Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Additional Information Regarding Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Chengjun, Who Was Persecuted to Death in Jilin Prison

February 13, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Chengjun was from Nongan County, Jilin Province. On March 5, 2002, he went with fellow practitioners to broadcast facts about Falun Gong and the persecution on Changchun and Songyun TV stations. He was arrested and sentenced to nineteen years in prison and was held in Jilin Prison. He was subjected to all sorts of torture and passed away at 4:30 a.m. on December 26, 2003. He was only 32 years old. In order to cover up the criminal act, the prison authorities cremated his body at 10:40 a.m. that morning without his family's consent.

The following is additional information regarding Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Chengjun and his death resulting from persecution.

In the winter of 2002, Mr. Liu Chengjun was sent to Jilin Prison, No. 1 Group, Room 12, which was overseen by police officer Chen Xin. When Liu Chengjun limped through the door of Room 12, several thugs who were accustomed to persecuting Dafa practitioners were delighted, "Here comes a big guy who can handle the beating." When Liu Chengjun came into the room, they immediate asked him whether he would still practice Falun Dafa and whether he would write a guarantee statement promising not to practice. Liu Chengjun replied, "I will still practice Falun Dafa, and I will not write a guarantee statement."

Several thugs picked up a wooden plank and began to beat Mr. Liu. The plank was about 3-5 centimeters (1-2 in.) of thick hardwood. Liu Chengjun was not able to get up for several days after the beating. The thugs forced him to sit up in front of his bed from 4:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., only allowing him a few trips to the bathroom and 10 minutes for each meal.

In order to stop the persecution, Liu Chengjun began a hunger strike. In November 2003, after being on a hunger strike for ten days, he was in critical condition and sent to the prison hospital. He was released after ten days and then sent directly to solitary confinement for intensified persecution.

Several days later, an inmate reported that Liu Chengjun had passed away in solitary confinement. In order to cover up his death as the result of persecution, the prison authorities claimed that Liu died in the hospital.

Related article: