Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Summary of the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Weihai City, Shandong Province

November 30, 2007 |   By a practitioner in Weihai City, Shandong Province
(Clearwisdom.net) I. Practitioners Who Have Been Persecuted to Death

1. The Clearwisdom website reported on August 20, 2004 on Mr. Wang Qingzhou, 57 years old, who lived in Laigou Village, Xunshan Town in Rongcheng, Weihai City. He began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997 and went to the local government to clarify the truth after the persecution of Falun Dafa began in 1999. He was detained in a custody center and sent to a brainwashing center. In 2003, he was again arrested and sent to the brainwashing center. Mr. Wang was later sent to a detention center where he was tortured before being released in May 2003 of the Chinese lunar calendar. Mr. Wang died three months later.


2. Practitioner Liang Zhoungbin of Weihai City was sentenced to three years of forced labor. After his daughter, Ms. Liang Hongguang, died as a result of persecution, the family was constantly harassed and kept from doing the Falun Dafa exercises and studying the teachings. As a result, Mr. Liang's old illness reappeared and he died on August 31, 2004.


3. Ms. Liang Hongguang, 42 years old and a practitioner, worked on the first floor of Jixing Market in Rongcheng City, Shandong Province. She was recognized with the "Outstanding Service Person" award several years in a row. She was highly praised among her colleagues, friends, supervisors, and family members. Around 7:00 a. m. on February 27, 2003, as she was preparing to leave for work, two policemen from the Rongcheng City Police Department went to her home and tried to arrest her without any warrant or legal procedures. Ms. Liang didn't want to cooperate and tried to escape through the restroom window. Unfortunately, she was injured in the process and she died two hours later.


4. Mr. Bi Guohua, 64 years old, who lived in Beiche Village, Shidao Town, Rongcheng, Weihai City, was beaten to death by local police. Around 7:00 a.m. on June 4, 2004, while Mr. Bi, a practitioner, was home alone, Rongcheng 610 Office personnel and seven policemen came to make an arrest at his house. They violently beat him up, causing him to suffer multiple injuries. Mr. Bi died on the way to the hospital.


5. Ms. Tian Li from Weihai City died on February 21, 2005, after enduring about three years of total paralysis resulting from the torture she was subjected to at the hands of 610 Office head Liu Jie. Ms. Tian, a practitioner, was arrested on May 22, 2002, by Liu Jie and others from the Huancui District 610 Office of Weihai City and tortured until she became paralyzed at the Gaoqu Detention Center in Weihai City.


6. Ms. Liu Caiying, 48 years old, lived in Liuguantun Village, Poyu Town, Weihai City. She was arrested when she was posting Falun Dafa banners and detained by the local 610 Office. She went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was handcuffed outdoors onto an iron chair. Suffering from hunger and cold, she developed bloody blisters on her buttocks. Eventually she became emaciated. She often vomited blood due to brutal force-feeding. Since her stomach was damaged by force-feeding, she could not eat anything after she returned home. She was sent to the hospital by her family, but it was too late. She passed away on October 5, 2003.


II. Practitioners Illegally Sentenced to Imprisonment or Forced Labor

1. Ms. Lu Guilin, who had successfully transmitted cable television broadcasts clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa to different areas of Weihai City, was sentenced to 19 years of forced labor.

Ms. Lu, 42 years old, from Jiangjiazhai Village, Weihai City, was sentenced of 19 years of forced labor in January 2003. She went on a hunger strike for nearly five months to protest, which caused her to come close to death. She was released on probation.


2. When a factory manager was arrested for his belief, the employees that came to his defense were attacked and detained.

Mr. Tian Shihong, the manager of Wall Hangings Factory in Wendeng City, Shandong Province, was illegally arrested by local police and 610 Office agents on July 6 for practicing Falun Dafa. Over 60 workers in the factory strongly opposed this act. The employees attempted to remove the handcuffs from this good person's hands, but the police attacked the workers brutally. Many workers were injured and some were even beaten until they lost consciousness. Later on, the employees went to the Appeals Office of Wendeng City to rescue their manager, but the head of the police department and the secretary of the politics and law committee dispersed them with force. Ten workers were illegally detained and Mr. Tian Shihong was sentenced to three years of forced labor.


