Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioners from Chongqing City Ms. Yuan Suxian Tortured to Death and Ms. Liu Fanqin Disabled

August 10, 2005 |   By Falun Dafa practitioner in Chongqing City

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Yuan Suxian was detained in the Dadukou District Detention Center in Chongqing City and was tortured to death on July 30, 2005. Details of her death are unclear, pending an investigation. Another Falun Dafa practitioner from Chongqing City Ms. Liu Fanqin has been also detained in the same detention center because she was involved in exposing the rape case of Ms. Wei Xingyan, a graduate student in Chongqing University. Her hands were badly injured during torture, and she has lost the use of her hands.

Ms. Yuan Suxian was about 65 years old. Her hometown was in Second Team, Seventh Village, Zhujia Commune, Yinshan Town, Zizhong City, Sichuan Province. She moved to Minzhu Village, Family Housing of Jiulongpo Construction Limited Corp. She had been serving a one-year sentence at forced labor in the Maojiashan Women's Labor Camp beginning in October of 2001. At the camp she endured numerous hardships. She was under close monitoring by the police after her release.

On January 28, 2005, Ms. Yuan Suxian and her fellow practitioner Ms. Fan Defang were both arrested by police from the Tiaodeng Town Station in Dadukou District and detained in the Dadukou District Detention Center. Their "crime" was that they picked up a flyer that clarified the truth about Falun Gong from the ground and asked some people about it.

Later the police obtained an arrest order and told them, "If you Falun Gong practitioners refuse to give us money, then we will torture you." Ms. Yuan and Ms. Fan both maintained their innocence. They appealed many times for their release to the prosecutor. The prosecutor, however, refused to listen to their appeals and even threatened to have them tortured to death.

These two ladies asked people to tell their families what happened to them and to seek legal counsel. They told their friends that in case something very bad happened to them, they must seek a fair and reliable authority for assistance. They also wrote to the Procuratorate regarding their case.

On July 29, 2005, Ms. Yuan was sent to the hospital when she started vomiting blood and mucous. She died the next day in the hospital.

Ms. Fan Defang is 74 years old. After her detention she was unable to stand and needed assistance even to get to the washroom. On August 1, 2005, the authorities at the detention center were afraid she might die in their custody, so they had her family take her home.

Another Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Fanqin is also detained in the Dadukou District Detention Center. She has been tortured to the point where her hands are paralyzed. She is unable to care for herself and take care of routine daily life. On June 27, 2003, Ms. Liu was tortured and hung up by her cuffed hands, dislocating her shoulders and damaging the nerves and tendons in her arms and shoulders. Her lower spine also was injured. She has been disabled in her hands since the torture. Police have tried unsuccessfully to send her to the Yongchuan Women's Prison. She is currently being held in the Dadukou District Detention Center.

Relevant phone numbers:

Tiaodengchang Police Station, Dadukou District, Chongqing City, 86-23-68535598
Dadukou District Police Department, Chongqing City, 86-23-68830238
Director of Police Dadukou District Department, Chongqing City Hua Yong (male) Policemen Li Ke (male), Huang Xiaoyue (female), Hu Bin (gender unknown), and Tan Xu (gender unknown), 86-812-2222417 or 86-812-2224459 or 86-812-2224774
Dadukou District Detention Center, Chongqing City, 86-23-68832427
Local zip code 400084