchi County doing business, he was illegally arrested and detained in the Mianchi County Detention Center. He was detained from February 2001 until March 2002. The Yima City and Mianchi City 610 Office branches collaborated in Mr. Zhao's arrest. They searched his home, took his TV and VCR, and stole 100 yuan in cash. Later, in July 2003, they fined him 6,000 yuan. Zhao was also detained in the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp.

    Zhao's family several times requested that the Mianchi County 610 Office return Zhao's stolen property. Li Yuwei, the head of the 610 Office, said, "We won't return your property. Do you think there is anything you can do when the government takes it?" Zhao and Li Yuwei treated other practitioners badly as well. They extorted over 10,000 yuan from a practitioner named Chen.

    The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Deputy Secretary of the Political and Judicial Committee of Sanmenxia City ordered officers in Mianchi County to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Li Yuwei took advantage of this opportunity to confiscate Zhao Zheng's goods from his grocery store and sell them. The head of the educational bureau ordered schools to bar Zhao Zheng's children from attending. Anyone who allowed them into class would loose their job. The persecution forced Zhao Zheng's entire family into homelessness.

    Right after the persecution started on July 20, 1999, the County CCP Secretary, Li Hongbin, called an emergency meeting to mobilize the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. He ordered Li Yuwei to search practitioners' homes, remove their Falun Gong books, video and audio tapes, audio/video players, televisons and any other items they found. And on August 6, they secretly organized a brainwashing session to force practitioners to give up their belief in Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, while extorting their money. Practitioners Zhang Minglin, Xi Hai, Zheng Fahai and others were forced to attend the brainwashing class and to pay 2000 yuan each. The Mianchi County 610 Office arrested practitioners Zhao Baozhuang, Li Ying, Yang Yong, Yang Qingyu and Han Fazhong in February 2001, and forced each of them to pay 3000 yuan. Zhao Baozhuang and Han Fazhong were detained for 14 months.

    In April 2002, practitioner Yang Yong was detained for 7 months and forced to pay 2000 yuan. In November 2002, Zhao Baozhuang was detained for 14 days.

    In October 2003, the 610 Offices of Yima and Mianchi County together decided to arrest Zhao Baozhuang, Li Ying, and Yang Yong. They sentenced Zhao and Yao to two years in a forced labor camp. Around the same time, practitioner Han Fazhong's home was searched and 10,000 yuan was extorted from practitioner Chen. Zhao Baozhuang had two grocery stores full of goods. The two stores were robbed and all the goods were taken by the local police officers. Zhao Baozhuang's family was forced to leave Mianchi County and become homeless.

    In October 2004, Ms. Yang Qingyi was arrested and sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp by the Mianchi 610 Office. Currently, Yang is detained at the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp in Zhengzhou City. In May 2001, practitioner Zhao Li was detained for one month and fined 3000 yuan by the 610 Office.

    Responsible person's phone number:
    Li Yuwei, Head of Mianchi County 610 Office: 86-13707641760 (C)

    II. The Crimes of Police Officer Xu Shuiwang at Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp

    (1) Xu Shuiwang is the leader of the First Squadron in the Third Group at the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp. One day Falun Gong practitioners reported to him that one of his group leaders didn't return the money he had borrowed from them. Xu Shuiwang's response to the practitioners was anger. He forced one practitioner to put his hand on the ground and then he stomped on it, shouting, "Just to let you know pain!" Finally, he twisted his shoes on the hand to cause more pain.

    (2) In August 2004, Xu instigated criminal detainees to beat practitioners. He offered a leather belt to Zhang Huizhuo and told him to use it to whip practitioners Wang Jun and Jin Chaofu.

    (3) Xu Shuiwang tortured practitioners Guan Xiaoguang, Wang Jun, Wu Yihuai, Shi Zaihe, Jin Chaofu, Dai Yaping, Chen Shaomin, Liu Yingchun, Zheng Xianjing, Pang Liang and others.

    (4) Xu Shuiwang is very vicious. He swears and beats practitioners at will. Some of his words include: "This is a forced labor camp, you have to work!" and "You are so old. This is not a senior's center. Who let you grow so old?" and "This is not a place for you to argue."

