Additional Persecution News from China - August 31, 2006 (8 Reports)
- [Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Lianbo Arrested at Home
- [Dengta City, Liaoning Province] Three Practitioners Arrested for Tapping into TV Network to Broadcast Truth-Clarifying Video in Dahenan Township
- [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Kong Xiangjian Tortured to the Brink of Mental Collapse
- [Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province] Practitioner Ms. Gu Modi and Another Practitioner Illegally Held in the Wuxi City Brainwashing Center for an Extended Period of Time
- [Yinan County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mr. Liu Chengji and His Wife Being Tortured
- [Wucheng County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Bingqin Illegally Arrested
- [Hulin City, Heilongjiang Province] Many Practitioners Arrested by Police Department and State Security Division
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Ms. Zheng Fengxiang's Home Ransacked
1. [Suihua City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Lianbo Arrested at Home
At about 1:30 p.m. on August 29, 2006, three police officers broke into practitioner Ms. Liu Lianbo's home and arrested her without any reason nor via any legal procedures.
Ms. Liu Lianbo is the eldest daughter of practitioner Ms. Liu Xiwen, who was tortured to death in 2002.
Phone numbers of personnel relevant to the case:
CCP Secretary of the City Committee, Hu Shiying (male): 86-455-8320128, 86-455-8100001 (Office)
Mayor Yu Shayan (female): 86-455-8258566, 86-455-8100003 (Office)
Zip code: 152000
2. [Dengta City, Liaoning Province] Three Practitioners Arrested for Tapping Into TV Network to Broadcast Truth-Clarifying Video in Dahenan Township
It was reported that on the evening of August 26, 2006, Falun Dafa truth-clarification videos were broadcast on television near Zhouguan Village, Dahenan Township of Dengta City. On August 27, 2006, the Dengta City Police Department of Liaoning Province searched the homes of Falun Dafa practitioners in Dengta City and Dengta Town. They also forced those practitioners at home to be fingerprinted. By the time this news was sent, three practitioners from Dengta City had already been arrested. One practitioner is being illegally held by the Dengta City Police Department and the family members are being extorted for one thousand yuan for the release of the practitioner.
3. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Kong Xiangjian Tortured to the Brink of Mental Collapse
Practitioner Ms. Kong Xiangjian from Fuxin City in Liaoning Province has been held in the No. 2 Subdivision of the No. 2 Division of the Shenyang City Women's Prison. She is being subjected to both mental and physical torture. Her mental state is already becoming somewhat abnormal and she can no longer speak. Both of her hands have been punctured with needles through the bones. Her arms are also injured. She is currently very thin.
4. [Wuxi City, Jiangsu Province] Practitioner Ms. Gu Modi and Another Practitioner Illegally Held in the Wuxi City Brainwashing Center for an Extended Period of Time
610 Office of Wuxi City: 86-510-82701610
Chief of the brainwashing center, Wang Jiang (male): 86-510-85069622
5. [Yinan County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mr. Liu Chengji and His Wife Being Tortured
On August 23, 2006, practitioner Mr. Liu Chengji was arrested by the Andi Town Police Station of Yinan County. According to information provided by neighbors, police officers broke into his home before sunrise and arrested Mr. Liu Chengji. At 7:00 a.m. that day, police officers illegally took him to the Andi Town Police Station. The following day he was taken to the Yinan County Detention Center. Mr. Liu Chengji's home was ransacked and about two thousand yuan was confiscated. Police told his child, "The reason we arrested your father is because of your step-mother (referring to Mr. Liu Chengji's wife, practitioner Ms. Xing Ximei)."
On May 25, 2006, police officers from the Andi Town Police Station suddenly broke into Mr. Liu Chengji's home. Mr. Liu's wife Ms. Xing Ximei walked away with righteous thoughts. Police confiscated a television set, VCR, 120 yuan, Master Li's photo, Falun Dafa books, as well as a tape recorder. Ms. Xing Ximei was forced to leave home to avoid being arrested, and her whereabouts are unknown.
6. [Wucheng County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Liu Bingqin Illegally Arrested
At about 2:30 p.m. on August 28, 2006, several police officers from the Wucheng County Police Department in Shandong Province and from the local 610 Office illegally broke into the clothing store managed by practitioners Ms. Liu Bingqin and her husband, and found a package of Falun Dafa bookmark-like cards during the search. Police officers dragged Ms. Liu's husband into the police car and drove to their home, which was then ransacked. They then forcibly took Ms. Liu Bingqin to the Wucheng County Detention Center, where she is being tortured.
Ms. Liu Bingqin and her husband were dismissed from their workplace a few years ago, and have been making a living by selling clothes. They have elderly parents and young children to take care of. Now they can no longer maintain the clothing business and there is no one to take care of their home.
7. [Hulin City, Heilongjiang Province] Many Practitioners Arrested by Police Department and State Security Division
On July 28, 2006, practitioner Mr. Mao Dexing was arrested by the Xiji City "610 Office" and the Xiji City State Security Division. The next morning, practitioner Mr. Ye Zhenghui was also arrested. At the same time, police from the Hulin City Police Department broke into the Zhenbaodao Pharmaceutical Company in an attempt to arrest practitioner Mr. Ma Lijun. He was not there, so they illegally held his younger brother for twenty hours. On August 10, 2006, police from the Jixi City State Security Division again broke into the home of practitioner Ms. Han Fenglian, who belonged to the 8562 Military Group, and forcibly took her away. Her home was also ransacked.
CCP secretary of the Hulin City, Ju Lianxiang (female): 86-467-5889333, 86-13836525511 (Cell)
610 Office, Wang Bingyan: 86-13115460088 (Cell)
8. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Ms. Zheng Fengxiang's Home Ransacked
At about 9:30 p.m. on July 14, 2006, seven or eight police officers from Changjianglu Police Station of Jiangnan District, Jilin City broke into practitioner Ms. Zheng Fengxiang's home. Without showing a search warrant or following any legal procedures, they forcibly took away private property (computers, VCDs, three cellphones, and more than eight thousand yuan in cash). This property is still being kept by the police officers, who are physically abusing Ms. Zheng Fengxiang.
Changjianglu Police Station phone: 86-432-4682110, 86-432-4681269
Director, Sun Long (male)
Deputy director, Wang Hongwei (male) and Luo Yongfeng (male)
Instructor, Wu Mincheng (male)