Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Numerous Falun Gong Practitioners Became Disabled or Died from Torture at Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department

August 20, 2005 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Fushun City

(Clearwisdom.net) The perpetrators at Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department have been persecuting Falun Gong practitioners since July 20, 1999. One police officer said to a practitioner, "Each one of us has to kill three Falun Gong practitioners to meet the quota. You are the first for me. What would you think if I poured gasoline on you and claimed that you burned yourself?"

Falun Gong practitioners Li Ying and Wang Xiuxia died from torture at Division 1. Torture has disabled many more Falun Gong practitioners including, Li Ying (different Chinese words from the previously mentioned Li Ying), Wu Xiaoyan, Sun Yongli and Wang Youcai.

The basement at the White Building on West Shilu Road at Huanleyuan in the Xinfu District, where the police department is located, is a torture chamber where perpetrators from Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department torment the practitioners. It was learned that there is another secret torture room at the Youyi Hotel. Both of these rooms hold various torture tools. "Splitting the legs" and "hang-up" are the two most commonly used torture methods. "Splitting the legs" can result in excruciating pain and loss of function of the lower limbs; "hang-up" means the perpetrators force the practitioner's arms behind his/her back and hang him/her up by the twisted arms. This torture often causes permanent disability.

Some perpetrators handcuff the practitioners to metal chairs and don't allow them to sleep for a whole night. They then torture practitioners during interrogation. They hammered bamboo sticks into practitioner Miao Shuqing's fingernails and stuck toothpicks into two of his fingers; the scars are visible to this day. While beating and torturing the practitioners, police officer Guan Yong screamed, "I'm not afraid of hell! Am I not living well right now? Ha!"

In 2000, practitioners Dou Zhenyang and Wang Hongjun were falsely charged with "attempting to overturn a train." The police tortured one of the practitioners with a method called "crossing the forest" until he admitted to a crime he didn't commit. He was illegally sentenced to life in prison and was held in the Linyuan Prison.

On December 16, 2000, more than 60 Dafa practitioners from Fushun City shared their experiences at a practitioner's home. The National Security Bureau got wind of the meeting by tapping practitioners' phones and sent more than 150 police officers to arrest the practitioners, accusing them of "illegal gathering and doing Falun Gong exercises." They sent the practitioners to forced labor camps and custody centers. In the evening, they ransacked the practitioners' homes and took away Dafa books and videotapes. Practitioners Zheng Hong, Ren Yi, Jiang Guofang, Ma Hongxia, Sun Yongsheng, Ma Huaidong, Huang Gang, Lu Hong, Hou Jun, Hu Guojian, Gao Jian, Qi Shaowen and Liu Helun were among the persecuted practitioners. Practitioners Huang Gang and Hu Guojian were savagely tortured at Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department and sentenced to heavy prison terms.

Practitioner Ms. Li Ying was arrested before the 2001 Chinese New Year (in January) and was ruthlessly tortured. As a result, her right arm atrophied and she could not take care of herself. She was later secretly sentenced to 11 years in prison and was sent to the Dabei Prison. The prison refused to accept her because she could not take care of herself. The perpetrators from Fushun City went through their connections and bribed certain officials to make the Dabei Prison authorities accept Li Ying.

On December 24, 2001, a Dafa truth clarification materials production site in Xinhua was destroyed and property worth over 40,000 yuan - including computers and flyers - was confiscated. One practitioner was arrested and was tortured at Division 1 at the Fushun City Police Department.

In 2002, practitioners Wang Xiaoyan, Yan Jun, Wang Shengtao, Zhai Xu, Meng Hua, Sun Yongli and Zou Guirong (Zou Guirong was later tortured to death), were arrested and tortured at Division 1. Practitioner Sun Yongli lost the function in her legs after the torture and could not take care of herself. She was later sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.

Between August and late September 2002, practitioners Ma Huaidong and Lu Renqing were arrested when clarifying the truth to people. They were sent to Division 1, where they were subjected to torture. Practitioners Zhao Yuhong, Ma Hongxia and Guan Juyin were also arrested and tortured. In early October, practitioners Sun Yongsheng, Jia Naizhi, Qu Cailing, Jin Shunnu, Hou Xiaohui, Wu Xiaoyan, Gao Guirong, Xing Yurong, Miao Shuqing, Dai Yulan, Song Wenliang, Wang Chengtao, Sun Qian, and Dong Qinfei were arrested and were sentenced to heavy prison terms in July 2003. Later, other practitioners, including Wu Yanbo, Zhou Yuzhi, Zhou Kan and others, were also arrested and tortured at Division 1.