    (5) Xu Shuiwang used practitioners and detainees as servants to bring him food and daily items. He ordered criminal detainee Li Zhanqi to get him food, clothing and whatever else the store in the camp sold. Li Zhanqi could not afford to buy these things, so he forced practitioners to give him money. Xu declared that we should shut up, saying "What use is it to report to him, as he would punish whoever did." He forced a practitioner to work as his servant, making the bed, washing clothes, doing massages for him and whatever else he wanted done. Other detainees were also forced to serve him.

    (6) Practitioner Guan Xiaoguang is from Hebi County in Henan Province. Xu Shuiwang was promoted to leader of the Third Squadron in March 2004. He and police officer Xu Zusheng beat practitioner Guan Xiaoguang from Hebi County, Henan Province, with electric batons, ropes, kicks and punches. Xu also forced detainee Chen Guoqing to beat Guan, and ordered two criminal detainees to monitor Guan around the clock.

    III. More Facts of the Persecution at the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp

    Practitioner Wang Jun is from Xiangcheng County in Henan Province. He was sent to Kaifeng City Forced Labor Camp on September 28, 1999. Later he was transferred to the Xichang Forced Labor Camp. He spent a total of 5 years and 4 months in the camps. In July 2003, he was moved to the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp, where police officers Jia Zigang and Xu Zusheng tied him up, shocked him with electric batons and extended his term for four months. In June 2004, the camp intensified the persecution of practitioners. Wang Jun was forced to work for long hours, even though he could not bear the heavy load. One night, police officers Xu Shuiwang, Xu Zusheng, Yan Lei, and Du Zhengtao accused Wang Jun of not working hard enough. For punishment they beat him brutally with wooden sticks, leather shoes, kicks and punches.

    Wu Yihuai is a practitioner from Nanyang City in Henan Province. In June 2004, police officer Du Zhengtao talked with Wu. Wu clarified the truth about Falun Gong to Du. Regardless, Du and police officer Yan Lei tortured Wu. In November 2004, Xu Shuiwang and Xu Zusheng accused Wu of not working hard enough, shocked Wu with electric batons, and kicked and punched him. Police Officer Yan Lei tried to extend Wu's term when it had expired.

    Ma Lucheng is a practitioner from Jiaozuo City in Henan Province. In November 2000, the Jiaozuo City 610 Office arrested him. At the Jiaozuo Detention Center, Ma went on a hunger strike and was force-fed by police officers once every four days. On the 45th day of his hunger strike, he was sent to the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp. Police officer Jia Zigang coerced criminal detainees Chen Guoqing and Li Zhanqi to insult, curse and beat him.

    Wu Junqing is a practitioner and former employee of the Shuanghui Company in Luohe City, and a graduate of the Beijing Science and Technology University. In 2001, he was sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp. He was first detained at the Luohe Detention Center and then moved to the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp. In July, November and December, he suffered tortures which left his arms disabled. In September 2004, Xu Zusheng and Du Zhengtao shocked him with electric batons for over four hours. In October 2004, the Camp intensified the persecution of practitioners. Police officer Tan Junming, Xu Zusheng and Yan Lei tortured Wu for several days and extended Wu's term for four additional months.

    Dai Yaping is from Shashi City in Hubei Province. He was an employee at the Third Oil Extraction Factory of the Central Oil Field. Dai refused to cooperate with the Oil Field 610 Office. As a result, he was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp and sent to the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp in April 2004. In October 2004, Xu Shuiwang and Xu Zusheng tortured practitioner Tan Jinfu (from Xingxiang City) and then they tortured Dai Yaping. Xu Shuiwang clubbed Dai's face with leather shoes. Xu Zusheng shocked Dai with electric batons and hit him with a shovel to force him to yield to his demands.

    Chen Shaomin is from Luoning County in Henan Province. In November 2004, he was moved from Luoyang Forced Labor Camp to the Xuchang Forced Labor Camp. When he first entered the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp, Police Officers Xu Zusheng and Yan Lei shocked him with electric batons while he knelt on the floor. Chen Shaomin still clarified the truth of Falun Gong to them during the suffering. At midnight three days later, Xu Shuiwang and Du Zhengtao beat Chen's face with leather shoes while violently kicking and punching him.

