Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Cruel Torture and Agonizing Death of Hao Yingqiang (Photos)

August 22, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) "When I was taken from the interrogation room, I saw that a large patch on the cement floor was stained with my blood. My blood had spilled onto the floor, splattered the wall, the desk and the chairs. My clothes were glued to my entire body because of the bleeding. I was injured and blood was everywhere..." -- Hao Yingqiang, a Falun Gong practitioner from Yanji City, Jilin Province.

Falun Gong practitioner Hao Yingqiang from Yanji City, Jilin Province

(Mr. Hao was tortured to death on June 8, 2006)

Hao Yingqiang was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Yanji City, Jilin Province. Because he refused to renounce his belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance," he was arrested and savagely beaten by the authorities numerous times. They also extorted money from him. He was beaten so inhumanly that he lost consciousness frequently. Later, Mr. Hao was secretly sentenced to eight years in prison. The depraved guards at Jilin Prison tortured him cruelly. Hao Yingqing suffered abnormal accumulation of fluid in the abdomen from late-stage diffused inflammation of the liver, swollen lymph nodes, and fluid in the lungs as a result of the torture. His entire body was swollen, and his abdominal area was extended. His left cheekbone was fractured and he lost the hearing in his right ear. He was on the verge of death.

Hao Yingqiang died in excruciating pain on June 8, 2006. His 81-year-old mother was grief-stricken. She cried terribly and hit her head on the floor. She wanted to question Xiao Bin and other evildoers in Jilin Prison: "Why did you kill my son?" All those who had witnessed the elderly lady's sorrow were heartbroken and couldn't hold back their tears.

We strongly appeal to all people upholding justice to stand up against the seven-year-long inhumane persecution of those who live by the principles "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance." In this persecution, countless cultivators have died from torture, not unlike Hao Yingqiang's suffering.

Below, Hao Yingqiang tells about the torture he suffered on the hands of evildoers of the 610 Office, and the depraved police and guards at Jilin Prison.

I. Persecuted by Staff from Public Security of Yanbian

My name is Hao Yingqiang. I am 49 years old. I was the former director of the Food and Grain Storage Warehouse security section in Yanji City, Jilin Province. In August 1996, I watched programs on CCTV and local TV station publicizing that "Falun Gong is a Great Practice." I was deeply moved by this information. I thought to myself, "What a miracle that in today's corrupt society when almost everyone indulges in material gain and cheats each other for a tiny bit of interest, such a great practice where people live by the principles 'Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance' could still exist." Because I wanted to change and become kind, I began to practice Falun Gong. Shortly after, all my illnesses, including heart disease, acute inflammation of the gallbladder and stomach ailments were cured. More importantly, my outlook on life changed and I knew how to behave as a genuinely good person. I followed the principles "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance" in everything I did.

Over the past several years, I suffered inhuman torture at the hands of the CCP regime (the Chinese Communist Party), simply because I wanted to be a good person. Since July 20, 1999, CCTV, which had formerly promoted and praised Falun Gong as a great practice, and all other media followed the CCP dictates, which was to "expose and denounce" and spread slander against Falun Gong. The brutal persecution thus began.

My work unit fired me because I persisted in practicing Falun Gong. I was also arrested and they extorted money from me many times. The evildoers and police beat me savagely and I passed out several times. I was sentenced to eight years in prison based on trumped-up charges. In Jilin Prison, the guards tortured me inhumanely. As a result, I suffered from abnormal accumulation of fluid in the abdomen from late-stage diffused inflammation of the liver, swollen lymph nodes on my back and fluid in the lungs. My entire body was swollen, especially my abdominal area. My left cheekbone was fractured and I lost the hearing in my right ear.

In 2001, I suffered physical torture by the perpetrators and the police. On January 9, 2001, Xiao Bin, the deputy director of the Politics and Security Section of the Police Station of Yanji City (now deputy brigade head), Jin Yongyi and Cui, police officers in the Politics and Security Section, illegally arrested me and took me to the Politics and Security Section on the eighth floor of the police station. In a small office, policemen Jin and Huang Wenzhe had been waiting for me. Jin physically assaulted me while screaming hysterically. Huang verbally abused me by yelling obscene words. In that small office, I endured torture and cruel beating for the first time in my life, and I also learned for the first time the price one needs to pay to "be a good person." Later, I was detained for nearly three months before I was sentenced to forced labor for one year.