In November 2002, Dafa practitioner Wang Xiaoyan was sentenced to 15 years in prison and practitioner Yan Jun was sentenced to six years in prison. In March 2004, Yan Jun and several other practitioners were secretly sent to the Dabei Prison in Shenyang City to be tortured. Although Wang Xiaoyan was in very poor physical condition, the guards didn't allow her to receive medical treatment and held her at the No. 2 Detention Center in Fushun City.

Practitioner Jia Naizhi has been held for three years. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison and was sent to the Liaoning Province Women's Prison, but the prison authorities refused to accept her because she was gravely ill. She is currently being held at the Fushun City Detention Center. Her family requested that she be released on medical parole but their request was denied. Jia Naizhi is holding a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention, and is emaciated.

On May 13, 2002, officers from Division 1 went to the Yonglin Police Department and beat practitioner Wang Xiaoming. They kept beating him from the second floor to the first floor until his body was covered in bruises. Then they took him away and again tortured him.

Practitioner Mr. Zhang Huiqiang was a senior engineer at the Fushun City Ethylene Chemical Industry Plant. On May 23, 2002, officers from Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department arrested him from work. The police tortured him by burning his hands with cigarette lighters and scorched his nipples with red-hot metal. They also tore out his fingernails. Mr. Zhang was later sentenced to six years in prison and was held at the Dabei Prison.

On June 28, 2002, practitioner Liu Guangying from the Jiangjun area in Fushun City was arrested by perpetrators from Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department after having been forced to live a homeless life for three and a half months. He was later sentenced to three years of forced labor and was held at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City.

In the evening of July 6, 2002, officers from Division 1 found out practitioner Liu Zhange's address and arrested him. They took his personal computer and waited outside his home for other practitioners. They arrested practitioner Zhang from another city who went to visit Liu Zhange. Both practitioners were tortured at Division 1.

On February 7, 2002, practitioner Wei Zaixin, a senior engineer at the Fushun City Institute of Information Science & Technology was arrested by police from Division 1 and beaten. He was later sent to the Strictly Controlled Group at the Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp. In June 2002, officers from the Jiangjun Police Department sent Wei Zaixin to the No. 2 Detention Center at Shizilou in Jiangjun area to await sentencing. During this period, the guards encouraged the inmates to brutally torture Wei Zaixin until he was at the brink of death. In July, the police sent Wei Zaixin to the city hospital and told his family to take him home. On November 15, Wei Zaixin died after resuscitation efforts failed.

In September 2002, officers from Division 1 arrested practitioner Hu Wei, a graduate of Fudan University in Shanghai, who was living with his relatives in Fushun City. They tortured Hu Wei and took his cell phone, BP pager, Omega watch, a 2,000 yuan bank card, 960 yuan cash, a pair of ultra-thin eyeglasses worth over 700 yuan and never returned these things. In late September 2002, Hu Wei was illegally sentenced to forced labor and was sent to the Fushun City Forced Labor Camp.

On March 1, 2003, Division 1 officers destroyed a Dafa materials production site in Gebu, Fushun City. The officers waited at the site and arrested several Dafa practitioners including Hou Xiaohui. On March 2 they ransacked another site in Wanghua and took one "all-in-one" machine, two Xerox machines, various tools and paper worth over 50,000 yuan.

Five Division 1 officers and officers from the Wanghua Police Department arrested practitioner Li Ying from her family's rice & flour store on March 31, 2003. During the afternoon of April 2, Li Ying was found dead in the large hall at Division 1 of Fushun City Police Department, her body covered with wounds. The perpetrators bribed the autopsy officials who eventually wrote "death from natural causes" on the death certificate. Hao Jianguang, head of the National Security Team, once told Li Ying's family, "What does that little amount of money you spent count for? Do you know how much money we spent treating the autopsy officials to meals and entertainment?"

In May 2003, officers from Division 1 arrested practitioners Li Wensong, Wei Minghua and his wife, Zhou Yuren, Zhou Fulong, Zhou Yuyi, his wife and daughter Zhou Meina, Zhou Yuying, Zhao Liankai, Jiang Defang, Wang Guihua, Wang Lan, Yan Yuezeng and his wife, and Liu Jinping. Wei Minghua used to be a teacher at the No. 1 Middle School in Qingyuan City. Officers struck her to the ground and dragged her by her feet across the school and into a police car in front of the whole school. The same officers carried practitioner Li Wensong from the sixth floor to the police car.

