Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Su Juzhen Suffered a Mental Collapse and Passed Away Due to Drug Poisoning and Torture at a Forced Labor Camp (Photo)

April 24, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) At 8:30 a.m., on April 8, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Su Juzhen passed away after she suffered a mental collapse resulting from brutal torture at a Chinese Communist Party sponsored forced labor camp. On the morning of April 9, when her body was cremated at the Qiansuo Crematory in Suizhong County, it was found that her skull, shins and ribs were black and could not be cremated. According to an expert, this is the result of drug poisoning.

Many witnesses have confirmed that Su Juzhen was forcibly injected with nerve-damaging drugs at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. These blackened bones confirm this fact. The workers at the crematory, her family and friends, and family members of other deceased saw the bones and compared them to the ash from other bodies. It was clear that these bones were not normal.

Su Juzhen, right before her death

A well-known good person

Ms. Su Juzhen lived in Gucheng, Qiansuo Town, Suizhong County, Huludao City. She suffered from severe heart disease, stomach problems, roundworms in the gallbladder, and frequent swelling of both calves. She started practicing Dafa in 1996, and soon all of her illnesses disappeared.

Su Juzhen conducted herself according to Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance at all times and was a well-known good person. She never hesitated to help others. She made a living by operating a beauty parlor and gave free services to poor customers who were unable to pay, and frequently gave them money. She was awarded the distinction of "Outstanding Self-employed Businessperson" several times.

Additionally, Ms. Su often provided financial assistance to poor students. In appreciation of her selfless deeds, the principal of Qiansuo No. 3 High School once personally delivered a silk banner to her. Su Juzhen often visited elderly people in nursing homes, bringing them daily necessities and food. She also donated money to repair the Xihe Bridge. Her family was recognized as one of the "Ten Outstanding Families in Huludao City." Ms. Su credited her practice of Falun Gong for her being able to accomplish so many good deeds. Once, a TV station interviewed her. She told the reporter, "I did these things only because I practice Falun Gong."

In 1999, when Su Juzhen was arrested by local police for persisting in her belief in Falun Gong, about forty local families went to the government and begged the officials to release her. They asked the officials, "She fixed the road and does only good things for people! Why don't you release such a great person?"

The authorities targeted Ms. Su Juzhen for persecution because she refused to give up Falun Gong practice.

In July 1999, the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners officially began. Su Juzhen went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong, but was intercepted by police and taken back to her home. In August 1999, Su Juzhen again went to Beijing to appeal for an end to the persecution and was illegally arrested and sent to the Suizhong Detention Center. The police also confiscated 2,000 yuan in cash from her.

On October 31, 1999, Su Juzhen was seized by the authorities and sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. She was later transferred to the Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp, a youth correction facility, and then transferred again to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp, the Shenxin Forced Labor Camp, Dabei Prison and other places for persecution.

Su Juzhen did good things wherever she went, even when she was being persecuted by the CCP. During September and October 1999, when Su Juzhen was incarcerated at the Suizhong Detention Center, the detention center authorities demanded 200 yuan from an old man from Gejiaxiang, Suizhong County, who was also held at the detention center. The old man's family did not have the money, so Su Juzhen gave him 200 yuan. Later, the old man's son went to the Suizhong Detention Center with some fruit to visit Su Juzhen, but the detention center authorities would not let him meet with her.

Numerous appeals and persecution

On June 10, 1999 Su Juzhen went to Beijing for the first time. She went to Beijing's TV station to clarify the truth. On July 20, 1999 Su Juzhen went to Beijing to speak a fair word for Dafa. The police sent her back to Suizong County. She was detained at the Qiansuo Police Department. In August, Su Juzhen went again to Beijing to appeal. She was arrested and held at the Suizhong County Detention Center for 15 days. After her term expired, officers from the Suizhong County Political and Security Section again detained Su Juzhen at the Suizhong Police Department and interrogated her. She got out with the power of her righteous thoughts.