During my detention, my elderly mother suffered great agony due to this tragedy. She cried day in and day out. In the end, she fell ill and her condition deteriorated by the day. My family members were very concerned about me and appealed to the respective departments almost daily. In the end, the Forced Labor Administration Committee of Yanbian, the Politics and Security Section and Legal Punishment Section of Yanbian Regional Police Department extorted over 20,000 yuan from my family and released me temporarily.

As a Falun Gong practitioner who has benefited from the practice of Falun Gong, I know Falun Gong is being wronged. We have never done anything harmful to the nation or the people. On the contrary, many people, even criminals who have committed wrong deeds, have become good people of high moral standard after practicing Falun Gong. I continued to clarify the truth to the government and the general public. I persisted in exposing the facts of the persecution.

On September 2, 2001, when I was clarifying the truth at Badao Township, Longjing City, someone reported me to police. Local police arrested me at 6:00 p.m. They stole 400 yuan and my watch, along with all my other possessions. I protested against this injustice and six policemen tortured me and beat me brutally. I clenched my teeth hard so I could endure the torture. I ached so much that I felt as if my organs were going to explode. Especially, the pain in my back was close to being unbearable. I was gradually losing consciousness, but I held onto one thought firmly: "You people can never beat me to death!"

I didn't know how long I suffered the savage beating. I couldn't move my body, not even one inch, due to severe pain. I only knew that I was still alive. I struggled to open my eyes. When noticing that I was awake, a policeman struck my head heavily with a mop handle. I immediately lost consciousness.

When I regained consciousness, I found that I was in a police van with my hands cuffed. My head and face were bleeding. My clothes were stained with a thick layer of blood and glued to my body. No one could tell the original color of my clothes. My face was extremely swollen and dark purple. The injuries were still bleeding and I kept vomiting blood. The police took me to the police station at Longjing City.

On September 3, 610 Office head Wu Jinglin of Yanbian Region and several police men came in, looking at me ferociously. Wu cast a malicious glance at my body and asked, "Are you going to confess?" I kept silent. He then transferred me to the Detention Center of Longjing City, where I suffered even worse torture during interrogation.

At the detention center, Wu Jinglin announced who he was the minute he walked in: "I am the director of the 610 Office of Yanbian Region. My duty is to break Falun Gong practitioners." Although he meant to be offensive, I described how the police had stolen my money and possessions and how they tortured me. I struggled hard to bear the excruciating pain and not to vomit blood. Before I was able to finish, he waved his hand and shouted: "You deserve it! It is not considered a crime if we steal from you or even if we kill you. It will be counted as suicide. Chairman Jiang issued a secret order. It will be useless if you try to appeal."

Then he demanded that I confess to some trumped-up charges. When I told him that I didn't commit any crime, Wu Jinlin became very angry and immediately called in five police officers. Among them were Chen Runlong and Meng (he was short and fat) from the Politics and Security Section of Police Department of Yanji City, and staff from the Politics and Security Section of the Longjing City Police Department and from the Longjing Detention Center.

The police grabbed my injured body and pulled my arms towards the back of my body very hard. When my arms made a 90-degree angle to my back, they bound my arms together with a rope and hung me up. I had injuries everywhere. All the injuries opened up. I felt excruciating pain. The pain was indescribable. It almost broke my will. I moaned in great pain. Wu Jinglin humiliated me as he enjoyed seeing my painful expressions. He asked me to kneel down in front of him and confess. I refused firmly. He ordered the police to beat me even more cruelly. Chen Runlong and Meng grabbed a chair-leg and struck my head, chest, back and abdomen. The injuries on my body broke open again and blood squirted all over. As they were beating me, the sharp edge of the chair-leg hit my joint. The pain was unbearable. Within 10 minutes, I lost consciousness again.

After I came to, I found myself in a dark cell at Longjing City Detention Center. I didn't dare move.

However, they didn't stop their torture. During the next four days and nights, I suffered brutal torture, unimaginable to a normal person. I was forced to sit on a Tiger Bench, had to suffer "riding an airplane," was shocked with high-voltage electric batons, and was beaten at the same time. My already injured body suffered further torture. I passed out over and over again. They poured cold water on me to wake me up and continued the torture and interrogation. Over 10 police officers divided themselves into several groups with three people per group and took turns beating me. They had lost any rationality and used whatever they could find to beat me. They forbade me to use the restroom, to eat, drink, or sleep. They never let up torturing me. After four days and nights' of inhumane torture, I was transferred to Yanji City Detention Center.