    Ma Fei, a practitioner from Nanyang City, entered the camp on December 4, 2004. He was subjected to torture the very first day. Police officers handcuffed him and coerced criminal detainee Zhang Huizhuo and others to prevent Ma from sleeping and to beat him. On the morning of December 6, 2004, Zhang Huizhuo handcuffed Ma to a luggage rack by twisting Ma's arms behind his back and inserting several stools under his legs to cause more pain. At breakfast Ma Fei shouted, "Falun Dafa is good." Police officer Yanlei, along with criminal detainees Zhang Huizhuo and Liu Ji beat him in front of many people. Zhang Huizhuo, Liu Ji and Liu Ermin dragged Ma along the ground to the work area. Police officers Tan Junmin and Xu Zusheng praised Zhang Huizhuo, Tan and others for their brutality.

    Wang Chaowei is from Yanggu County in Shandong Province. On December 6, 2004, he was sent to the labor camp. Police Officer Zhang, from the management section, beat Wang for about 30 minutes because he refused to submit to them. Zhang ordered Liu Yi to drag Wang to the Third Group area. Xu Shuiwang and Xu Zusheng also tortured him.

    Pang Liang is from Liaoning Province. In November 2002, he shouted "Falun Dafa is good" at a meeting. For this, police officer Zhao Zhimin and Shen Jianwei tortured him until his right hand became disabled, and extended his term for seven months. On June 10, 2004, Police Officers Shi Baolong and Ma Huating accused Pang Liang of not working hard enough. They led a group to torture Pang Liang by kicking and punching him while binding him with rope. They then used six electric batons to shock Pang Liang from head to foot. At the same time, they forced Pang to say that his hand was disabled by itself, not by police torture. Seven months later, Xu Shuiwang again tortured Pang many times.

    Yue Caiyun previously worked at the Yima Coal Mine in Henan Province. In 2003, he went to Zhongnanhai in Beijing to appeal, but was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. Later, he shouted "Falun Dafa is good" twice at the dining hall in the camp, and the guards extended his term for one year. In May 2003, he was tortured. In March 2004, around midnight, police officer Zhao Zhimin and Shen Jianwei tortured Yue and Wang Tiezhuang (formerly the deputy head of the Nanyang Industry and Commercial Management Department). Yue's term was up on January 26, 2005, but police officer Shi Baolong and others did not want to release him. They asked the Yiman City 610 Office to pick him up. Since then his whereabouts are unknown.

    Shou Libing is from Jaiozuo City in Henan Province. On the afternoon of January 23, 2005, criminal detainee Gao Zhijie took drugs against prison rules and was caught. Gao extorted practitioners' money in order to buy things to bribe the police officers and avoid punishment. Gao also lied about Shou, saying that he intended to escape. As a result, police officers Zhao Zhimin and Meng Guanglu brutally tortured Shou until he became muddleheaded. Then, to cover their crimes, the police officers spread rumors that Shou had mental problems. The guards also coerced criminal detainees to torture Shou.

    Tang Keyu is from Henan Province. The morning of January 2, 2005, he shouted "Falun Dafa is good" and was tortured by Zhao Zhimin. The police instructor from the
    Third group joined in the torture of Tang at around noon.

    Zhao Guoan is from Luohe City in Henan Province. On December 26, 2003, he clarified the truth about Falun Gong to the prison guards and said, "Falun Dafa is good" to them. Police officers Jia Zigang and Xu Zusheng then tortured him with thetiger bench. The night of December 28, a group of prison guards led by Jiang Qingtai, the deputy head of the camp, tortured Zhao by tying him up, shocking him with several electric batons at once, kicking and punching him. The torture caused Zhao's death. Jia Zigang coerced criminal detainee Chen Guoqing to spread rumors that Zhao Guoan was sick and sent to the hospital. Chen said he died at the hospital, thus covering up their crimes.