3. Ms. Shao Xixiang from Zhoujia Village, Zeku Town, Wendeng, Weihai City was sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City, Shandong Province, in 2005. She has been tortured there for her steadfast belief in Falun Dafa, and her health has deteriorated.


4. On September 30, 2005, Ms. Zhao Meiling from the Huancui District in Weihai City was taken to the second ward of the Wangcun Women's Labor Camp by officials from the local 610 Office. She was constantly tortured mentally and physically by the guards because she refused to give up practicing Falun Dafa. Liu Jie, head of the local 610 Office, and Liu Jinhu illegally searched her home and took away her personal property worth 20,000 yuan.


5. Mr. Hu Yongjian and his wife, Ms. Tang Yunli, are from the Sixth Village, Chengshanwei Town, Rongcheng City, Shandong Province. They have a ten-year-old son, Tianniu. In the morning on February 22, 2006, because of a report from Yu Jianxiu, the CCP secretary of the Sixth Village, six or seven policemen, led by 610 Office agent Xing Jianping, broke into their home and arrested Ms. Tang. They confiscated about 3,000 yuan. Ms. Tang was detained at Rongcheng Detention Center and taken to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City on March 22. Early in the morning on October 16, staff from Rongcheng 610 Office and Chengshanwei Town police arrested Mr. Hu. His son, who had already lost his mother, held onto his father's legs and would not let go. Police officers grabbed the child and pushed him to the ground. The scene was brutal.


6. Mr. Yang Ming from the Huancui District of Weihai City is a former military officer. He was forced to leave his military position due to the persecution of Falun Dafa that started on July 20, 1999. At the end of 2001, he was sentenced to three years of forced labor because he had been clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa and exposing the persecution. On August 8, 2006, Mr. Yang was arrested again by the police led by Liu Jinhu. His home was searched and his personal belongings, including a laptop computer, were taken away. He was sentenced to forced labor again.


7. On May 30, 2006, Ms. Yao Shuyun was arrested when she was clarifying the truth to people in Zhang Village, Weihai City, and her home was later searched. Ms. Li Guangzhen was arrested at home on June 9, and her home was searched as well. Currently the two practitioners are being held at the Weihai City Detention Center. Ms. He Shuxia was arrested on April 30, and not long after that Liu Jie and Liu Jinhu quickly managed to have her sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor. They took her to Wangcun Women's Forced Labor Camp.

8. On August 30, 2006, Ms. Song Xiumei was arrested from her home in Rushan, Weihai City. Her laptop computer and printer were taken away by the police.

9. Ms. Liu Dan, 30 years old, was a resident of the Huancui District, Weihai City. On April 18, 2007, when she was clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa and distributing materials to people in the Huangguan neighborhood in the Jing District of Weihai City, she was reported to the police by someone who had been thoroughly brainwashed by the CCP's lies. Officers from the Huangguan Police Station arrested her and took her to the Weihai Detention Center. Ms. Liu was sentenced to two years of forced labor and taken to Wangcun Women's Forced Labor Camp on April 30.

10. On May 10, 2007, Ms. Huang Guifen from Rongcheng, Weihai City, was arrested. Because she was steadfast in her belief, she was sentenced to two years of forced labor and sent to Wangcun Women's Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province.

III. Practitioners Who Have Been Arrested and Detained

1. Ms. Ju Renlan, from Rushan, Weihai City, was abducted by a group of anonymous hooligans when she was home alone on the morning of August 23, 2006. No further information about her has been heard. Deng Xinxiao, a lecturer at the Chinese Communist Party School of Rushan, was recently arrested.

