Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Fourteen Practitioners in China Passed Away As a Result of Long-term Persecution

April 06, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Jiang Xiuting was from Wu Village, Hezhai Town, Guangtao County, Handan area of Hebei Province. She used to suffer from various ailments, including gastroptosis. Her stomach sagged as many as ten centimeters, causing her to stoop. After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1998, all of her ailments were cured. After 1999, when Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong, her whole family was affected. Her son was sentenced to one year in the Handan Labor Camp and her daughter was detained for half a month for appealing to the government in Beijing. During that period, her daughter-in-law refused to care for her. She even abused her and asked her to leave home. Ms. Jiang Xiuting was treated as if she were a beggar. Her son was once again arrested on May 18, 2002 after being released from the labor camp, and was illegally sentenced to jail. Affected by that loss and the continued harassment, she passed away on July 18, 2001.

Ms. Xi Zhaolin was sixty-six years old. She was a retired official from Taiyuan City and worked at the Xishan Mine Corporation in Shanxi Province. After she started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998, all of her diseases were cured. After July 20, 1999 when the persecution of Falun Gong started, the local community, the security office and her work place repeatedly sent people to harass and threaten her and to force her to give up her belief. Her work place threatened her with the suspension of her retirement pension if she did not renounce Falun Gong. They demanded that she to write a guarantee statement promising not to practice again. Under the pressure of repeated torment and harassment, she became extremely weak. She passed away on September 19, 2003.

Mr. Zhang Kun was seventy-eight years old. He was a retired official from Chifeng City in Inner Mongolia. After practicing Falun Gong, all of his diseases were cured. In 2001, his son was illegally sentenced to a labor camp for distributing truth-clarification materials. The police repeatedly went to their house to harass them and ransack their home. He was severely distressed mentally and physically from the unrelenting harassment. He passed away on August 24, 2004 (on the lunar calendar).

Ms. Du Ruizhen was sixty-two years old. She was from Yangjiafu Village, Hanting Town, Weifang City in Shandong Province. She and her husband both practiced Falun Gong, and all of their diseases were cured. In December of 2001, they were reported while distributing truth-clarification materials at a fair. On December 25, 2001, the local security office and 610 Office ransacked their house. They took away all their Dafa books and truth materials, cash, a TV set and a tape recorder. They also took her husband to a detention center. Unable to endure the threats and torment, Ms. Du passed away on February 25, 2002.

Mr. Wang Xincan, sixty-four year old, worked at the Weifang City Hanting area cotton oil refinery factory in Shandong Province. After starting to practice Falun Gong in July of 1997, he became healthy and contented. After July 20, 1999, his wife went to Beijing to appeal to the government and validate Dafa a number of times. As a result, the local security office and the 610 Office repeatedly harassed and threatened him. Within a few years, they confiscated large sums of money and much of their personal property. They lived in constant fear. Unable to withstand the unrelenting pressure, Mr. Wang's old ailments recurred, and he passed away on April 25, 2004.

Mr. Li Guangdong was sixty-five years old. He was from Zhangqiao Village, Luocheng Town, Shouguang City in Shandong Province. All eight family members practiced Falun Gong and benefited greatly from the practice. They all became healthy and lived happily and harmoniously. Since July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime has been persecuting Falun Gong. Because of validating Dafa, his sons Li Yiming and Li Yichang were sentenced to twelve and eight years respectively in the Jinan Men's Prison. His daughter-in-law Ms. Ning Xiuying was forced to leave home to escape the relentless harassment by the police, leaving behind her twelve-year-old daughter and him. Under such a devastating situation, Mr. Li passed away in late June of 2004.

Mr. Xue Fengqi was seven-two years old. He was from Yushu City, Jilin Province. In September of 2002, he went to Beijing to validate Dafa, and the police in Tiananmen Square arrested him. They later sent him to Changchun City's liaison office in Beijing. The Yushu public security bureau brought him back from Beijing and detained him for three days. They also extorted 4,000 Yuan from him. Mr. Xue could not handle the never-ending harassment and threats and passed away on October 20, 2004.

Ms. Peng Zhanrong was fifty-four years old. She was from Yushu City, Jilin Province. After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, all of her diseases were cured. After July 20, 1999, the police constantly harassed her and ransacked her home. Her husband and daughter-in-law were sentenced to a labor camp. She lived in constant fear and worry. As a result, her diseases recurred and she had a seizure. She passed away on February 12, 2002.

Ms. Guo Hongqing was sixty-one years old. She was from Jishu Town, Shulan City in Jilin Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in May of 1996. Soon thereafter, all of her diseases were cured. After July 20, 1999, when Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong, the police repeatedly went to her house to harass and threaten her. In October of 2000, policemen Zhang Yong and Yan Bo forcibly took away twenty-one exercise tapes and lecture videos. She was devastated. Ms. Guo left home to avoid the continued harassment and persecution. She passed away on October 23, 2001.

Mr. Yang Zhenjia was sixty-nine years old. He was from Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. Since he started to practice Falun Gong in 1994, all of his diseases were cured. His whole family also started practicing. After 1999 the public security police repeatedly harassed and threatened him, ransacked his house and arrested his family members. His two daughters were illegally detained. His wife and son were sentenced. All of these events caused tremendous injury to him both mentally and physically. He passed away on April 21, 2002.

Ms. Liu Guiqin was seventy-three years old. She was from the Hulan District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. She benefited mentally and physically after she started practicing Falun Gong. After the persecution started, the police and the head of the residential committee repeatedly harassed and threatened her. She passed away on December 31, 2004.

Mr. Kong Zhaoshu was sixty-four years old. She was from Dalian City, Liaoning Province. She used to suffer from serious heart disease and had been hospitalized twice. She had a major heart surgery in 1992. Even after taking six or seven kinds of medicine each day, she still had serious symptoms: she had cyanosis, and she had to rest after taking only a few steps. After she started practicing Falun Gong in 1996, she studied the Fa and practiced the exercises every day. In less than one month, she completely recovered and no longer took any medication. In September of 2000, after Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong, she went to Beijing to validate Dafa. She was arrested in Dalian City and was later sent to the Dalian rehabilitation center, where she was tortured. Afterwards the Bayi road security office sent her to the Yaojia detention center. She was detained there for over one month, and they extorted 7,000 Yuan from her. Because she was forced to stop studying the Fa and practicing the exercises, her heart symptoms recurred. She passed away in September of 2004.

Ms. Zou Fengxia, sixty-four years old, was a retired medical staff member from Liudaojiang Town's Daoqing Mine in Baishan City, Jilin Province. She used to suffer from myocardial infarction. Many times her condition became critical and she required resuscitation. After she started practicing Falun Gong, her disease was cured without any medical treatment. In June of 2002, the police from the Liudaojiang security office arrested her and detained her for eight days. Afterwards she was under constant surveillance, followed and threatened, causing her enormous grief, fear and pressure. She passed away in November of 2004. At present, her husband Dr. Hao, who also practices Falun Gong, is also in critical condition.

Ms. Wu Shicui was a practitioner from Majing Town, Shifang City, Sichuan Province. In 2004, after being in prison for over two years, she finally returned home and started having symptoms of renal insufficiency. She passed away in early spring of 2005 after being hospitalized for several months.