    Shi Zaihe is a practitioner from Xinyang City in Henan Province. On May 14, 2004, he wrote a solemn declaration to affirm his determination in practicing Falun Gong, and persuaded Xu Shuiwang and Xu Zusheng not to do bad things any longer. That night, instructor Ma Huating gave orders to Xu Shuiwang and Xu Zusheng. They tied Shi up with ropes. Xu Zusheng stomped on Shi's feet with leather shoes. After beating Shi down to the ground, Xu Shuiwang used a steel shovel to hit him. Then two guards shocked Shi with electric batons first together, then alternately.

    Wang Yukun is from Henan Province. In May 2003, Jia Zigang coerced several criminal detainees to beat Wang in the shower room. They crushed Wang's legs with a steel bar for several days, which left Wang's left leg disabled. Wang's term was up in December 2003. A police officer forced Wang to state that his leg was not disabled from the beatings.

    Wang Mingyao is from Henan Province. In April 2003, Jia Zigang accused Wang of making trouble, and ordered about six criminal detainees to torture Wang one night. One criminal detainee forced push-pins into Wang's nails and toes. Then he hit Wang's toe with a small hammer causing his feet to swell up. They stopped at dawn and pretended that nothing had happened.

    Police officers at the Xuchang Forced Labor Camp:
    Head: Yan Zhenye
    First deputy head, Jiang Qingtai
    Resident Procurator from Xuchang City Procuratorate: Dai Xiaojuan
    Head of the Education and Reform Office: Dong Jianchao.
    Leader of the Third Group: Shi Baolong
    Instructor: Tan Junmin (Ma Huating preceded him, now Ma is the head of the Living section)
    Deputy Head of the Third Group, Jin Weishan

    Police officers in the First Squadron, Xuchang Forced Labor Camp
    Head: Xu Shuiwang
    Director: Yan Lei
    Group leaders: Xu Zusheng and Du Zhengtao

    Police officers in the Second Squadron, Xuchang Forced Labor Camp
    Head: Zhao Zhimin
    Director: Shen Jianwei
    Group leaders: Meng Guanglu and Zhang Qingshao.

    Police officers at the Xuchang City Forced Labor Camp:
    Tan Junmin, Ma Huating, Xu Shuiwang, Xu Zusheng, Yan Lei, Du Zhengtao, Zhao Zhimin, Shen Jianwei, Meng Guanglu, Zhang Qingshan, Chen Guoqing, Liu Wei, Li Zhanqi, Zhang Huizhuo, Li Xiaoliu, Liu Ji and Liu Ermin.

    Eleven Falun Gong Practitioners in Several Provinces Die as a Result of Persecution

    Ms. Li Wanzhi, 67, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Bin County, Heilongjiang Province. She went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong in October 1999. She was arrested, and sent back to Jinzhou City, where she was detained for two weeks. She went to Beijing again in November 2001, and was arrested again. The authorities then sent her back to her hometown, Bin County. She had to pay a fine of 5,000 yuan, and was inhumanly tortured. Ms. Li passed away on March 15, 2002.

    Ms. Tian Xierong, 50, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Daqing, Heilongjiang Province. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution started, she was forced to stop practicing. She then became seriously ill. Later, she started to practice Falun Gong again. On June 25, 2000, Ms. Tian was arrested while doing the Falun Gong exercises in a public park. She was detained for nearly two months in a detention center, where she was made to suffer extreme mental and physical torture. After her release, she died in December 2002.

    Ms. Zhen Guizhi, 55, was a teacher at the Xinli Elementary School, located in Siping City, Jilin Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. At that time, she had multiple diseases (rheumatism, optic atrophy, etc.). After practicing Falun Gong, her condition clearly improved. In February 2002, she was sent to a detention center twice. There she was persecuted both mentally and physically. Her husband was then detained in a forced labor camp for two years. Her body became very weak and her eyesight worsened significantly. She was unable to take care of her daily routine. They finally released her. In April 2003, she passed away.

