Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Five Falun Gong Practitioners in Mainland China Died as a Result of Intense Persecution

March 31, 2005 |  


Ms. Li Shuxia, 66, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Zhaoyang City, Liaoning Province. For years the local police and the CCP Committee members from her village had been repeatedly harassing and threatening her. Her son and daughter-in-law peacefully and legally appealed for the right to practice Falun Gong. For doing this they were illegally detained for an inordinately long time, the authorities searched their house without a legal warrant and confiscated their property, and they were cruelly persecuted and tortured. Her second daughter was repeatedly harassed, her house was searched without a warrant, and her property was confiscated, too. Ms. Li suffered immensely both physically and mentally as a result of the prolonged harassment. She passed away on September 21, 2003.

Mr. Zhou Chengshan, 60, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Shangpukou Village, Beichen District, Tianjin City. In the spring of 1998, he started to practice Falun Gong. He quickly recovered from the symptoms of uremia (1), and his health improved to the point where he could do some physical work. Because the police repeatedly harassed and threatened him after July 20, 1999, his disease recurred, and he passed away in August 2002.

Mr. Jiang Yongqin, 77, was a Falun Gong practitioner in the third area of Zhenxi Village, Yongji County, Jilin Province. He and his daughter started practicing Falun Gong in 1999. After he started practicing Falun Gong, he effortlessly recovered from all of his health problems, including illnesses in his prostate and stomach. In December 2000, his daughter peacefully and legally appealed in Beijing for the right to practice Falun Gong. The local police arrested her and sentenced her to one year in a labor camp. Mr. Jiang lived with his daughter at the time, and he couldn't endure the agony of losing her. His previous diseases relapsed and he suffered a cerebral hemorrhage as well. Several days later, on January 7, 2001, he passed away.

Ms. Liu Yuzhen, 61, was a Falun Gong practitioner in the Liuchen Administrative Village, Fengtang Town, Huaiyang County, Henan Province. Since she practiced Falun Gong, the local officials illegally detained her in the Huaiyang County Detention Center for 3 months in 2002. They also extorted 2000 yuan in fines from her. After she was released, her family members watched her all day long every day and forbade her from practicing Falun Gong. Her son even threw her Dafa book in a well. Ms. Liu suffered so much from the intensive psychological stress that her health was affected. She passed away on January 20 of the Chinese lunar calendar in 2005.

Mr. Liu Jingyong, 59, was a Falun Gong practitioner in the Liuchen Administrative Village, Fengtang Town, Huaiyang County, Henan Province. He was a former agriculture technician in Fengtang Town. Because he practiced Falun Gong, in 2001 local officials repeatedly searched his house without a warrant, confiscated his property, and extorted a lot of money from him in fines. His wife was illegally detained in prison at that time. When she was released, she couldn't go back home, fearing further persecution because their house was illegally searched, and they decided to live outside in a kale field. As the local policemen always harassed them, they then decided to live in a farmland of flowers. Nevertheless, the local policemen repeatedly found and arrested them, so to avoid recapture, they had to become homeless and go from place to place. Since Mr. Liu suffered greatly from the intense psychological stress, he passed away on December 4 of Chinese lunar calendar, 2001.

(1) Uremia, A toxic condition associated with renal insufficiency produced by the retention in the blood of nitrogenous substances normally excreted by the kidney. Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, 18th Edition

March 17, 2005