Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

After Suffering Severe Persecution, Ms. Zhou Liangzhen Has Died Under Suspicious Circumstances at the Chongqing City Armed Police Hospital

March 30, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhou Liangzhen, 51 years old, lived in Danzishi, the Nan'an District, Chongqing City. On March 5, 2004 she was arrested and taken to Chongqing City Women's Forced Labor Camp by the police. She was not sent home until she was at the brink of death. On February 28, 2005, Zhou Liangzhen died as a result of persecution at the Chongqing City Armed Police Hospital.

On March 5, 2004, while Zhou Liangzhen was on her way to copy one of Master's articles, she was arrested by officers from the Nan'an District Longmenhao Police Station. The police incarcerated her in the Nan'an District Detention Center and illegally searched her home. All the Falun Gong books and over 4,000 yuan cash in her home were taken away. Half a month later, Longmenhao Police Station personnel, together with the officers from the Nan'an District Police Department sent her to Chongqing City Women's Forced Labor Camp for two years of forced labor.

In the labor camp, Zhou Liangzhen suffered brutal persecution. Several female prisoners monitored her. She was forced to stand for over twelve hours daily. Ms. Zhou was not allowed to use the toilet for 11 days. During very hot days, the criminals put sweaters and a thick cotton coat on her, then dragged her outside under the sun and forced her stand there. Her clothes were soaked through with sweat from the heat. But however cruelly the villains tortured her, she always said, "I'm innocent! It is you who are committing crimes!" The labor camp authorities did not send her back home until the guards and the prisoners had tortured her to the brink of death.

After her return home, she could not even raise her head and her whole body was swollen. Before the Chinese New Year, fellow practitioners went to see her and read Master's lectures to her. With the help of fellow practitioners she was able to lift her head; the swelling on her face became less, and the swelling on her body also improved. However, she could not walk due to the edema in her legs and the pain in her feet.

On February 23, 2005, Zhou Liangzhen's son asked someone to carry her to Chongqing Armed Police Hospital for medical treatment. No illness was diagnosed. The doctor said it was malnutrition and exhaustion of her organs. On the afternoon of February 25, when two of her relatives went to see her, they talked with her for a while, and she even had a bowl of rice gruel. After the meal, the doctor forcefully gave her a blood transfusion. Less than half an hour later her life was in peril and she had difficulty breathing. The doctor then gave her an injection.

The next morning three of her relatives went to the hospital again to see her. They saw the officers from the Danzishi Police Station in the Nan'an District, Chongqing City outside her room. By this time Zhou Liangzhen could no longer speak, nor could she even drink. Her eyes were severely swollen and she had great difficulty breathing. Her relatives asked the doctor, "Yesterday this patient was still able to talk; why can't she talk now after you gave her an injection?" The doctor in charge said, "We injected her with a sedative. The amount was a bit more, and we still have not used up all of it." This doctor realized that his speech had been careless. When Zhou Liangzhen's son came to the hospital in the afternoon, the same doctor totally denied that they had given her an injection and said, "A patient in her condition would not have been given a sedative. If she were, she may not be able to wake up and she could die."

After Zhou Liangzhen's life became endangered, the doctors did not take any action to perform emergency care on her. As a result, she died at about 2:00 p.m. on February 28.

March 26, 2005