2. Early in the morning on November 16, 2006, staff of Rongcheng 610 Office and policemen from the State Security Group, Madao Town Police Station, Chengshanwei Town Police Station, and Longxu Police Station made a special point of arresting the following practitioners in their territories: Mr. Liu Xiaodan and his wife, Ms. Bi Shihong from Nanmadao Village of Madao Town; Wang Fengying from Gongjia Village of Chengshanwei Town; Hu Yongjian from the Sixth Village; Qu Yinghua from the Fifth Village; Wang Ling, Wang Xiucui, Tian Qinghua, and Sun Shuqin from Hekou Village of Longxu; and Wang Shulian from Dashijiapo Village.

3. On February 8, 2007, Mr. Sun Chun and Ms. Liu Xinling from Shangkuang Village, Wanglian Town of Rongcheng went to visit Xujia Village at Maling to clarify the truth. Xu Xiuquan; his wife, Liu Xiulan; and another villager who didn't know the truth reported the practitoners to the authorities. After four policemen from the Wanglian Police Station arrested the two practitioners, the director of the Women's Association of the village, Li Aiming, led four policemen, including Liu Changsong and Wang Zhiqiang, to raid Mr. Sun's and Ms. Liu's homes. Although they didn't find anything, they sent Mr. Sun and Ms. Liu to the Rongcheng Detention Center that same afternoon.


4. On April 23, 2007, Ms. Lian Qingling and her husband, a non-practitioner, from Houjia Town, Wendeng City, Weihai, were arrested by officers from the State Security Group of Wendeng City and Houjia Town Police Station. Their lands went out of cultivation.

5. Two practitioner sisters were persecuted for their belief by the police in Rushan City, Weihai City.

Ms. Feng Xilan was sentenced to nine years of imprisonment by the 610 Office of Rushan City and the State Security Group. The police attempted to brainwash her with force. In February 2007, she was sent to the Shandong Provincial Women's Prison, where she was diagnosed with a tumor in her uterus, so prison officials sent her back to the Rushan Detention Center. The detention center refused to release her, even as her health declined.

When Ms. Feng Xilan was near death, her sister, Feng Xisong, went to the detention center, the court, and the local CCP Politics and Law Committee to clarify the truth and ask them to release Feng Xilan. Feng Xilan wasn't released until early April. Then, in mid-April, Wang Jinlu and others from Rushan State Security arrested Ms. Feng Xisong and sentenced her to two years of forced labor.


6. In 2007, Gao Jinzhi and Sun Jingqin, employees of Nigouxi Canned Food Factory in Fengjia Town, Rushan City, Weihai City, were arrested by Wang Shaochun, the head of the Fengjia Town Police Station, Song Xijie, and the Rushan Crime Police Group. The two practitioners were sentenced to three years of forced labor.

7. On July 5, 2007, Ms. Chu Fuqin, 40 years old, and her mother, Ms. Shao Yanyuan, 64 years old, both from Weihai City, were reported to the police while they were clarifying the truth to people near the Harbin Institute of Technology in the Hi-Tech Development Area of Weihai. They were arrested by policemen from Longshan Police Station.

8. Du Shuqin from Houjia Town, Wendeng City, Weihai City, was arrested by the officers from the Wendeng Station Security Group and Houjia Town Police Station on the afternoon of May 14, 2007.

9. Around 10 a.m. on May 15, 2007, Xu Fengyan, the security director of the Anjia Village, Rushankou Town, Rushan, Weihai City, and three plainclothes agents from the Rushan State Security Bureau broke into the convenience store run by practitioner Mr. An Shige. Without any warrants, they searched for Mr. An's Dafa books and tried to force him to lead them to his home so that they could search it, too. An Shige refused to, and they arrested him.

10. Around 8 p.m. on March 3, 2005, Ms. Jiang Cui from Weihai City was arrested at her rented house in Huaiyin Village of the Hi-Tech Development Area of Weihai by the village women's director, village security guards, and local police. She was sent to the Shandong No. 2 Women's Prison in Wangcun, Zibo City. She wasn't allowed to sleep, shower, change into clean clothes, go to the bathroom, etc. She wasn't allowed to sleep for more than three months. Ms. Jiang refused to be "transformed" and shouted, "Falun Dafa is good" in public. The wardens sealed her mouth with tape, took her to the confinement cell, and hung her up for days and nights. At night, mosquitoes and insects bit her all over. She was tortured until she lost feeling in her arms and legs and was close to death.


