Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Li Li Recovers from Brain Tumor, Then Is Persecuted to Death by the CCP

February 04, 2008 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Beijing

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Li Li was from Lishu County, Jilin Province. In January 2001, Ms. Li went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of the good name of Falun Gong. She was illegally arrested in August. She was then detained in the Fangshan Detention Center in Beijing. After six months of brutal torture, Ms. Li died on February 1, 2002.

Li Li, 35, was a cashier for a road construction project in Lishu County, Jilin Province. She had a brain tumor in 1991, which was a big burden for her family. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1996, and her illness disappeared. After the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, Ms. Li went to Beijing many times to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. She went to Beijing in 1999 and was sentenced to forced labor. She was treated inhumanely in the forced labor camp.

In 2002, she tried to escape the harassment of 610 Office agents and went to Beijing to continue to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. On July 4, 2001, someone reported her to the police. As a result, she was arrested and detained in Fangshan Detention Center. In August, 2001, agents from the 610 Office of the Fangshan District transferred her to the Fangshan District Brainwashing Center, where she was tortured. In October 2001, she went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. The guards brutally force fed her. The guards often beat her, and she had to be sent to the hospital for emergency treatment.

In December 2001, Ms. Li was transferred from the Police Station Hospital to be tried in a Fangshan Court. She was emaciated and had to receive an infusion. She was sentenced to seven years in prison.

According to detention center employees, she was later detained in a room at a restaurant, where six "staff members" tried to force her to give up her belief in Falun Gong. She was brutally beaten.

Ms. Li Li passed away on February 1, 2002.

Relevant persons involved in her persecution and death:

Head of Fangshan Police Station Xu Wenliang: 86-1089337424
Preliminary hearing officers Li Chunlong: 86-13901148260