Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Nine Falun Gong Practitioners Persecuted to Death

April 23, 2005 |  


Ms. Liu Yilin was born in Wuhan City, Hubei Province. In 1997 she learned Falun Dafa, and before long all of her illnesses (which doctors had been unable to cure), simply disappeared. After the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, Ms. Liu traveled to Beijing to appeal in 2000. She was illegally arrested by police at the train station and sent first to a brainwashing class, and then to a detention center. She was detained for a total of about ten months. After her release in 2001, she was continually harassed by the authorities because she persisted in practicing Falun Gong. The stress of the prolonged persecution finally caused her old illnesses to resurface, and Ms. Liu passed away on March 16, 2005 at the age of 57.

Mr. Zhang Wenge, born in Xinbin County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province, once suffered from numerous illnesses including diabetes. After learning Falun Dafa, he became healthy. When the persecution started in 1999, Mr. Zhang went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa and was twice put into a detention center. The persecution he suffered while in detention took a heavy toll on his mind and body, and eventually all of his old illnesses returned. On March 18, 2005, he passed away, only 56 years old.

Mr. Wang Xianglin lived in Dianxinzi Village, Gounaidian Town, Qingyuan County of Liaoning Province. He once suffered from a host of illnesses but became healthy after learning Falun Dafa in 1998. When the persecution started he went to Beijing to appeal and tell people the facts about Falun Gong, but he was arrested for his appeals and detained in a labor camp for several months. The persecution he suffered there devastated him mentally. His home was also ransacked by some Chinese officials. On March 13, 2005 he passed away.

Ms. Li Shulin used to work in Zhuolu Coal Mine in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province. She had been cultivating Falun Dafa for many years and was in perfect physical health. In May 2002 she was illegally arrested by the party vice secretary and the police station chief of the coal mine, and sent to a brainwashing class conducted by her employer. The violence she suffered, combined with the dark, damp environment of the brainwashing class, caused blood to appear in her urine. Her husband, who did not practice, forbade her from cultivating after her release. Eventually one of her kidneys failed and she was forced to have an operation, from which she never recovered. She passed away in August 2004 at the age of 40.

Mr. Ma Jianshun was 46 years old. He lived in Dongjia Village, Daotou Town, Zhaoyuan City in Shandong Province. He went to Beijing twice to appeal after July 20, 1999, and was detained, fined or imprisoned several times. On February 6, 2002 (of the Chinese Lunar calendar), he was abducted and forced to go to a brainwashing class. The detention greatly traumatized him both physically and mentally. He died in June of 2003.

Ms. Zhang Shuxian was from Desu Village, Jianping County, Liaoning Province. At 61 years old, she had been living on medication for over 20 years and was not able to take care of herself. In 1997 she began cultivating Falun Dafa and all of her illnesses went away. When the persecution began, the police repeatedly went to her house to hassle her. The police threatened her and used extortion to get 200 yuan. When her daughter was arrested for the second time, she was deeply traumatized. She died at 61 years of age on February 2, 2003 of the Chinese lunar calendar.

Ms. Yu Kun was 80 years old and lived at Yongxin Molding Company in Guiyang City, Guizhou Province. She used to have severe asthma and hypertension, but after she began practicing Falun Dafa in 1998, all of her illnesses went away. Ms. Yu was greatly traumatized when her daughter was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. The president of the molding company, Wu Miaolan, along with others, used to harass her often. The stress caused the asthma and hypertension to return. She passed away on November 5, 2002.

Mr. Li Ziheng was an elderly gentleman who had moved from Taiwan to China in 1997 to live with his daughter. His daughter was a practitioner of Falun Dafa, and he began to cultivate too. Mr. Li had relied on medication for over forty years and had all sorts of chronic illnesses. But after only a few days of practicing Falun Gong, they were all gone. In 2002, the local police harassed Mr. Li's household many times. They arrested his daughter in February 2002. That summer, she was put into a brainwashing class. The elderly man grieved for his daughter and was frightened to be left alone. He was 81 years old when he passed away on January 18, 2001.

Mr. Wang Yuqing was 57 years old. He used to live in Harbin City. Mr. Wang learned Falun Dafa in 1997 when he found that he had a serious illness. According to his son-in-law, his disease was supposed to be incurable, but Mr. Wang recovered very quickly through genuine cultivation. After Jiang's regime began persecuting Falun Gong, Mr. Wang's wife became afraid and tried to stop him from doing the exercises and studying Dafa. She fought with him every day, and even reported to the police station about practitioners who tried to contact him. As a result, Wang was isolated and found it very difficult to do the exercises or study the Fa. On June 1, 2004, he suddenly collapsed when he was on a business trip in Dalian City. The hospital found that he was suffering from lung cancer in its terminal phase. On the same day Wang's legs suddenly became immobile. The hospital said that no medical treatment could help and gave him two months to live.

When Wang returned to Harbin, he went to see many doctors, but none of them could do anything useful. Then he thought of Falun Gong. This time his wife witnessed the miraculous power of Dafa and was moved by the devotion of his fellow practitioners sending forth righteous thoughts and saving his life. Wang defied the doctor's predictions of only two months to live. His life was extended for half a year, but eventually Wang was unable to escape from the tribulation and died on January 17, 2005. Wang's wife has suffered terribly since her husband's death. She is a practitioner now, and deeply regrets her past behavior toward her husband, as well as her failure to learn Falun Dafa earlier.