11. On August 2, 2007, a plainclothes police officer from the Chengli Police Station in Huangcui District, Weihai City, reported Ms. Tao Xueling when she was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa in the neighborhood. Staff from the 610 Office of the Huancui District arrested Ms. Tao and took her to the Weihai Detention Center. Police officer Liu Jinhu illegally searched her home but found nothing. On August 27, 2007, when her daughter went to the 610 Office and demanded her mother's release, police officer Liu Jie told her that Ms. Tao was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor and taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. However, he didn't show her any sentencing documents of or anything documenting legal procedures.


12. On October 11, 2007, Wang Ling and Wang Hongfeng from Hekou Village, Chengshanwei Town, Rongcheng City, Weihai City, visited another practitioner, Wang Lihua, in Zhangjiazhu Village, Shidao, Rongcheng City. Xing Jianping and other policemen from Rongcheng City 610 Office, along with Wang Lihua and Bi Jiankai, arrested the three. They are currently in the Rongcheng Detention Center.

13. In early August 2007, Ms. Sun Shoufen, 67 years old from Weihai City, was seized and mistreated when she was telling people in public how she had benefited from practicing Falun Dafa. She almost lost her eyesight. Later she was arrested and detained in the Weihai City Detention Center. This is the third time for her to be detained.


14. Around 3 p.m. on September 19, 2007, several police officers from the 610 Office in Weihai City, raided 69-year-old Mr. Jiang Zhennan's home. Mr. Jiang's whereabouts have been unknown since then. Mr. Jiang was born in Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province. Before retirement, he was deputy general manager and chief engineer in the Weihai Textile Group and the director-general of the Weihai Textile Engineer Society. Mr. Jiang made a significant contribution to the development of the textile industry in Weihai City. Since September 2005, the Weihai 610 Office has hired a hooligan to watch Mr. Jiang and his home to keep him under constant surveillance. During the Chinese Communist Party's so-called sensitive periods, police and the neighborhood committee have called and harassed Mr. Jiang. In June, 2007, the Beigou Police Station in Weihai City set up two surveillance cameras on each side of Mr. Jiang's apartment building to monitor him.


15 Zhang Guodong from the Hi-Tech Development Area of Weihai City was arrested around 5 p.m. on October 11 and held in the Weihai Detention Center. That same day, Jiao Guichun's home was raided, which forced Mr. Jiao Guichun to become homeless. Jiao Guichun's whereabouts have been unknown since then.

16. Around 5 p.m. on October 11, 2007, when Mr. Tong Huanxiang from Weihai City, his wife, and their daughter were leaving their friend's home on the beach, a group of plainclothes policemen and armed policemen arrested them and took them to the police station in the Hi-Tech Development Area of Weihai City. The seven-year-old was so scared she couldn't stop crying. Mr. Tong was detained in the office of External Affairs Department, while his wife and daughter were locked in the office of the Patrol Department. The daughter was so scared that she had to go to the bathroom many times. The police took away their handbags and everything in them including their keys. Later, without informing the couple, the police used the keys to get into their offices and home, and took away two desktop computers, one laptop computer, and 50,000 cash, which was the tuition fees for Tong Huanxiang's school. Their car was taken away, too. Without following any legal procedures, authorities took Mr. Tong to the Weihai Detention Center. His wife, Guo Ying, and their daughter weren't released until midnight. When they left, they were given only one key to their home out of their belongings that had been taken. Mr. Tong Huanxiang is still in the detention center.

17. Mr. Dong Xu from Weihai City was arrested by officers from Dataojia Police Station on October 30, and his whereabouts have been unknown ever since. Many practitioners have been arrested lately.