Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Information on Five Dafa Practitioners Who Died as a Result of the Persecution

April 11, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zheng Chengkui was eighty years old and retired. She lived in Wujiaohua Dormitory, Huaihuawanlin County, Hunan Province. In October 2000, Ms. Zheng went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and was arrested and escorted back home. She was arrested again in 2002 for passing out truth clarification materials in Chouhuakou. The Wanlin County police raided her home, confiscated her personal property, and detained her for three months. The police continued harassing Ms. Zheng after her release. The authorities also ordered her children to confine their mother at home and force her to take unnecessary medicines. Ms. Zheng Chengkui passed away in May 2004, as a result of the relentless persecution.

Ms. Wang Shufen, from Dongguanshang Village, Zhangfang Town, Fangshan District, Beijing, began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. After two years, all of her previous illnesses disappeared. Ms. Wang has been diligent in cultivation and truth clarification. She went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, and police from Nanshang Station arrested her and escorted her back home. They took her to a local brainwashing class. There, Ms. Wang was forced to write a Guarantee Statement against her conscience. However, she diligently continued her cultivation practice after her release. A neighbor reported her to the police. Wang Shufen was sent to her parents' home in the mountains, where the police further persecuted her. Ms. Wang passed away in 2002 from the persecution.

Ms. Zhang Qifeng, sixty-four years old, lived in Haerbin City, Helongjiang Province. She was arrested in November 2000 for appealing for Falun Dafa on Tiananmen Square. The police detained her in the Harbin Detention Center. Ms. Zhang showed symptoms of a nervous breakdown and was later released to seek medical attention. The police continued to threaten and harass her at her home. In March 2001, Ms. Zhang was hospitalized again for symptoms of a nervous breakdown. The police went to the hospital and threatened to arrest Zhang Qifeng's son, who also practices Falun Dafa. Ms. Zhang was released from the hospital and passed away on April 11, 2001.

Ms. Wang Changzhou, age seventy, retired from the Forestry Bureau and lived in Baishan City, Jilin Province. In January 2000, she was detained for 15 days for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. Ms. Wang developed leukemia and passed away in June 2004.

Mr. Pu Quanguan, sixty-eight, lived on Gutian Road, Huhan City, Hubei Province. Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, the police have harassed and threatened him at his home many times and confiscated his personal documents. His wife was arrested and taken to a brainwashing class after coming back from appealing for Dafa in Beijing. Mr. Pu gave up Falun Dafa due to the persecution. He passed away on October 15, 2000.