Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Persecution of Practitioners in Guan County, Shandong Province - Three Practitioners Dead

December 08, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Guo Dongqi Mr. Guo Dongqi, 64, is the former political head of Guozhanggu Village, Dianzi Township, Guan County of Shandong Province. He started to practice Falun Dafa in 1996. In October 2000, because he went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, he was illegally arrested and detained in Guan County Detention Center for more than one month. He was then sent to a brainwashing center. After he became severely ill, his family was allowed to take him back home. In May or June of 2001, because he organized an experience sharing meeting, the police wanted to arrest him. He had to leave home. The local police never stopped searching for him and his family members, including his young daughter and relatives who were all implicated (being detained, tortured or having money extorted from them). Under such persecution, Mr. Guo Dongqi passed away in April 2003. After he died, police arrested his second oldest son (who was not a practitioner). He was later released after a large amount of money was extorted from him.

Mr. Zhang Yanxun

Mr. Zhang Yanxun, over 50 years old, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Xiangyi Village, Yanzhuang Township. On March 1, 2000, he was illegally arrested and detained in the township police station. On March 4, he was sent to the county detention center where he suffered brutal torture. The inmates forced him to bend over and jump like a frog. They beat him if he was unable to jump. He was tortured to the edge of death. However, he was kept in detention until he was dying. His son Zhang Jie was then allowed to take his father to a hospital. Zhang Yanxun died painfully on June 1, 2000.

Ms. Xu Jiling

Ms. Xu Jiling had been the director of Quan County Women's Federation and later the director of Quan County Environmental Protection Bureau. She received awards many times for her excellent work. In October 2000, because she went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, she was illegally detained and subsequently sentenced to three years of forced labor. Her work unit also stopped paying her salary. Because of her high blood pressure, she was allowed to be bailed out for medical treatment. Her home was ransacked several times and she was harassed and was under surveillance. Because money had been extorted from her, and she had no income and carried the family burden, she had to sell her house and live with her younger sister. On March 4, 2004, police went to the small room where she lived to take her to the labor camp. Her sister tried to reason with them, and then the sister was also arrested. Later, because she was in a deep coma, Xu Jiling was sent to the county hospital. She was still closely monitored during her stay in the hospital. Xu Jiling died at the end of April 2004.

Mr. Li Deli

Mr. Li Deli is a practitioner in Quan County. Around 9:00 p.m. on September 21, 2007, he was riding a motorcycle and was arrested in Guantao County of Hebei Province. He was detained in Guantao County Detention Center. His wife and son went to visit him three times but were not allowed to see him. On October 13, his over 70-year-old mother and his son went to visit him again. The police told them to return in a few days. After his mother persisted, the police finally told her that her son was sent to Handan Forced Labor Camp in Hebei Province two days before. They showed her the sentence statement and forced her to sign it.

Mr. Feng Xuehui

On April 8, 2005, practitioner Feng Xuehui was arrested by officers of Lanao Team, Criminal Division of Guan County Police Department. Police took away his copy machine and other personal property. The team head, Kong Weiping, brutally tortured him. Now, his fingers still show the burn marks from the torture. Police even took his mother to the criminal division to witness her son being tortured. Mr. Feng was sentenced to forced labor and is currently detained in the No. 2 Men's Forced Labor Camp of Shandong Province.

Mr. Ren Zijing

Mr. Ren Zijing was sentenced to one-and-a-half years forced labor in October 2005. In the labor camp, he suffered brainwashing and torture. He was deprived of sleep, forced to sit on a small stool for long periods, scolded, beaten and forced to endure long-term force-feeding. The tube used for force-feeding was left in his stomach for days and disintegrated in his stomach, which caused him to suffer a lot and vomit. Because of the long-term persecution in the labor camp, he became a skeleton and was dying. He was then sent back home.

Ms. Sun Xiuying

Ms. Sun Xiuying is a practitioner in Qingsui Town. Because she went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa in October 2000, she was arrested and detained in Quan County Prison. After she was released in January 2001, she was then sent to a forced brainwashing session that was organized by the county 610 Office. Before the Chinese New Year, Sun Xiuying was allowed to take a leave to to see her parents and her child at home. However, officers from the Qingsui Town government ransacked her home. She was arrested and detained in the town government office. Practitioner Lu Jingzhi was arrested at the same time. Lu Jingzhi's home had been ransacked a long time ago, and her husband was sentenced to forced labor. The officers also took 2,700 yuan that belonged to her children.

Because she remained steadfast in cultivation, Sun Xueying suffered brutal beatings by scoundrels led by the town political head, Li Baolin. Li viciously slapped her in the face. He ordered others to hold her down on the floor and beat her buttocks with a hard rubber baton. Sun Xueying was not allowed to sleep or eat. If she fell asleep, they would beat her. Sun was tortured for one whole day and night. The next day, she was sent to the brainwashing center again, where she was beaten so badly that it was hard to recognize her face. For more than ten days, she couldn't sleep on her back, and the swelling on her face lasted more than half a month. When Sun Xueying suffered the brutal beating, the politic head, Li Baolin, also gathered 78 people in the town who practiced Falun Gong. They were not allowed to go home or eat. The scoundrels tried to force them to slander Master and Dafa. If they refused, they were beaten; many people sustained bloody noses and swollen faces. Four hundred yuan was extorted from each of them.

Sun Xueying was detained in the brainwashing center for four months. After going on a hunger strike for four days, she was sent back to the town government. Sa Yuanfeng tried to force Sun Xueying to slander Master and Dafa. She refused to do so, so they cuffed her hands to a pole and beat her hands, back and buttocks with rubber batons until she lost consciousness.

November 22, 2007