Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Seven Years of Persecution Before Ms. Gao Huifang Died

August 10, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Gao Huifang, 48 years old, was employed by the Supply Station of the Youjian Jiyun Company in Longchang Town, Sichuan Province. After she started practicing Falun Gong in January 1999, she and her family lived in perfect harmony. Her relationship with her husband also improved. In July 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong. Gao Huifang, however, persisted in practicing Falun Gong and never compromised with the persecutors.

She was illegally sent to a psychiatric hospital on three occasions and also was detained twice in the Nanmusi Female Detention Center in Zizhong. While she was in detention, her husband was forced to divorce her.

On January 5, 2000, Gao Huifang was required to be in the Security Department (in her company) while at work. Liang Cheng, Director of National Security in Longchang Town (since transferred) tried to force Gao Huifang to write that she would "Not appeal, not contact other Falun Gong practitioners, and not gather in a group" and similar statements. However, Gao Huifang refused to cooperate, and so the police sent her to a detention center. Around March 25, she was sent to a psychiatric hospital for persecution. In the hospital, Gao Huifang was forced to take a lot of unknown medication, which made her act differently than she had before. She was unrecognizable when her family saw her. At the end of May, her husband was forced to pay more than 30 yuan per day as "Administrative Fees." After he paid the fees she was released from the hospital.

Because she persisted in practicing, she recovered mentally and went to Beijing to appeal in the middle of July. As a result, she was again sent to a psychiatric hospital. The CCP started an economic persecution aimed at bankrupting practitioners. She was fined 5,000 yuan, and was forced to pay 35 yuan per day as "Administrative Fees." After two months, she was again transferred to the Detention Center. She was detained until end of October. The police forced Gao Huifang's husband to pay 20,000 Yuan as "guarantee money," (1) after which she was released.

On January 20, 2001, Gao Huifang was forcibly taken to Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong and held there for one year. In the labor camp, she suffered all kinds of torture. The national security police in Longchang Town also expropriated "guarantee money." Her husband was threatened that if he didn't divorce Gao Huifang, his son would not be allowed to go to college. In consideration for his son, her husband had to take a lawyer to the camp to process the documents for divorce. Such a harmonious family was torn apart by the CCP.

In May 2002, Gao Huifang was sent to the Women's Prison in Jianyang City, Sichuan Province and helped people who had enlightened along an evil path to wake up. She was then taken to Nanmusi Women's Labor Camp in Zizhong, where she was persecuted for three years. After her release, Gao had to live on the street.

In February 2006, Gao Huifang went to Chengdu City, Chengchu District to take care of Liu Ying, a practitioner in Qinglong District, Chenghua Town, Chengdu City and was maltreated to the point of mental collapse in the Chenghua Town Brainwashing Center. On February 21, Gao Huifang was picked up by staff of the Longchang Detention Center. At that time, Gao Huifang started a hunger strike, and with strong righteous thoughts was released from the Detention Center after one month.

On July 16, we saw on Clearwisdom (http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2006/7/16/75526.html) that Gao Huifang had been arrested by police in Longchang Town on June 29, 2006. At noon of that day, Gao Huifang died. We appeal to the international community and call for all good people to pay attention to what happened to this female Falun Gong practitioner.

Please also pay attention to Yu Ziming's plight mentioned in the article on July 16, and ask the Longchang Police Department to release practitioner Yu Ziming without any conditions.


(1) "guarantee money": The police force detained practitioners' family members to pay guarantee money. If the practitioner continues to practice Falun Gong, then the money would be confiscated by the police.