Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Three Practitioners, Ms. Zhao Shufan, Ms. Zhang Yaqin, and Mr. Zhang Shuzhu, Passed Away with Great Sadness

April 13, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhao Shufan, 75 years old, was from the Tang's Village, Baimashi Town, Lianshan district, Huludao City, Liaoning Province. She started to practice Falun Dafa in August 1996. Consequently, without the aid of medicine, she recovered from the bronchitis that had tormented her for more than 50 years. Her fellow villagers, upon seeing the great changes in her after she started practicing, also started to practice Falun Gong one after another. More than 30 people started to practice Falun Dafa and she established a Fa study group at her home. After July 20, 1999, the day Jiang Zemin's regime launched the persecution against Falun Gong, the elderly lady, together with her second son, went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. At the Tianjin Bus Station the police demanded that they abuse the founder of Falun Gong. They refused to do so and, consequently, were escorted back to Huludao City where they were detained in a detention center. Later, she and her second son were each sentenced to three years of forced labor. In the meantime, policemen extorted 5,000 yuan from them. After she was finally released and came home, Ms. Zhao felt highly oppressed. The condition persisted for such a long time that she started to suffer from various diseases. She died with great sadness on December 25, 2004.

Ms. Zhang Yaqin, 34 years old, was from the Chengguan Town, Jiayu County, Hubei Province. She had suffered from severe tuberculosis before she started practicing Falun Gong. After she started to practice Falun Dafa in 1996, she became healthy both physically and mentally and became younger and more beautiful. On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Gong. However, many new practitioners steadfastly continued to practice because they were influenced by her persistence. In 2001, together with several fellow practitioners, Ms. Zhang went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. On the way, someone reported them to the police and they were escorted back to their hometown. Not long after she was detained illegally, she and another Dafa practitioner, using their wisdom, safely escaped from the detention center. After that, Ms. Zhang became homeless in order to avoid being arrested from home. Although she was homeless, she still compassionately tried to persuade practitioners who had the attachment of being afraid to go outside to tell people the facts about the persecution. Because she remained homeless for such a long time, Ms. Zhang lost her stable cultivation environment. The three members of her family were separated and lived in three different places (her husband was doing manual work in Guangdong Province). The local police searched for Zhang Yaqin and frequently went to her home to threaten and force her family members to reveal her hiding place. Even her child was bullied at school. The persecution hurt Ms. Zhang very badly, both physically and mentally, which caused a recurrence of her old diseases. She passed away in the midst of grief and sadness due to the persecution, only several days after she returned home in late April 2002.

Mr. Sun Shuzhu, 55 years old, was a retired worker from Longquan Town, Muping County, Shandong Province. He started to practice Falun Dafa in 1997 and did the Falun Gong exercises with his wife. After July 20, 1999, the local government detained his wife many times, often ransacked his home and harassed his family. In the past several years Mr. Sun was constantly harassment without even one minute of peace. It greatly affected him that he had no way to lead a normal life. Sun Shuzhu passed away on March 1, 2005, under a burden of tremendous sorrow.