Su Juzhen again went to Beijing to appeal. Persecutors from the Suizhong Police Department notified their subordinates in various places to intercept her. Later, officers from the Zhanqian Police Department, or the Chezhan Police Department in Changli, arrested her and the police touched her inappropriately, claiming to "conduct a body search." They groped her and even stuck their fingers inside her vagina. Su Juzhen said, "I practice Falun Dafa! You should not treat me like this." The abusers stopped, but they took 1,400 yuan cash from her.

Later, officers from the Qiansuo Police Department in Suizhong County brought Su Juzhen to their police department. Wang Fuchen, head of the Political and Security Section in Suizhong County, held Su Juzhen at the Suizhong Detention Center. When Su Juzhen left the police department and got into the police car, Wang Fuchen took off his boots and violently beat Su Juzhen with them. Su Juzhen's husband and daughter saw him beating Su Juzhen inside the car. They loudly called for Wang Fuchen to stop. Su Juzhen's daughter, who was around 10 years of age, ran after the police car. She cried and shouted, "Don't hit my mom."

In September 1999, lawless officials from Huludao City sent more than 20 steadfast Dafa practitioners who were held at detention centers in Xingcheng, Suizhong and Nanpiao to Huludao Forced Labor Camp to a brainwashing session. The officials played Dafa-slandering videos, and Su Juzhen and practitioner Song Caihong, who is now being held at the Shenyang Prison, stood up and recited Hong Yin and Teacher's articles. Other Dafa practitioners followed. The guards were shocked and left. The practitioners held a group hunger strike and the officials aborted the brainwashing session. Dafa practitioners including Su Juzhen were sent back to Suizhong Detention Center and kept there until October 31, when they were sent to a labor camp.

Su Juzhen persisted in studying and reciting the Fa and doing the Falun Gong exercises at the detention center. Many practitioners knew that Su Juzhen created the environment in which Dafa practitioners could practice their belief relatively freely. During this period, Wang Xueping, head of the detention center, guard Ji Shuxin and others persecuted Su Juzhen. The guards admired Su Juzhen for her righteous thoughts and righteous actions. Many guards said at public occasions, "Among all of these Falun Gong practitioners I admire Su Juzhen the most! She is a true Dafa practitioner!"

Continuous abuse in detention

Once, the guards took the only copy of Zhuan Falun from the cell. Su Juzhen immediately stood up to take the book back, and guard Ji Shuxin savagely beat her. Su Juzhen shouted in a loud voice, "Shi Fu [Master]!" Everyone was shocked and her voice echoed in the hallway for a long time. Ji Shuxin said, "So you have a teacher? Now I'll use an electric baton and see if your teacher can protect you." He shocked Su Juzhen with an electric baton for more than 20 minutes until the battery ran out. Su Juzhen never made the slightest noise and smiled throughout the whole time. The guards were stunned, because it usually takes only one shock before the victim would cry out in pain. Afterwards, the guards asked other Dafa practitioners in private, "Do you practitioners really have supernormal abilities?" From then on, the guards greatly reduced their electric shocking of Dafa practitioners.

The guards beat Su Juzhen many times at the labor camp. Once, labor camp head Wang Xueping ordered people to handcuff her arms behind her back for 24 hours because she recited the Fa; at another time Wang Xueping slapped her face and hit her eyes until blood came out of her eyes, again because she recited the Fa.

Persisting in Dafa practice at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and enduring persecution

On October 31, 1999, Su Juzhen was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. She started reciting the Fa right after she arrived. The next day, November 1, she was sent to solitary confinement and held there for about 15 days for reciting the Fa, but she persisted in doing the Dafa exercises in the solitary confinement cell.

Later, Su Juzhen was sent to Group 3 of Division 1 and was savagely beaten for doing the Dafa exercises. Her legs were injured from the beating. Around May 2000, Su Juzhen was sent to the No. 2 Women's Division of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and was barbarically abused. She was often forced to squat for days and nights on end. One witness said Su Juzhen was once forced to squat for five months, after which she could not walk. The lawless officials also made her write a "reform statement" [to renounce Dafa] and held Su Juzhen's hand to force her to sign it.

