Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Accounts of Persecution of Married Couples Who Practice Falun Gong in Shenyang City

September 02, 2008 |  


1. The Persecution of Mr. Shen Lizhi and Ms. Luo Fang

Mr. Shen Lizhi was a 33 year-old college graduate from the Dadong District in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. His parent also lived in Shenyang City. He married Luo Fang from Leshan, Sichuan Province. The couple practiced Falun Gong.

While Mr. Shen and Ms. Luo were riding on a bus on February 1, 2002, agents from the Yingkou Police Station in Chendu City, Sichuan Province illegally arrested them because they were found carrying Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. Both were locked up in the Chengdu Detention Center.

Tian Xinming and others from the Chengdu 610 Office brutally tortured Shen Lizhi. He died on the afternoon of March 3, 2002, at the Qingyang People's Hospital in Chengdu. The police blocked the information of Shen Lizhi's death and waited until one year later on March 3, 2003, to inform Mr. Shen's parent in Shenyang City.

Agent Tian Xinming from the Chengdu 610 Office is not only personally responsible for Shen Lizhi's death, but is also the murderer of the couple's unborn child. Ms. Luo Fang was eight months pregnant at the time of the arrest. Tian Xinming abused his power to force Luo Fang to undergo a tragic late-term abortion.

Chengdu Detention Center officials released Ms. Luo Fang on May 28, 2002, after which she sought her husband's whereabouts. Chengdu Police officials and those at the detention center concealed Mr. Shen's death. Both facilities denied having such a person in custody.

Leshan police again seized Ms. Luo, this time on December 5, 2002, and subjected her to severe abuse. She was sentenced to 12 years and is now imprisoned at the Chuanxi Women's Prison in Hongan Town, Longquan County, Sichuan Province.

In November 2003, criminal inmates at the Bingjiang Women's Prison [formerly the Chuanxi Women's Prison] carried Ms. Luo to Ward 12. According to the criminals who were assigned to monitor her, Luo Fang became disabled when she was imprisoned at the Pi County Detention Center in Chengdu. She couldn't stand on her own and had to move around with a walker. She was handcuffed and shackled for a long time. Moreover, she was subjected to frequent beatings and verbal abuse.

Luo Fang refused to participate in the daily head count, in protest of her illegal imprisonment. As a result, she had to sit outside the guards' office from early morning until after the evening meal, with no break in between.

In November 2006, the guards forbade Falun Gong practitioners to air-dry their clothes after washing them. There was no clothesline to hang up their clothes. One day, guard Li Qiongfang inspected the cell. When she saw that Luo Fang had hung her washed clothes on the bed board, she ordered her to hide the clothes, but Luo Fang refused. So Li Qiongfang threw the clothes on the floor. Ms. Luo Fang tried to protest but Li Qiongfang retaliated. Ms. Luo was handcuffed to the metal rails outside the fifth building in Ward 12, her feet barely touching the floor. She remained like this for two hours. After that, she was punished by having to stay in a small confinement cell for another week.

On July 8, 2004, the United Nations Special Rapporteur on human rights and the Special Rapporteur of the Commission on Human Rights on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions jointly sent an urgent appeal to the Chinese government, specifically mentioning the persecution of Mr. Shen Lizhi and Ms. Luo Fang.

2. Ms. Chen Yumei and Mr. Chen Hui

Ms. Chen Yumei, 48, from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province was arrested on July 3, 2008, at about 7:30 p.m., shortly after she went out near her home on Pangjiang Street. Changan Police Station officers from the Dadong District in Shenyang City beat her into a coma. At around 9:20 p.m., officers from the Changan Police Station came to the Chens' home and claimed that Chen Yumei had fainted and was in the "120" ambulance outside. They requested that the family member check the patient's identity. Chen Yumei later died at the No. 463 Air Force Hospital on July 4, 2008.

During the time that the family members took the injured Chen Yumei to the No. 463 Air Force Hospital, police officers surrounded Chen Yumei's home and stopped anyone who came and went. They ransacked the home and confiscated some of the family's belongings, including a notebook computer, a DVD player and several thousand yuan in cash.

Returning from the funeral on the morning of July 6, 2008, the relatives and friends didn't even have time to have a short break when police arrived to arrest Chen Yumei's husband Mr. Chen Hui. The relatives and friends asked, "What law did he violate to be arrested? Do you have an arrest warrant?" The police said nothing and left.

On July 11, a community staff member stopped by and said that the local police station had ordered Chen Yumei's husband, daughter and son-in-law to move out, that they were not allowed to live there. On July 12, 2008, Changan Police Station Chief Li said that he would arrest Chen Yumei's son-in-law.

