Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Supplemental Information Regarding the Persecution-Caused Death of Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Li Yutong in Jilin Province

August 17, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Li Yutong from Dehui City, Jilin Province died on November 6, 2003, as a result of tortures he suffered at the Yinmahe Labor Camp in Jilin Province. Li Yutong was arrested, sent to labor camp(s), and tortured many times for his belief in Dafa. The following is supplemental information about his persecution.

Li Yutong lived in Sunjiatun, Xinjian Village, Biangang Township, Dehui City in the Changchun area. He underwent surgery for a perforated appendix in the winter of 1996. The surgical incision healed abnormally and became infected. Doctors could not help him. He walked hunchbacked for a long time, could not work, and groaned all the time from pain. One day a relative introduced him to Falun Dafa. One week after he learned Dafa, his incision had miraculously healed and the pain was gone. He began to practice wholeheartedly. He previously had a terrible temper and often fought with his wife, but after he practiced Dafa, his temperament improved and he became very considerate of others. His family became happy and peaceful.

After the persecution against Dafa began on July 20, 1999, Li Yutong went to Beijing to appeal and to clarify the truth about Dafa. The police illegally arrested and sent him back to Dehui City where he was held at the city's custody center for more than forty days. The guards abused him verbally and physically during that period. They burned his fingers with a cigarette lighter and severely injured his thumb. The scar remained for a long time afterward.

Soon after Li Yutong was released, about eight people including Song Shize and Wang Jinghui, officers from the Biangang Township Police Station, broke into Li Yutong's home and arrested him. He held a protest hunger strike at the custody center and fifteen days later showed symptoms of severe illness. He was on the brink of death. The captors sent him to the Dehui City Hospital for emergency treatment. The doctor said that Li Yutong could not be rescued. His family demanded his release, but the Dehui City Police Department and the detention center officials intimidated his family, demanding they sign a document saying that Li Yutong's eventual death would not have anything to do with them. They also tried to extort "guarantee money" from the family. The family firmly refused and said, "He is in such a dangerous condition. Who will be responsible if he dies?" The police reluctantly let the family take Li Yutong home.

Li Yutong recovered quickly after he went home and was nearly well again within only a few days. Officials from the Dehui City Police Department and from the Biangang Township Police Station constantly harassed him at home and planned to arrest him. Li Yutong left home to avoid further persecution and worked at temporary jobs. He could no longer take care of his mother in her 80s, or his wife and child.

Li Yutong's daughter Li Cong visited her aunt on October 11, 2002. Police arrested her for practicing Dafa and sentenced her to one year of forced labor. His elder mother experienced her son being arrested and her granddaughter being sent to a labor camp. The police threatened and harassed her at home. Li Yutong's mother thus passed away on April 30, 2003.

Li Yutong was arrested soon afterward while clarifying the truth at a place near his job site. He was sentenced to forced labor and sent to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City. While there, Li Yutong refused to cooperate with the lawless officials and refused to be "reformed," so he was tortured. Li Yutong held another hunger strike and was force-fed.

It was learned that Li Yutong was force-fed a large quantity of a toxic fluid before his death. Therefore, he was murdered. The labor camp saw that he was dying and told the family to take him home. He was diagnosed with kidney failure and passed away on November 6, 2003. His daughter was still held at the labor camp at the time of his death, a few days' short of the expiration of her term. The labor camp officials nevertheless refused to let her see her father for the last time.

The Chinese Communist Party owes yet another human life. A healthy, working person was tortured to death within a few months of his arrest.

Good is rewarded and evil is punished. We ask the people involved in the persecution to step forward and provide us with further evidence, for the redemption of your own future.

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/11/19/42382.html