Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Five Falun Dafa Practitioners Die as a Result of Persecution

April 06, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Yu Guizhi, 67, lived in Nanhushe District, Changchun City, Jilin Province. She had retired from her job at Tiebei Prison. In March 1996, Ms. Yu began Falun Dafa cultivation, after which all of her illnesses disappeared. She had suffered from nerve pain, lung disease that resulted in partial lung excision, and other illnesses. In 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. The Nanhushe District local police station arrested her in Beijing, escorted her back, and detained her for 15 days. After that, local persecutors in Nanhu Police Station and the Luyuan 610 Office came to her home and harassed her many times. The harassment caused a relapse of her old diseases, and Ms. Yu died on July 7, 2004.

Ms. Wang Xiuling was a 63-year-old resident from Liangshan Village, Hengdaohe Town, Dongfeng County, Jilin Province. She suffered from many kinds of illnesses, including severe heart disease. All the illnesses disappeared after she started Falun Dafa cultivation. After July 1999, when the persecution began, some persecutors put Ms. Wang through mental torture, which resulted in a relapse of her heart disease. She died in October 2004.

Ms. Wang Zuanlang, 58, resided in Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. After July 1999, she was arrested many times. She was taken to brainwashing centers and threatened, harassed, and monitored at home. The persecutors seriously harmed her physically and mentally. She died on the night of March 19, 2005.

Mr. Wei Shukao, 48, was a resident of Zhuanghuotou Village, Mucun Town, Shenzhou City, Hebei Province. Before the persecution started, there was a practice site at Mr. Wei's home, where over 20 practitioners practiced together. After July 20, 1999, Mr. Wei went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa. He was arrested on his way to Beijing and escorted back to his hometown by the authorities. The local township 610 Office staff, including Wang Daguang and his followers, extorted 500 yuan from Mr. Wei. Later, police from the city and town police stations went to his home and harassed him many times. Under the pressure, Mr. Wei wrote a guarantee statement against his will, promising not to practice Falun Gong. Mr. Wei deeply regretted writing the statement against his conscience and suffered a great deal mentally. He died from liver cancer in February 2003.

Mr. Guo Shanxiu, 84, enjoyed good health after starting Falun Dafa cultivation in 1996. Because her daughter persisted in her belief in Falun Dafa, the police and some local government officials detained her for over 240 days. The persecutors also extorted over 10,000 yuan from her. The incident deeply shocked Mr. Guo Shanxiu. He began to suffer from heart disease and died in July 2002.