Qiu Ping, the head of Team 2, Division 1 at the No. 2 Women's Division at Masanjia, was later promoted to the head of Group 3, Division 2 at the No. 2 Women's Division of Masanjia Labor Camp. People addressed her as "Mom Qiu" on CCTV [central government TV station]. Political head Wang Shuzheng was later promoted to deputy head of Division 1 at the No. 2 Women's Division. These two abusers shocked Su Juzhen with electric batons in their office until she could not walk. Although the guards and collaborators cruelly tortured Su Juzhen, they respected her. She always smiled in the face of all kinds of persecution.

Su Juzhen was obviously severely abused and mistreated under persecution at Masanjia. Other practitioners who were detained during the same period were aware of it and can recall these incidents. Below is an excerpt from an account that was previously published:

"With orders from guards Qiu Ping and Su Jing, Dafa practitioners Zou Guirong and Su Juzhen were brutally tortured. The collaborators pushed Su Juzhen's head down toward her crotch and gagged her with a towel so she could not scream. Then they jabbed her fingers with needles and shocked her with three electric batons. The abusers saw that Zou Guirong and Su Juzhen would not renounce their belief, so they sent them to an underground hospital in Shenyang City, where the practitioners were abused with forced injections of drugs. The two practitioners persisted in their belief in Falun Dafa.

"Dafa practitioner Su Juzhen who was held in the same cell with us had her hands cuffed behind her back with two other practitioners for one day and one night. She was forbidden to eat, sleep or use the restroom. She was in great pain.

"One day the police again summoned Juzhen to their office. I listened carefully to find out what was going on in there. All I could hear was the crackling noises of the electric batons. A little while later someone came out of the office. I managed to see that Juzhen was tied to a bedpost. They kept her there for two days and one night without eating, sleeping or going to the bathroom. When she was finally let out several people carried her since her legs were so weak that she could not walk by herself. Since then she seldom went out for the morning roll call. Her movements were under close surveillance. The labor camp abusers did not stop torturing her until she became totally disabled. When she was finally let out she could not move by herself, nor could she utter a word.

"Dafa practitioner Su Juzhen recited the Falun Dafa teachings, and was summoned to the confinement room where she was forced to take off all her clothes and the authorities shocked her with electric batons all over her body. The torture went on for an entire night. When she went to the workshop later, I saw that her face was covered with large blisters from the electric shock, and there were also blisters on her lips. Her face was badly swollen and covered with bruises. It was so horrible that I could not bear to take another look at her.

"One day the brigade head told me to visit Su Juzhen. I found that she could not smile nor could she speak. She wore no expression at all. Her expressionless eyes were staring straight ahead and her pupils were dilated without any reaction whatsoever. I greeted her and there was no answer. I touched her but she did not respond. It seemed that she did not know me. Her whole body was very fragile and traces of blood were visible on her face. There were black and red dots on the backs of her hands, which were the scars from electric shocks. I knew Auntie Su had been a mentally healthy person, but the Brigade head forced her to take some kind of powerful drugs. I recalled that it was early in the morning and I was still in bed when I heard Su Juzhen's blood-curdling screams. I did not know how long she had not had any sleep because of the torture. I could not help but have tears well up in my eyes. I remembered that she seemed to be crippled when walking lately. It was obvious that her legs were injured. It was confirmed later that the crippling was caused by severe beatings and long-time forced squatting.

"Su Juzhen was very determined in her belief in Falun Dafa. Zhang Xiurong (a vicious policewoman) handcuffed her hands behind her back and then hung her up with her head down and her feet off the ground. Zhang Xiurong took me to witness her torture in person, indicating that if I did not give up [my] belief in Falun Dafa I would be tortured the same way. My heart was full of pain seeing Su Juzhen being tortured that way. I tried my best to control myself so I would not burst into tears. Su Juzhen was also shocked with electric batons many times. Few could endure the electric shocks and physical torture; many renounced their belief under such heavy pressure. The place is a truly monstrous hell and the guards are totally inhuman. People suffer enormous mental torment under such intense pressure, a feeling too painful to put in words.

