Latest News from China - March 28, 2005
- [Linyi City, Shandong Province] Wang Cuifang and Zhao Lixia Illegally Detained
- [Suizhou City, Hubei Province] Wang Duanfeng Arrested
- [Hubei Province] Liao Yuanhua Facing Sentence for Revealing Torture and Persecution
- [Heilongjiang Province] Li Guoyou from Harbin Institute of Technology Detained at Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Jinzhong City, Shanxi Province] Wang Shuangchun Arrested by Police
- [Panshi, Jilin Province] Han Shuyun, Feng Hui, and Yang Lihong from Mingcheng County Arrested for Clarifying the Truth
- [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Chen Jiansheng Arrested for Distributing Truth Clarification Materials
- [Shaanxi Province] Yang Qiaoli from Tongchuan Mine Arrested and Her Family was Harassed
- [Shaanxi Province] Li Yanfang Arrested and Her Family was Threatened and Harassed by Police
- [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Zhang Jie, Wang Jiali, and Sun Dejun Arrested at Home
- [Shanghai] Pei Shanzhen and Xing Miaoxiu Illegally Arrested
- [Guizhou Province] Wu Mingju and Others Arrested by Guiyang Police
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Wang Hua and Three Other Practitioners Detained at Pulandian Detention Center
- [Yongzhou City, Hunan Province] Yu Dongdong and Lu Jinzhi Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor Camp
1. [Linyi City, Shandong Province] Wang Cuifang and Zhao Lixia Illegally Detained
Ms. Zhao Lixia from Junan County, Linyi City was arrested at home in the afternoon of March 8, 2005, and is now being held at the detention center. She went on a hunger strike to protest, and her health is now in poor condition.
Ms. Wang Cuifang, 57, living at a Linshu County Transfer Bureau residence, was arrested and sent to forced labor camp for distributing truth clarification materials in 2002. Her sentence to forced labor camp was to go through March 2005, but the 610 Office did not allow her release because she would not give up her belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance." Instead, they transferred her to the 610 Office brainwashing center and continued holding her there.
Wu Changli, Party Secretary in Politics and Law, Linshu County: 86-539-6211626, 86-539-6213696, 86-13869966699 (Cell)
610 Office: 86-539-6231610
Liu Yuhong, 610 Office Director: 86-539-6205336, 86-539-6212236, 86-13905397758 (Cell)
Lin Qinshan, Head of Police Station: 86-539-6232786, 86-539-6232866, 86-13805499666 (Cell)
610 Office of Junan County, Linyi City: 86-539-7220334
Sun Xike, 610 Office Director: 86-539-7220334 (Office), 86-539-7212755 (Home), 86-13969916663 (Cell)
2. [Suizhou City, Hubei Province] Wang Duanfeng Arrested
Mr. Wang Duanfeng, 28, from Shangshi Town, Suizhou City, Hubei Province, living in the residence of Chile Corporation in Suizhou City, was arrested in Lengjiawan, Suizhou City and sent to Shayang Forced Labor Camp.
3. [Hubei Province] Liao Yuanhua Facing Sentence for Revealing Torture and Persecution
After the photos of the torture of Mr. Liao Yuanhua at Fanjiatai Prison, Shayang, Hubei Province were made public, the case of Liao Yuanhua became one of the focal points of the Public Security Department in Beijing. The Hubei Provincial Police Bureau assigned a particular person to be in charge of the case in Wuxue City. Liao Yuanhua, Ms. Shi Liping, Yu Jibing, Mr. Yu Shaojun, Ms. Wu Yonghong, Mr. Zhu Jianxun, Ms. Wu Yaqin, and two other practitioners were arrested. They were sent to the 610 Office brainwashing center, and each was charged 6,000 yuan per month. They are now detained at the No. 1 Detention Center of Wuxue City. The 610 Office of Wuxue City and the spies of the Security Department are about to send them to court with fabricated charges.
4. [Heilongjiang Province] Li Guoyou from Harbin Institute of Technology Detained at Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Li Guoyou from the Harbin Institute of Technology was detained and persecuted at Daoli Police Station for half a year. He was transferred to Wanjia Forced Labor Camp on March 25, 2005.
5. [Jinzhong City, Shanxi Province] Wang Shuangchun Arrested by Police
Mr. Wang Shuangchun, about 44 years old, was arrested by Jinzhong Police in Shanxi Province. He is now detained at Jinzhong Detention Center.
6. [Panshi, Jilin Province] Han Shuyun, Feng Hui, and Yang Lihong from Mingcheng County Arrested for Clarifying the Truth
On the evening of March 1, 2005, some practitioners from Gucheng Village, Mingcheng Township, Panshi City, Jilin Province went to Chengde Village, Yantongshan Township to clarify the truth and distribute literature. Yantongshan Police arrested 39-year-old Ms. Han Shuyun, Mr. Feng Hui, and his wife Ms. Yang Lihong on the spot. Six policemen were dispatched to search the homes of the three practitioners, including the home of Han Shuyun's parents-in-law, who are also practitioners. The police took away their Dafa books and materials and 4,000 yuan, though the family managed to get the money back the next day. The three practitioners are now detained at Dongshan Detention Center in Panshi City.