Between March 18 and March 28, 2003, perpetrators from Division 1, along with Xiao Gang and other officers from a local police station in Hongtoushan, searched and arrested Dafa practitioners near the Hongtoushan Copper Mine. The arrested practitioners were: Zhang Huamei, Liang Suyun, Yang Shuxian, Cao Yanzhen, Liu Xiangyu, Wang Shuyun, Zhou, Gao Xiuqin, Du Jinfeng, Zhou Hongqin, Li Shuqin and his daughter. They also took over 7,000 yuan from Zhang Huamei's home and beat Zhang Huamei until she could not stand up. The officers beat Wang Youcai until the flesh on his legs peeled off. They shouted at other Dafa practitioners, "Yes, It was us who crippled Wang Youcai's legs."

More than 20 police officers arrested practitioner Wang Xiuxia from Qingyuan County on May 29, 2003. On the evening of June 15 they told Wang Xiuxia's family about her death. In 2005, the guards shouted when beating a practitioner they had arrested, "Yes, it was precisely us who beat Wang Xiuxia to death! Feel free to sue us!"

Dafa practitioner Qi Huishu was arrested on April 24, 2004 and was tortured at Division 1. Practitioner Zhang Jinsheng from Qingyuan County was arrested in April 2004. During the illegal detention, to make Qi Huishu admit to "conspiracy with foreign powers," the officers used various tortures that caused skull damage.

Practitioner Yang Boliang, 46 years old, lived in Toushan Town, Fushun City. On August 18, 2004, he was arrested and was savagely beaten by Hao Jianguang, head of Division 1, section heads Liu, Guan Yong and Zhang Bin. Mr. Yang was later sentenced to three years of forced labor and is currently being held at the Fushun Forced Labor Camp.

Practitioners Zhao Yunshan and Dong Linlin were arrested by officers from Division 1 on September 18. During the five-day holiday of October 1, Zhao Yunshan was sentenced to forced labor and sent to the Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp. Dong Linlin was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.

In October 2004, a dozen officers from Division 1, including Hao Jianguang, went to the Lishi Police Station to persecute practitioner Yuan Peng. They also waited around the Lishi Development District and Sifangtai, trying to arrest Dafa practitioners.

In late November 2004, officers from Division 1 went to Yonglin Town, Xinbin County in Fushun City. They extorted 4,000 yuan from practitioner Li Hong and 5,000 yuan from practitioner Han Junhui, both of whom had sent Falun Gong-related messages with their cell phones.

At around 8:00 p.m. on January 12, 2005, a dozen officers from Division 1 broke the burglar-proof door at practitioner Lin Bo's home and arrested practitioners Lin Bo and Wang Guoying. They took belongings worth over 100,000 yuan. Practitioners Cheng Min, in her 20s and her husband, not a Falun Gong practitioner, were arrested at the same time that evening. Cheng Min was arrested from work. In June 2005, Lin Bo was sentenced to eight years in prison and Wang Guoying was sentenced to nine years in prison. Wang Guoying's husband Dou Zhenyang was falsely accused of "attempting to overturn a train" and sentenced to life in prison. Their son is currently living with Dou Zhenyang's parents, and their life is very difficult.

Around 5:00 p.m. on March 15, 2005, a dozen officers from Division 1 broke into the home of a practitioner in Nankouqian Town, Qingyuan County and arrested practitioners Gai Xiuqin, Lu Guanglin and his wife, Lin Guilan, Lu Yan and Chen Guifeng. They took the practitioners to Division 1. They also confiscated all of their equipment, papers and 20,000 yuan. Lu Yan refused to cooperate with the perpetrators; she refused to answer questions and held a hunger strike. Four police officers took turns beating her. They handcuffed and shackled her while beating and shocking her with electric batons. They forcibly split her legs until she lost consciousness. Her face was deformed and swollen from the torture. The perpetrators pulled out a lot of her hair and she could not move half of her body. On March 22, practitioner Lu Guanglin was sent to the No. 1 Detention Center of Fushun City. The other four practitioners were sent to the No. 2 Detention Center of Fushun City. Practitioner Lu Yan was sentenced to prison after one month of detention.

Practitioner Zhou Shuyou worked at the Cangshi Train Station and lived in Sanjia Township, Qingyuan City. At 9:00 p.m. on March 21, Guan Yong and Chen Daqing from Division 1 of the Fushun City National Security Bureau arrested Zhou Shuyou and interrogated him at 8 p.m. on April 6. Police officers Guan Yong, Zhang Tao and others beat and shocked him with electric batons. They forcibly split Zhou Shuyou's legs and hit his private parts until his testicles were severely swollen and he could not walk. Mr. Zhou is suffering from severe lower back pain to this day. He was sentenced to three years of forced labor and is held at the Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp.

