Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Yang Jianpo On Hunger Strike for Almost Five Months; In Critical Condition, But Still Detained

July 10, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Yang Jianpo, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Langfang City, Hebei Province, is illegally detained in the Fourth Division of Jidong Jial in Fengnan District, Tangshan City. In order to protest the illegal detention, Mr. Yang has been on a hunger strike for almost five months. Currently, his condition is critical, but the head of the Langfang 610 Office has refused to release him, saying they won't let him go until they obtain approval from the government of Hebei Province or the Central Government. They intend to torture Mr. Yang to death.

During the past several years, Mr. Yang Jianpo has been persecuted repeatedly. On March 30, 2003 he was abducted and taken to the third floor of the east building of the Fengrun Branch Police Department in Tangshan City. Police officer Gao Wei and his supervisor shackled Mr. Yang to a metal chair and took turns shocking him with 110 DC Volts from a telephone cord, and didn't let him sleep for an entire day and night.

On February 20, 2004 officials from Guangyang Police Department in Langfeng City searched Mr. Yang's home, confiscated his property and abducted him. On February 25 he was sent to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City, where he was tortured until he weighed only about 90 pounds; originally he weighed about 190 pounds.

During the Chinese New Year in 2006 Mr. Yang Jianpo and Mr. Cao Baoyu were abducted when they and other practitioners went to clarify the truth to government officials. On April 25, officials went to the hospital and pronounced so-called sentences against them at their bedsides: Mr. Yang was sentenced to six years' imprisonment and Mr. Cao five years. On April 27 Mr. Cao was tortured to death.

About 2 PM on June 19, 2006 Mr. Yang Jianpo's family finally saw him. They were told that a dozen people brought Mr. Yang to the jail in an ambulance from the Langfang City Detention Center on May 10, 2006. Currently, Mr. Yang is very weak and can hardly speak. His hands and feet are cold and pale, he suffers from chest pain, and is terribly thin. His family urged him to eat, but he told them, "I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not guilty... I want to go home immediately."

Central Hospital of the Fourth Division of Jidong Jail, Fengnan District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province,

Zipcode: 063507

Telephone: 0315-8515168

Section of Internal Medicine: 0315-8313723

Hao Baoxin, deputy chief of the fourth division: 0315-8501878 (Home), 8313628 (Office), 133223250363 (Cell)