"Dafa practitioner Su Juzhen had not been allowed to sleep for five days and five nights. She was forced to squat in the bathroom with her arms lifted in front of her. The perpetrators beat her if she didn't comply with their orders. They took her to the 'Four Prevention Room' on the third floor and wrapped her arms around her head so she couldn't breathe and tried to make her curse Falun Dafa and Master. Once the division head called for Su Juzhen. When she returned I saw blisters all over her neck, the back of her hands and the soles of her feet from electric baton shocks. She had been shocked countless times. Once I was awakened from my sleep at around two or three in the morning and I heard screaming in the bathroom. I couldn't help but cry. I walked to the bathroom and saw Su Juzhen was pinned on the ground with some people sitting on her. A young woman [an inmate] named Bai Kun was beating Su Juzhen. Bai Kun was the one who went on TV and lied that the labor camp division head treated her like a mother would a daughter and bought clothes for her. Bai Kun comes from Dashiqiao, Yingkou City. Perpetrator Chen Xiaoyu was also beating Su Juzhen. She used to slander Dafa on the Focal Point Interview program of the CCTV. These perpetrators received a five-day sentence reduction for participating in brainwashing Falun Dafa practitioners, and they got another five-day sentence reduction for beating practitioners; therefore, they put in extra effort in the persecution.

"...They forced determined Su Juzhen, Zou Guirong and Zhang Guiping from Benxi to do a handstand, and they beat the practitioners when they refused. They also beat the practitioners when they could not support themselves any longer. Their eyes became swollen after this torture.

"Guard Qiu Ping shocked practitioners Zou Guirong and Su Juzhen until they were almost dead and their skin became scorched. Seeing that they could not make the practitioners waver in their firm belief in Dafa, the guards handed them over to the collaborators. These people have become evil and are extremely vicious. They forced Zou Guirong and Su Juzhen to stand close to and face the wall from morning until night. They deprived the practitioners of sleep for several days at a time, allowing them only one meal per day. If one method of torture did not work, they would devise other torture methods. They forced the practitioners to stay motionless in each torture position for several days in a row. The torture positions included standing, squatting, "flying the airplane" [where people are forced to bend over and raise their arms behind their backs], "riding the motorcycle," and standing upside down. Once they even hung up Zou Guirong upside down. Along with these tortures, the collaborators also beat her. Seeing that these torture methods did not work, they invented even more cruel torture methods. One was to tie her head and feet together and have someone sit on her back while beating her up. To prevent other practitioners from hearing their victims' screams, the ruffians often took them to the storehouse or bathroom, or gagged them. Once, guard Qiu Ping and others took Su Juzhen to the psychiatric department of a hospital in Shenyang City. The hospital prescribed several bottles of some drug for treating mental illnesses and made Su Juzhen's family pay for them. They especially assigned someone to force Su Juzhen to take the drug every day."

Su Juzhen, who was savagely tortured at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, was later transferred to Zhangshi Labor Camp, Longshan Labor Camp, and Shenxin Labor Camp, among other places. She suffered a mental collapse after being injected with nerve-damaging drugs. Her family lived in Shenyang City for one month and looked for her.

Continued persecution from the Suizhong Police Department and Qiansuo Police Department

At around February 5, 2002, authorities from the Shenxin Labor Camp told Su Juzhen's family to pick her up. They extorted a 1,500-yuan "medical fee" from the family and said it was used to cover Su Juzhen's medication expenses. Su Juzhen was carried out of the labor camp by several people. She could not move her limbs, her eyes were blank, and she had no facial expression. She could not eat until the 22nd day after she went home. Her family later found wounds near her urethra and needle marks on her body.

She could not think or speak normally, and she could not take care of herself. Her second daughter was very young and her family relied on the small shop operated by her oldest daughter.