On March 19, 2005, practitioners Pei Dongzhi and her sister Pei Donghua from Nanzamu were arrested. The perpetrators were officers from Division 1 and local police. The practitioners were severely beaten on the spot. The perpetrators also took 600 yuan from the practitioners' mother. They also arrested practitioners Li Shumei and a practitioner surnamed Zhou.

At around 9:00 p.m. on March 24, officers from Division 1 from the Yaozhan Police Station in Qingyuan Town and from the National Security Bureau arrested practitioner Liu Zaijun, in his 30s from Lingnan. They also arrested another practitioner in Xiazhaizi.

At 7:30 on March 28, 2005, four officers from Division 1 arrested practitioner Gai Shurong and her daughter from Tonggou Village, Tukouzi Township in Qingyuan County. Later, they extorted 500 yuan from the practitioners' family before releasing them. Another two elderly female practitioners from Tukouzi Township were also arrested. Around 7:00 p.m. on March 30, the police drove three police cars to Tonggou Village, trying to arrest three other practitioners but the practitioners were not at home.

Between April 1 and April 3, 2005, two Dafa materials production sites in Haicheng and Gongnong in the Wanghua District, Fushun City were destroyed. Practitioner Liu Yumei was arrested and the police confiscated a lot of equipment.

On April 14, Division 1 and Qingyuan County Police Department officials dispatched 50 police cars and arrested 56 practitioners in Nankouqian Township, Qingyuan City. They individually interrogated the practitioners and beat them cruelly, including women and children. They beat the practitioners senselessly and then poured cold water on them. One female practitioner immediately lost consciousness and was rushed to the emergency room. She cannot take care of herself to this day. The police took over 1,000 yuan from practitioner Ma Xijun's home. During the interrogation, the drunken police officer savagely beat Ma Xijun and shocked her with electric batons until she lost consciousness. Within ten days Ma Xijun vomited and was on the brink of a nervous breakdown. She could not walk. The perpetrators told her family to take her home when she was at death's door and extorted 10,000 yuan from her family. Practitioner Gai Chunlin's family in Bawanggou Village was told of Gai Chunlin's death on May 6, 2005. While torturing the practitioners, the police said, "Do you know that we beat Wang Xiuxia to death?" They sent some practitioners to labor camps and some to Luotaishan Brainwashing Class. In the afternoon on April 18, police arrested practitioner Ms. Jing, an elderly woman from Qingyuan County.

On May 25, 2005, dozens of officers from Division 1 surrounded the temporary residence of practitioner Jiang Jie, who had left home to avoid persecution. They pounded on the door and pried it open. As of now, Jiang Jie and her family cannot return home. Her child is left uncared for and cannot go to school due to the persecution. Prior to the May 25 incident, the perpetrators from Division 1 twice arrested Jiang Jie's husband. The first time they detained him for 20 days, and the second time they detained him for two days.

On June 17, Hao, the head of Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department and group head Liu ordered six perpetrators, including Jiang from the Shuncheng District National Security Bureau, to arrest practitioner Zhao Jifan, a teacher at the Heping School. Without any due process, the police ransacked Zhao Jifan's home. Zhao Jifan is currently held at the Fushun City Detention Center.

Division 1 of the Fushun City Police Department and the National Security Bureau: 86-413-2625446, or main switchboard 86-413-2624451, then ask for Division 1 or the National Security Bureau

Guan Fei, head of Fushun City Police Department: 86-13941310016 (Cell), or main switchboard 86-413-2624451, then ask for Guan Fei

Ran Xiangchun, head of Division 1: 86-413-8830110, 86-413-2787381 (Office)

Hao Jianguang, male, head of the National Security Bureau: 86-13941341388 (Cell)

Hao Shifu, head of the National Security Bureau: 86-413-7645669 (Home)

Team head Yang: 86-13504235432 (Cell), 86-413-2786445 (Office)

Liu and Chen Feng: section heads

Guan Yong, guard at Division 1: 86-413-2787387 (Office), 86-13009251616 (Cell)

Police officers, Zhang Bin (or Zhang Jun) and Peng Yue: 86-13019653301 (Cell)

Police officers: Liu Minghe (or Liu Pinghe), Wang, Guan Lei, Zhang Tao, Xu Changqing, Chen Daqing, Ding Changtao, Yang and Zhang Guanyong