Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Additional Facts Surrounding the Murder of Wu Baowang, a Dafa Practitioner from Heilongjiang Province

June 18, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Wu Baowang, from Qingling Township, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province, made his living as a barber. He was a kind and honest person. He did not have any illnesses before his death.

At midnight on April 19, 2002, a copy of Zhuan Falun was found at Wu Baowang’s home and he was sent to the No. 2 Detention Center in Shuangcheng City. As soon as Wu Baowang entered the cell, a criminal from Linjiang Township named Zhuzi, in his 30s, slapped him in the face. Even so, Wu Baowang tried to tell the truth about Falun Gong to all of the criminals in the cell. Some of them were moved and began to learn the practice and study the Fa.

May 13, 2002, was World Falun Dafa Day. To celebrate World Falun Dafa Day, Wu Baowang and other illegally detained Dafa practitioners shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is Good! Falun Dafa is a righteous Fa! Restore the reputation of our Teacher! Release all Dafa practitioners!" They were persecuted by the police at the No. 2 Detention Center for their righteous actions. The police handcuffed Wu Baowang’s hands behind his back and asked instructor Huang Yanchen to give Wu a beating. Wu Baowang began a hunger strike to appeal against the persecution.

On the fourth day of Wu Baowang’s hunger strike, which was the morning of May 17, 2002, the police asked four criminals (Xiao Guang from Harbin, Panzi from Shuangcheng, Xiao Wei from Xixiang Township of Shuangcheng City, Lao Wang from Shuangcheng Township) with no medical knowledge to force feed Wu Baowang. The criminals dragged Wu Baowang out of the cell, pressed him against a bed and used all of their strength to push a tube down Wu Baowang’s nose. Then they poured high density salt water through the tube. While they force fed him, they beat him up and cursed at him. The police and prison doctor stood aside, as though they were watching a show, and did nothing on seeing Wu Baowang suffering and struggling.

After Wu Baowang was carried back to the cell, he began to vomit blood. He lost consciousness half an hour later. The prisoners asked for the prison doctor Liu Hongzhi. He said that nothing would happen and left. Later, with the request of many prisoners, police officer Li Huaixin gathered together the four criminals who force fed Wu Baowang and had them carry Wu out of the cell. On the way out, the criminals rammed Wu Baowang’s head against the cement wall. At around 4 p.m., Wu Baowang was carried back to the cell. He was still unconscious at that time. Policeman Li Huaixin said Wu Baowang was regaining consciousness. After 8 p.m., the prisoners requested to take a look at Wu again. Policeman Wang Jianwin and a policeman surnamed Na, took a look and asked the four criminals to send Wu Baowang to Shuangcheng Orthopedics Specialty Hospital. Wu Baowang passed away that night.

The next morning, Shuangcheng No. 2 Detention Center police invited the four criminals (Ma Chengjiu, LI Guanghui, Bing Guowei, and Zhuzi from Linjiang Township) into their office. The authorities forced them to say Wu Baowang died due to a heart attack.