Even under such miserable circumstances, the lawless government officials and police officers from Suizhong still harassed Su Juzhen's family. In October 2002, authorities at the Suizhong Police Department directed officers from the Qiansuo Police Department to ransack Su Juzhen's home. They took the only copy of Zhuan Falun she had and a Fa lecture cassette. Although Su Juzhen often didn't speak and she looked like she had no thoughts and could not take care of herself, she could still study the Fa. She often loudly read the Fa and never put it down willingly. In October 2002, Wang Fuchen, the former head of the Politics and Security Section at Suizhong Police Department, ordered officers from Qiansuo Police Department to arrest Su Juzhen's 22-year-old daughter, who was supporting the family and taking care of Su Juzhen, and send her to a brainwashing session.

Su Juzhen's physical condition deteriorated since late 2005, as did her mental condition. Sometimes she ran outside in the middle of the night stark naked. Su Juzhen passed away in the morning of April 8, 2006. She had not eaten for more than 130 days.

Her husband grew weak and developed symptoms of stroke because of the persecution of his wife. His younger daughter dropped out of school because of it. Her older daughter who was attending university was forced to quit school in order to take care of her father and younger sister, when Su Juzhen was held in a labor camp. Su Juzhen's father lost sight in both eyes from excessive grief; her mother, in her 80s, suffered a near nervous breakdown due to the series of heavy blows.

History will remember the perpetrators who persecuted Su Juzhen to death

Since the Chinese Communist Party and Jiang Zemin's group began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, many local officials and police have actively or passively participated in the persecution against innocent Dafa practitioners. They are criminals. The CCP not only killed Su Juzhen but also turned the local officials and police into criminals.

A good person was driven to a state of metal incapacity and later died from the persecution. History will remember those who persecuted Su Juzhen. A list of the officials responsible for her persecution is provided below.

Zhi Jianfeng, Wang Xingbo, Tian Shuhuai, Cheng Fushun, former Party secretaries of Suizhong County in charge of the persecution of Falun Gong

Liu Zhongli, former secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee of Suizhong County; he has to approve any arrest and labor camp sentence. In the early stages of the persecution in 1999, Dafa practitioners in other places were sentenced to one year of forced labor, and only practitioners in Suizhong County were sentenced to three years of forced labor. Liu Zhongli also approved the persecution of Su Juzhen. Shi Minxin is the current secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee.

Shang Ergui, deputy secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee of Suizhong County and head of the 610 Office. He is still persecuting Falun Gong even now.

Chen Guohua, deputy head of the Suizhong County 610 Office, and all members of the 610 Office.

Wang Limin, deputy head of the Suizhong County Police Department, who is in charge of persecuting Falun Gong.

Wang Fuchen, the former head of the Political and Security Section of Suizhong County, is one of the main perpetrators responsible for Su Juzhen's persecution. He beat Su Juzhen and arrested Su Juzhen's older daughter. He also fabricated charges against Dafa practitioners who were later sentenced to labor camps or prisons. He unscrupulously made up things in order to qualify for a certain length of sentence for the Dafa practitioners. Li Changhua is the current head of the National Security Division at the county police department.

Wang Xueping is the head of the Suizhong County Monitoring Division and the head of the detention center.

Guards at the detention center who persecuted Su Juzhen, including Ji Shuxin (further investigation needed).

Police officers at Qiansuo Police Department (further investigation needed).

Officers from a police department in Changli (further investigation needed).

Guards Su Jing, Qiu Ping, Zhou Qin, Gu Quanyi, Wang Yanping, Zhou Qian, Zhang Xiurong and other guards at Masanjia Labor Camp; Bai Kun and others from Dashiqiao, Yingkou; Chen Xiaoyu and other collaborators (further investigation needed).

Perpetrators at Zhangshi Labor Camp, the Youth Correction Facility, Longshan Labor Camp, Shenxin Labor Camp, Dabei Prison, and an underground hospital in Shenyang City (further investigation needed).