    Mr. Wu Kebing, 76, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Shanghai. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. Through practicing, numerous diseases that bothered him were totally gone. Before that, he had to spend close to 10,000 yuan of the government's money for medical treatment every year. His mind became clear and his spirits were high. In 1999, after the persecution started, following orders from higher levels of the government, his company's officials put him under house arrest. They prohibited him from contacting other practitioners, studying the Falun Gong books, doing the exercises, and sharing experiences. He was tormented both physically and psychologically. Mr. Wu passed away on May 1, 2005, at the Shanghai Retired Worker's Center, a military facility for retired military officials.

    Mr. Sun Zhenting, 84, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Shanghai. He was originally from Shandong Province. When he was younger, he participated in many military battles for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). After a career change, he started working at the Shanghai Metallurgical Equipment Factory as the head of the Legal Administrative Section. Before practicing Falun Gong, he had serious heart disease and many other diseases. When the symptoms occurred several times per year, he had to be rushed in an ambulance to the Shanghai Yangpu District Central Hospital. From the time he started practicing Falun Gong in 1995, to July 1999, before Falun Gong was persecuted, he had no need to visit the hospital. He used to swear to people when he was angry, but after practicing Falun Gong, he became very kind and caring. After the persecution started in 1999, this older man persisted in practicing Falun Gong. The CCP persecuted him and he suffered intense pressure from former employers, the neighborhood committee and his family members. Not only did his old illnesses return to him, but he also got more diseases. His condition continued to worsen until he passed away on October 15, 2004.

    Mr. Bai Qingli, 61, was a Falun Gong practitioner from the Nanyang Automobile Factory in Henan Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. In 2001, he went to a experience sharing Fconference. The police arrested and detained him twice. They extorted 3,000 yuan from his family before releasing him. Mr. Bai endured extreme persecution. In January 2004, he passed away.

    Ms. Yin Xiuzhen, 76, was a retired employee of the Doublestar Co. in Qingdao City, Shandong Province. She lived at 39 Guizhou Rd. Building #2, Qingdao, Shandong. After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, her diabetes, which had lasted for 10 years, was healed without any medical treatment. The elderly woman's spirit glowed. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution started, her daughter and son-in-law appealed for justice for Falun Gong numerous times. For this they were arrested. In April 2002, her daughter-in-law was sentenced to four years in prison. The older woman couldn't take the trauma of all these events. She passed away on August 18, 2002.

    Ms. Xuan Guirong, 47, was from Masai Village, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, she had diabetes, which many hospitals told her was untreatable. After practicing Falun Gong, her illness disappeared without any medical treatment. In the year 2000, after the persecution started, Ms. Xuan Guirong went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. When she was half way to Beijing, she was intercepted by authorities and sent back to her hometown. Later, because of continued police harassment, her old illness recurred. She died on April 27, 2003.

    Ms. Zhang Xiaonian, 64, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Dunfang Village, Jiucheng Township, Xinji City, Hebei Province. After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, she became free of illness. She told everyone about Falun Gong. She studied the Falun Gong books and did the exercises every day. After July 20, 1999, the CCP persecuted practitioners. The older woman felt overwhelming pressure. Authorities went to her home and asked for her Falun Gong books and Teacher's photo. She firmly refused them. Later, they continued to harass her. Her younger sister was detained. Under the intense pressure and threats, her old illness returned. She fell ill and was unable to get out of bed. Ms. Zhang died on April 14, 2003.

    Ms. Xu Xiangzhen, 68, was a retired worker from Anlu City, Hubei Province. She was once a cancer patient, and doctors had declared that her condition was terminal. In 1997, after learning Falun Gong, the leukemia and many of her other illnesses miraculously disappeared. She looked younger, almost like a different person. After July 20, 1999, the police continually came to the elderly woman's residence to harass her, forcing her to fingerprint and sign various forms. These incidents caused extreme difficulty for this older woman. She was unable to study the Falun Gong books or do the exercises with peace of mind. She passed away in September 2004.

    Ms. Chen Cuitao, 50, was a teacher at the Nanhai Elementary School, Guangdong Province. She once had multiple illnesses. After practicing Falun Gong, she became healthy again. Then the persecution began. The local police threatened and harassed her. She died in October 1999.

