Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Paraplegic Practitioner Jin Chengshang is Persecuted, Robbed and Sent to Prison

March 31, 2008 |   By Jin Chengshan, a Falun Gong practitioner in Harbin City

(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Jin Chengshan and I am 50-years old. I used to work for the Hulan District Police Department. In 1996 I was involved in a traffic accident and became paraplegic. I then retired and stayed at home. I had been looking for a cure everywhere for my festering bedsore. As none of the big hospitals in the country could cure my bedsore with modern medicine, I started practicing Falun Gong. My bedsore healed miraculously soon after I started the practice and my physical condition has changed for the better in various aspects. My wife Jiao Xiaohua also started practicing Falun Gong fortunately and my family, which was on the verge of breaking up, regained vitality. Although I was disabled, my family was harmonious and happy; my whole family benefited greatly from practicing Falun Gong. Through practicing Falun Gong, I felt from the depth of my heart the significant relationship and vital meaning of the Great Law of the Universe, "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Tolerance," to every life.

Since July 20, 1999, out of their jealousy and hatred toward the great number of people who practice Falun Gong, Jiang Zemin and the evil Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong. Deputy Commissioner Jiang Jimin of Hulan District Police Department, Domestic Security Division heads Chen Zhaolin, Chang Jianghai (died of retribution) and others actively participated in this persecution. They arrested more than 200 practitioners and heavily sentenced them either to imprisonment or to forced labor camps. Their persecution resulted in the deaths of four practitioners, including Ren Pengwu, Zhang Xuewen, Sun Yuhua and Yu Huaicai, and caused more than one hundred originally happy families to be broken up and decimated, simply because they believed in Truthfulness-Benevolence-Tolerance and wanted to be good people. Dozens of practitioners as well as their family members were forced into destitution and homelessness; they lost their jobs and family. At the same time, these police officers made use of the persecution to collect money for themselves.

Looking at what they had done I felt pain in my heart. I had worked with Jiang Jimin, Chen Zhaolin, Chang Jianghai and other people before. With good intentions I wrote to them, phoned them and talked to them face to face; I explained the truth to them and advised them not to follow Jiang Zemin and his gang to persecute Falun Gong, not to follow the CCP to do evil and not to harm others as well as themselves. However, instead of stopping their evil actions, Jiang Jimin and Chen Zhaolin made arrangements to monitor my telephone for many years and to follow and monitor my family many times.

On the afternoon of March 10, 2005, instigated by Jiang Jimin and Chen Zhaolin, more than 20 policemen opened my door with a master key and illegally broke into my home. Four young strong policemen cruelly cuffed me and forced me onto a chair; they almost killed me. They also held my wife Jiao Xiaohua down in the bathroom and cuffed her. The rest of them started stealing; they pried open my family's cabinets and boxes and took away personal property worth more than 50,000 yuan. After the robbery, they sent more than 20 policemen to monitor my family continuously for four days.

With my wife's help I went to the police division and looked for the Commissioner to ask for the return of my personal belongings. This caused enormous echoes in Hulan District Police Department and exposed the crimes of Jiang Jimin, Chen Zhaolin and other people who took advantage of the persecution and illegally extorted other people's property for themselves.

In retaliation, Jiang Jimin, Chen Zhaolin and others used the excuse of returning the money to my family and tricking us into opening the door; they cuffed my hands behind my back and arrested me and took me to Harbin City No.4 Detention Center (also the Police Hospital)They also arrested my wife and took her to Harbin City No.2 Detention Center.

Because I am seriously handicapped patient and cannot take care of myself, the No.4 detention center refused to detain me according to detention rules. The Hulan District Police Department then talked to the City Police Department, and the City Police Department chief ordered the No.4 detention center to detain me. Because there was no nursing personnel to help me, I could not have a bowel movement for nine days and suffered extreme pain. The bedsores on my hips, buttocks and back all festered with running fluid, blood and oozing pus; it smelled terrible.

Under instructions from the district police department, the Hulan District Court sentenced me to five years in prison and sentenced my wife Jiao Xiaohua to three years. Nine days later they carried me to the training unit of Hulan Prison to serve the sentence.

Because of the damp conditions in the training unit and because the inmate nurse did not arrive in time, the bedsore on my body became more serious. Five bedsores festered deeply and I could not sleep; I could only lie on my stomach in one position 24 hours a day. The training unit then carried me to Hulan Prison Hospital. For more than nine months, I suffered extreme pain lying prone.

For a seriously handicapped person who cannot take care of himself, who is unable to walk and with no feeling below the chest , and who needs help to urinate, to have bowel movements and to survive, how can he survive in the evil CCP's prison?

Now I am still imprisoned. I am spending each day trying to survive amidst extremely painful suffering.

March 2, 2008 in Hulan Prison Hospital

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/4/4/84195.html