Illustrations of the Torture Methods that Hao Yingqiang Suffered:

Tiger Bench

"Riding An Airplane"


Hung up by handcuffs

When I was taken from the interrogation room, I saw that a large patch of the cement floor was stained with my blood. My blood had spilled all over the floor, onto the wall, desk and chairs. My clothes stuck to my entire body because of the bleeding wounds. There was blood everywhere. When arriving at the detention center, my clothes stank from the congealed blood. I didn't want to bother the inmates, so I went to the sink to wash my clothes while trying my best to bear the pain. Three large basins of clear water instantly turned red when I washed my clothes. The whole cell was soaked in the smell of blood. It took me a long time to wash my clothes.

After eight months of illegal detention, the Yanji City Court held a secret trial on May 13, 2003. The presiding judge was Li Zhe. The other judges were Fei Yunshi and Li Qingshi. Others present were Secretary Xu Jiajin and Public Prosecutor Liu Jichang. The trial was very short and to the point. At the beginning, they announced some trumped-up charges. Then, Chief Li Zhe asked me, "Do you admit your crimes?" I replied, "I didn't commit any crime." He then asked, "Are you going to continue your practice of Falun Gong?" I said, "Yes!" I was thus sentenced to eight years in prison. Li Zhe came down from his seat and said to me hypocritically, "If you admit to your crimes and agree not to practice any more, we will release you immediately."

I felt sad for such a judiciary system under China's totalitarian rule. What kind of court is this? Where is their law? What kind of judge is he?

II. Persecution at Jilin Prison

In Jilin Prison, I had to face continuous and methodic inhumane torture. A cruel guard named Meng Haijun ordered a group of criminals to torture me brutally. Criminals monitored me around the clock. They beat me, verbally abused me and tortured me. Criminals Wang Hongmin, Wang Longhe, Guo Shutie and Guo Honggang were among those who were directly involved in torturing me. They beat me cruelly almost daily.

One day, I didn't report to them before I went to the restroom. Wang Hongmin and Wang Longhe struck my head, back and two ribs violently with wooden boards and wooden chairs. My left cheekbone was broken after Wang Hongmin assaulted me. Also, my back was seriously injured. Later the injuries on my back became infected and the sores on my back became larger. I didn't know how long they beat me. They didn't stop until I passed out. Later I reported the incident to Meng Haijun. He simply smiled without much expression. On the second day, I was tortured even more cruelly. The police and the criminals are indeed one family.

Hao Yingqiang suffered abnormal accumulation of fluid in the abdomen from late-stage diffused inflammation of the liver, due to the torture

Hao Yingqiang, after being seriously injured due to torture

Policeman Meng Haijun at Jilin Prison ordered criminals Wang Hongmin, Wang Longhe and others to beat Hao Yingqiang on his head and back cruelly with wooden boards and wooden chairs. The injuries on his back became infected and the ulcerations deepened.

To help relieve the pain of abnormal accumulation of fluid, a tube was inserted into Hao Yingqiang's back to drain the excess fluid

Because of the prolonged inhumane torture, I was close to death in April 2003. I used to weigh 80 kilograms (176 pounds) and was very strong and healthy. I was reduced to a skinny "old man" who weighed less than 40 kilograms (88 pounds). However, my abdomen was extremely swollen. I looked like a pregnant woman. I was completely out of shape. Two hospitals diagnosed it as late-stage diffused inflammation of the liver, and the swelling in my abdominal area was due to the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal area from the diffused inflammation of the liver. The doctors said I had only three months to live. Only then did Jiang's followers release me on medical parole. They were afraid to accept responsibility for my death.

On my release, I was close to death, and the doctors said that I probably would live another for three months. However, Dafa gave me a new life. I not only survived, but I my health was almost fully restored. But I was disabled in several parts of my body due to the prolonged torture. I completely lost the capability to perform physical labor and I couldn't earn an income. Lack of food was my worst problem. Even so, the chief criminals responsible for all my sufferings, the police from the Politics and Security Section of Yanji City police often came to harass me. They ransacked my home, threatened me and monitored me daily. They stole a cassette player, cassettes and Dafa books. They even took away a beautifully crafted Mongolian knife, which a friend had given me.

On February 1, 2005, I exposed the torture I suffered on the Minghui/Clearwisdom website. Wu Jinglin and Xiao Bin retaliated after they found out. They colluded with Jilin Prison and issued a search warrant. They claimed that I failed to report to police on time and was "out of control" during medical parole.

I was arrested again around March 10, 2005 while visiting my detained wife, Yang Mingfang, at Jilin Province Women's Prison. The police arrested me at the Changchun Train Station and took me to Jilin Prison again. I was locked in a small cell and was persecuted.