    Information on Five Practitioners Who Passed Away Due to Persecution

    Mr. Yu Xuewang, a 60-year-old practitioner from Baoquanlin, Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, died as a result of continual harassment and pressure that started on July 20, 1999, after the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners began. He was arrested twice and illegally detained in the Baoquanlin Detention Center, where he was severely mistreated and also extorted of 3,000 yuan. After being released, the local police continually monitored, harassed, and threatened Yu Xuewang. When Mr. Yu died as a result of this mistreatment, the police claimed that he had "committed suicide."

    Mr. Cai Youyi was a 72-year-old practitioner from Chongyingshan City, Sichuan Province. After he started practicing Falun Gong, he regained complete health. Mr. Cai was harassed and threatened many times after July 20, 1999. His wife went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested and brought back by the police. As a result, their home was ransacked and Mr. Cai was also arrested and detained. He was severely harmed both mentally and physically. Cai Youyi died on his way to visit his wife, who was detained in a brainwashing class, on March 14, 2001.

    Mr. Pu Shuzhen was a 61-year-old practitioner from Xiaohu Village, Sanhe City, Hebei Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Before he began practicing Falun Gong, he had a lot of illnesses, including bad circulation that caused numbness in his extremities and hypertension. As a result of practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Pu became completely healthy. After July 20, 1999, authorities from the 610 Office went to his home to harass and intimidate him. Because of the severe pressure and constant intimidation, Pu Shuzhen's illnesses returned and he passed away on November 17, 2002.

    Ms. Li Baozhen was a 49-year-old practitioner from Xiaohu Village, Sanhe City, Hebei Province, who started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she had many diseases and she felt very weak and irritable at all times. As soon are she started practicing Falun Gong, her illnesses went away and she felt light and full of energy, even while working. After July 20 1999, the deputy Party secretary of the village, Zhang Xihua, (who has since died)) went to her home to harass her. Mr. Li was very timid and it was very hard on her to suffer such continual harassment. After a long period of this mental pressure, her ill-health returned and she died on November 9, 2002.

    Ms. Cai Banghua, was a 30-year-old practitioner from Kunming City, Yunnan Province. She previously had a severe kidney disorder (nephropathy). After she began to practice Falun Gong in 1997, the nephropathy and all other symptoms of illness disappeared. Ms. Cai felt happy and content because she was practicing Falun Gong diligently. In 1998, she was selected as the vice-director of a street committee and she performed her duties well and worked very hard. After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, the director, Zhang Hui, created much difficulty for her by increasing her workload and assigning tasks to her just when it was time to go home. He forced Ms. Cai to write "repentance letters" repeatedly, but she did not hand in all of her Falun Gong books. Finally, he forced Ms. Cai to resign from her position. Because Cai Banghua had no job, she experienced economic hardship on top of the mental suffering caused by the constant harassment. Thus, her old illness recurred and she died in June 2000.

    Summary of Other Articles and News - June 28, 2005

    Facts of the Persecution - Viciousness of Shuangcheng City's Second Detention Center Director Jin Wanzhi

    Jin Wanzhi (female) is the Director of the Shuangcheng City Second Detention Center in Heilongjiang Province. She has been very active in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners since the persecution began on July 20, 1999. She planned the detention of practitioners, sent them to labor camps or prisons, and conducted brutal force-feedings of practitioners who were on hunger strikes. The amount she extorted from practitioners amounts to more than ten thousand yuan. There have been two female Falun Gong practitioners tortured to death under her direction, Ms. Xiao Yali from Dongguan Town, and Ms. Gu Xiuxian from Lanling Town. Surviving Ms. Xiao are her twin daughters, only six years old, now without a mother. On October 18, 2004, two other Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Huang Yanzhen and Ms. Guo Fenglan, were arrested and have been sentenced to seven years in prison. Jin Wanzhi asked a male doctor to force-feed 60-year-old Ms. Huang Yanzhen. At the end of 1999, Jin received a reward because she actively joined the persecution. She got a promotion from the Center CCP (Chinese Communist Party) Director to Political Security Office Chair in charge of arresting Falun Gong practitioners. She was assigned to be the First Director in the Second Detention Center in 2004.