Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Yuan Yuqi in Jilin Province, 68, Died as a Result of Persecution

July 05, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) In the middle of May 2006, police officials from the Lushuihe Police Department and Baishan City Politics & Law Committee and the 610 Office went to Mr. Yuan Yuqi's home and asked him if he was still practicing Falun Gong and what were his views about the book, Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party. In addition, they pressured him to renounce Falun Gong. Seven years of continuous pressure and brutal persecution caused severe physical and psychological harm to Mr. Yuan, finally resulting in his death on June 13, 2006.

Mr. Yuan Yuqi, 68, lived in Lushuihe, Baishan City, Jilin Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1998, and became healthy and optimistic. However, since July 1999, Mr. Yuan had been arrested eight successive times due to his truth clarification efforts.

Below are some experiences that Mr. Yuan shared in his own words just before his untimely death.

In the spring of year 2000, when he was distributing informational materials near the railway gate, he was arrested by Liu Zhenquan of the Lushuihe Forest Police Department and was taken to the Political Defense Section. He was handcuffed to the central heating pipe overnight and released the next morning.

On April 18, 2001, Yuan Yuqi went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, where he was taken to the Xicheng Police Station in Beijing. The director asked for his name and his address, which he refused to reveal. Two police officials then came in and began torturing him. One of them kicked Mr. Yuan to a distance of two or three meters away. This caused him to fall down on the ground and another police official then trampled him on the chest. His left chest became like a shrunken balloon at that moment. Mr. Yuan immediately thought that since he was a Falun Gong practitioner, he would be fine. Then as he slowly stood up, his shrunken chest immediately swelled. After he went back home and got medical help the X-rays showed that three of his ribs were broken. The doctor informed him that if the broken ribs did not resume to the right position, they could puncture his lungs and be fatal.

Some fellow practitioners who had gone with Mr. Yuan to Beijing were also beaten by the police. Mr. Yuan stood on a chair and tried to stop them by saying loudly, "no beating of Falun Gong practitioners!" One policeman hit his head using a handcuff, producing an eight-centimeter-long opening on his head, with his blood streaming from his face.

When he was taken back to his hometown, he was still detained in the the Fusong Detention Center and was set free after Gu Xiandou, the director of the Fusong Police Department, and Zhang Aimin at the Political Defense Section extorted almost 30,000 yuan from his sons and daughters.

In May 2001, Yuan Yuqi was again forcibly taken to attend a brainwashing class, where an attempt was made to illegally transform him for five whole days, and where they tried to force him to write a "guarantee letter" which was obviously rejected by him.

In August 2001, when policeman Jiang Qiuli at the Dongshan Police Station went to Mr. Yuan's home, he found some truth materials, and reported this to the police department. As a result, Mr. Yuan was arrested and taken to the Fusong detention center. Two months later he was transferred to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for further persecution. Upon his refusal to "transform", he was forced to sit on a bench for a long time and made to take a shower with cold water in winter. He also developed scabies in his rectum and could not walk as usual.

Mr. Yuan finally passed away after enduring endless brutal torture and vicious persecution for many years.

June 16, 2006