Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Eyewitness Describes the Torture that Led to the Death of Ms. Liu Limei, an Associate Professor at Northeast Agricultural University

August 09, 2005 |  


I was one of four practitioners arrested by the Harbin Anti-Riot Squadron and Shuangcheng Police in April, 2002. I was imprisoned along with Ms. Liu Limei in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Hospital.

When I first saw Liu Limei, she had already been on a hunger strike for 6 months. She was extremely thin. Her voice was very weak, but she still kept on clarifying the truth to people around her and shouted loudly "Falun Dafa is good!" The police force-fed her, but Liu Limei would not cooperate and would resist the persecution. Once, a police officer was force-feeding her, and I saw her nose bleeding. She was out of breath, but the police still force-fed her. They beat her and swore at her when they could not succeed. I was able to hear her extremely weak voice on and off, "Falun Dafa is good!" The police sealed her mouth with tape, but by then Liu Limei was on the edge of death.

When the police gave Liu Limei intravenous injections, she would not cooperate either. Police injected her with drugs to make her sleep. Every time after she was injected, she seemed to lose consciousness. Liu Limei was repeatedly force-fed, beaten, and injected with sleeping medicine. The police continuously tortured and threatened her.

Once, Ms. Liu slept a whole day after being injected with sleeping drugs by the police. When she woke up, she could not move her hands and arms. I heard her saying, "I am so cold; please cover my arms with the quilt." At that time it was the beginning of July and the weather was hot. I immediately called the prison guard. The prison guard saw the situation and immediately called a doctor and the head of police. During the urgent rescue, they found that she had no blood pressure and her heart had stopped beating. They had IV's in both of her arms. The head of the hospital (his last name is Hao) came. He lifted her quilt and saw how thin she was. She weighed about 80 lbs and her skin was dry and cracked. She looked like a person over 80 years old. Hao told her, "I will release you for sure, drink some milk first." He was afraid that Ms. Liu would die in the hospital, and he immediately told Liu's family members to come get her. At 9 a.m., Liu Limei's husband came and hugged her. She was extremely thin and frail, breathing only faintly. Her husband said, "What can I do with her in such a condition?" Afterwards I heard that Liu Limei was transferred to another hospital by the police, not really released. Later they released her only after her family members paid a large fine.

Reference material:

Ms. Liu Limei, 41 years old, was a Falun Gong practitioner and an Associate Professor at Northeast Agricultural University. She was supervising students of Masters and Ph. D programs before the persecution. After July 20, 1999, Ms. Liu was arrested many times for being a practitioner. She was tortured in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp and the Wanjia Hospital. She went on a hunger strike many times and her health deteriorated rapidly. On August 12, 2003, Ms. Liu Limei died in the Forced Labor Camp.

People involved the persecution of Liu Limei:

Hospital Doctors: last name Mao, last name Han, last name Chang and last name Hao
Police: Yu Fangli
Prison guards: last name Han and last name Hu
Heads of the Labor Camp: Shi Yingbai and Song Zhaohui