Han Shuyun's husband has been forced to be homeless for the past several years. She is the only person who can work in the field to support the family's young children and elderly parents-in-law.
Relevant phone numbers:
Head Office, Panshi Police Station: 86-432-5223283, 86-432-5223505, 86-432-5223941
Liang Hongming, Head of Yantongshan Police Station: 86-432-5812340
Detention Center in Panshi City: 86-432-5224435, 86-432-5223371
7. [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Chen Jiansheng Arrested for Distributing Truth Clarification Materials
Mr. Yang Jiansheng was arrested while distributing truth clarification VCDs on Dongda Street in Xi'an City by policemen from Beilin District. His home was searched and his computer was seized. Yang Jiansheng was sentenced to imprisonment for a year and a half, and is now detained at Zaozihe Forced Labor Camp.
8. [Shaanxi Province] Yang Qiaoli from Tongchuan Mine Company Arrested and Her Family was Harassed
After searching her home and finding some truth clarification materials, police arrested Ms. Yang Qiaoli along with her father-in-law and her brother-in-law. Her relatives were also harassed and their homes searched. Although her father-in-law and brother-in-law were released three days later, Yang Qiaoli's mother-in-law died due to the shock. Yang Qiaoli is still detained, and her one-year-old is being taken care of by a relative.
9. [Shaanxi Province] Li Yanfang Arrested and Her Family Threatened and Harassed by Police
On January 21, 2005, Ms. Li Yanfang was arrested for spraying words about Falun Dafa on a wall. She is now on a hunger strike and being held in Ankang Hospital, which is a mental hospital. Her family was extorted out of 2,000 yuan when they came to get her, even though the police had promised them that they could take her home. Her family was also threatened and harassed.
10. [Xi'an, Shaanxi Province] Zhang Jie, Wang Jiali, and Sun Dejun Arrested at Home
At about noon on March 9, 2005, some Beilin District policemen knocked at Ms. Zhang Jie's door when practitioners Ms. Wang Jiali and Ms. Sun Dejun were at her home. After seeing that they would not open the door, the police broke the door down and confiscated Dafa books, a computer, a printer, a copier, and other valuables. The three practitioners were abducted.
Ms. Zhang Jie had earlier been sentenced two years in forced labor camp because she went to Beijing to appeal in January 2001. She was again arrested, after being released from the forced labor camp for only one month following an earlier 3-month detention. She was also held in the brainwashing center in October 2003 for 6 months.
Ms. Wang Jiali was arrested because she went to Beijing to appeal at the end of 2000 and was detained for a few months. She was also persecuted at a brainwashing center in 2003. Police often harassed her and searched her home.
Ms. Sun Dejun was forced into a homeless situation for nearly two years because she went to Beijing to appeal. Later she was arrested and detained at Lianhu District Detention Center for a few months, and then sent to a brainwashing center. She has been harassed by police many times.
11. [Shanghai] Pei Shanzhen and Xing Miaoxiu Illegally Arrested
Ms. Pei Shanzhen was sentenced two years in forced labor camp. When she was released, she published some articles on the Minghui/Clearwisdom website about the torture she suffered at the Qingpu Women's Labor Camp in Shanghai. The local policemen followed her when she was distributing truth clarification materials and arrested her, and then sent her to a forced labor camp to be tortured without any legal procedure.
Ms. Xing Miaoxiu, 64, was once arrested and sent to a brainwashing center. The police broke her ribs in the center. On the afternoon of March 24, 2005, Xing Miaoxiu was kidnapped by Yanji policemen of Yangpu District and Nanhui policemen of Putong District. Her home was searched, and her cell phone and books were taken away. Her current situation is unknown.
12. [Guizhou Province] Wu Mingju and Others Arrested by Guiyang Police
In the period between January 27 to February 2, 2005, Guiyang City Police and Fenggang County Police arrested Mr. Yuan, Ms. Wu Mingju, Ms. Chen Jingsu, Ouyang Yiming, and other practitioners. They are now being detained at No. 2 Detention Center of Zunyi City and have been denied any visitors or lawyers.
13. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Wang Hua and Three Other Practitioners Detained at Pulandian Detention Center
On the way back from distributing truth clarification materials in Pulandian, Wang Hua, Liu Jun, Ms. Yu Xiangying, and Chen were arrested and detained at the Pulandian Detention Center.
14. [Yongzhou City, Hunan Province] Yue Dongdong and Lu Jinzhi Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor Camp
Yue Dongdong was arrested and sentenced to nine years at a forced labor camp for making truth clarification VCDs and hanging Dafa banners in 2003. Ms. Lu Xiuzhi was arrested and sentenced to one year at forced labor camp for clarifying the truth to people in 2004.
Relevant phone numbers:
Chen Jianwei, 610 Office of Zhishan District, Yongzhou City, Hunan Province: 86-746-6330764
Tang Mingxi: 86-746-6330769