Chen Yumei's family went to the Changan Police Station to inquire about the cause of Chen Yumei's death. Police Chief Li told the family, "It was not a traffic accident, but it happened in the Jiangdong District."

Ms. Chen Yumei and her husband Chen Hui lived in the No. 223 Wanquan Community on Pangjiang Street, the Dadong District. The couple managed a grocery store and a parking garage for a living. Chen Yumei was very honest and kind as a result of cultivating in Falun Dafa, but was subjected to constant persecution. Around 2002, local agents arrested Chen Yumei and sent her to a brainwashing center. She protested with a hunger strike and was released. Chen Hui was also sent to a forced labor camp.

Changan Police Station in Shenyang, Liaoning Province:
Wang Naiqing, head: 86-13842005586 (Cell); Xu Yuyuan, deputy head; Li Xiaojun, political head: 86-24-81960222

3. Mr. Zhang Ke and Ms. Wang Fenghuan

In March 2007, Mr. Zhang Ke and Ms. Wang Fenghuan from Shenyang were arrested. Participating in the arrest were agents from the Tiexi District 610 Office, the Tiexi National Security Division, and the 12th Street Police Station.

Mr. Zhang Ke was a technology expert at the Shenyang Machine Tools and Board Welding Factory. He was also the model worker for the city, yet he was sentenced to seven years and detained at Panjin Prison because he practiced Falun Gong.

On April 1 and April 3, 2008, guards led by Division Head Zhang Guolin used high-voltage electric batons to shock Falun Gong practitioners' sensitive parts. Zhang Ke protested the illegal imprisonment and torture. In retaliation, the guards beat and shocked him for a long time, which led to Zhang Ke sustaining heavy bruising and injuries.

Panjin Prison officials violently tried to force practitioners to give up their beliefs. Some practitioners were forced to sit on the tiger bench, and others were subjected to long-term electric shocks and violent beatings. The prison guards appointed several criminal inmates to closely monitor Falun Gong practitioners. No contact or talking was allowed between practitioners. In addition, practitioners were subjected to long-term brainwashing and forced labor. The prison conditions were abominable. Visiting family members were forbidden to give their loved ones any daily commodities or food. The prison officials forced the detainees to buy necessities at the high-priced canteen, as a way to make more money from the practitioners.

Zhang Ke's wife Wang Fenghuan was sentenced to three years and imprisoned at the Liaoning Province Women's Prison.

Panjin Prison First Ward Heads: Zhang Guolin, Zhang Kai, Zhang Yujun

4. Ms. Dong Yanhua and Mr. Liu

On July 8, 2008, Mr. Dong Yanhua from Shenyang went to pick up her daughter. She was suddenly seized by two plainclothes officers from the Shenhe District Police Department. They eventually transferred her to the Huanggu District Taishan Police Station and then quickly sent her to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. The local officials did not justify their reason and didn't follow any legal procedure.

Ms. Dong Yanhua used to have heart disease but recovered after she practiced Falun Gong. She was arrested in December 2001 for disseminating Falun Gong truth-clarifying information. When she was tortured her heart disease recurred. Her stomach bled from force-feeding and she also had blood in her stools. She became emaciated and could barely walk. Her life was in danger. The doctor at Dabei Prison Hospital was afraid to take responsibility should she die, so the officials released her.

In early February 2002, the couple decided to leave home to avoid additional persecution. They were both unemployed and didn't have a penny with them. They didn't tell their parents of their situation.

Later, with the help of kind people, they had 100 yuan to start. They earned money by doing heavy labor. The family went hungry from time to time. Their child got older and was about to begin school.

Before the Olympic Games, in order to achieve "security for the Olympic Games," the Chinese Communist Party illegally arrested many practitioners. Dong Yanhua was arrested on July 8, 2008, without due cause. The couple's parents are in their seventies and eighties and were distressed over their children's arrest.

Taishan Police Station: 86-24-86808152
Shenhe District Police Department: 86-24-24849109
Shenhe District Police Department's National Security Division: 86-24-24842260, Zhao Hongtao, head: 86-24-24850789 (Office), 86-13904024113 (Cell)

5. Mr. Chen Ye and Ms. Chen Lihui

At 7:20 a.m. on May 24, 2008, Mr. Chen Ye and Ms. Chen Lihui from Santaizi were arrested. The police confiscated personal property from their home including a computer and a printer. Chen Ye was imprisoned at the Sitaizi Detention Center. Chen Lihui was imprisoned at the Shenyang Detention Center. Their 9-year-old daughter was left at home alone.

Santaizi Police Station: 86-24-86616820

The stories of these five couples are just the tip of the iceberg in the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong. Similar incidents are happening throughout China, and are too numerous to count.