In September 2005, I was once again in grave danger in Jilin Prison due to torture. The prison planned to release me again on medical parole. However, Xiao Bin went to the prison saying that both the local police station and 610 Office did not want to take me back. As a result, the prison wasn't able to release me on medical parole.

I then went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Twenty-eight days later, on December 20, 2005, the prison informed my family of my grave situation. With the support of two people, I had a meeting with my family.

I was the most severely tortured practitioner in Jilin Prison. I had to be carried when going to the restroom. The prison hospital said I had only two or more months to live. Due to Xiao Bin's pressure, the prison did not dare to release me earlier. By April 30, 2006, I was dying. Not wanting to take any responsibility, the prison released me despite Xiao Bin's pressure.

This is my story. I suffered such inhumane torture simply because I wanted to be a good person. Falun Gong practitioners wish to become better people by following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance." What kind of crime is that? The evil communist regime targeted a group of good people and persecuted them. We are illegally arrested and suffer brutal torture. We are detained on trumped-up charges. The Communist Party and Jiang's rogue clique colluded with each other, and thousands of Falun Gong practitioners were tortured to death (this is widely known). With the exposure of the CCP's harvesting organs from living Falun Gong practitioners, we came to know that the several thousand confirmed death cases of Falun Gong practitioners are only a small fraction of the actual number murdered. In China, the genocide is much larger and more vicious than what is already known.

(By Falun Dafa practitioner Hao Yingqiang)

Those who participated in the persecution of Hao Yingqiang (telephone area code: 433)

Wu Jinglin, head of the 610 Office of Yanbian Region, head of the Politics and Security Brigade of Police Department of Yanbian Region: 256-5275(Office), 297-0555 (Cell)
Ren Zhiqi, director of the 610 Office of Yanbian Region: 2506311, 2556280 (Home), 13894389168 (Cell)
Liu Wei, director of the 610 the Office of Yanbian Region: 2992610 (Cell)
Liu Wenzhong, deputy director of the 610 Office of Yanbian Region: 2517615, 2505900 (Home), 13904485385 (Cell)
Pu Nanzhu, former director of the 610 Office of Yanji City: 2518644, 2779805 (Home), 13844338311 (Cell)
Hu Xiaoyan, former deputy director of 610 Office of Yanji City: 2517901, 2995656
Li Dongzhu, deputy minister of police: 2516400, 2525232 (Home) 13804487858 (Cell), 2770005
Xiao Bin, Deputy Director of Politics and Security Section, police of Yanji City (now promoted to deputy head of the Politics and Security Brigade): 256-5275 (Office) 252-9030 (Home), 299-9030 (Cell)
Jin Yongyi, staff member of the Politics and Security Section, police of Yanji City: 256-5275 (Office), 299-8512 (Cell)
Chen Runlong, staff member of the Politics and Security Section, police of Yanji City
Cui, staff member of the Politics and Security Section, police of Yanji City
Jin, staff member of the Politics and Security Section, police of Yanji City
Huang Wenzhe, staff member of the Politics and Security Section, police of Yanji City: 2991266 (Home), 13089307735 (Cell)
Meng (short and fat), staff member of the Politics and Security Section, police of Yanji City
Xu Dunyi, CCP Secretary of the 610 the Office of Longjing City: 3223757 (Office), 3221356 (home)
Xu Zhenghao, CCP Vice Secretary of the 610 Office of Longjing City: 3223757 (Office), 3253446 (Home)
Zhao Honglei, Former Deputy Director of the Police Department of Longjing City: 3226713 (Office), 3226714, 3220647 (Home)
Jiang Yinglao, Former Director of the Politics and Security Section of police of Longjing City: 3223843 (Office), 3225834 (Home)
Jin Zhezhu, Director of Detention Center of Longjing City: 3283029 (Office)
Li Zhe, presiding judge at Yanji City Court
Fei Yunlong, judge at Yanji City Court
Li Qingshi, judge at Yanji City Court
Xu Jiajin, secretary at Yanji City Court
Liu Jichang, Public Prosecutor at Yanji City Court

Jilin Prison:

Operator: 0432-4881551
Li Qiang, prison director: x 3001
Wang Yufan, deputy prison director: x 3002
Liu Changjiang, deputy commissioner: x 3003
Wang Chengwu, deputy prison director: x 3004
Liu Wei, deputy prison director: x 3005

Feng Haijun, instructor

Wang Hongmin, Wang Longhe, Guo Shutie, Guo Honggang, Criminals in Jilin Prison