Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Liu Liangmin, Ms. Chen Shurong, Mr. Li Quzhu, Ms. Gu Xiuhua, and Mr. Zhang Lei Died Due to Persecution

March 29, 2005 |  

(Clearwidom.net) Mr. Liu Liangmin, 60, was from Jiayanzhuang, Woluogu Town, Yutian County, Hebei Province. He was a deputy director of the town before he obtained Falun Dafa. Because they persisted in their practice of Falun Dafa, on July 20, 1999, he and his wife were detained for more than six months by the Yutian County 610 Office, the Police Bureau, and the detention center. During his detention, police officers shocked him simultaneously with four electric batons. He was locked in a metal cage for fifteen days, which was too small to allow one to stand upright. He was not allowed to sleep, and sometimes he was not even allowed to eat. Under this brutal torture, Liu Liangmin finally died in 2002.

Ms. Chen Shurong, 66, was a resident of Mangui Town, Genhe City, Inner Mongolia. She started Falun Dafa cultivation in 1998 and her multiple illnesses disappeared and she became very healthy. In April 2001, police arrested her when she went to a Fa-conference in another town. She was detained and was forced to pay a fine of 500 yuan. In November 2001, someone reported her to the police while she was distributing truth-clarification materials. She was arrested, but her family members rescued her. In 2004, she was arrested again when she was studying Falun Dafa with other practitioners. She was detained for five days. Due to the constant harassment and persecution, she suffered immensely, both physically and mentally, and passed away.

Mr. Li Quzhu, 51, was a resident of Liluo Village, Jiaxian County, Shandong Province. In July 2000, he was reported to police while he was making truth-clarification posters. Three police officers followed him, abducted him, and savagely beat him in the Changqin Police Station, Jining City, Shandong Province. Later, he was detained in the Yutai Detention Center and was brutally beaten again. The guards at the Yutai Detention Center grabbed Li's hair, and kneeled and stomped on his chest. They slapped him and viciously beat him. His internal organs were injured from the beating, and he was released due to his physical condition. Later, his wife, who is also a Falun Dafa practitioner, was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. During those three years, Li's life was so miserable that each day felt like a year. His house was ransacked many times. Under constant threats and harassment, he died on October 2, 2003.

Ms. Gu Xiuhua, 40, was a resident of Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. She went to Beijing to appeal on April 25, 1999, and again in 2000. She was arrested and detained for two months in a brainwashing center, where she suffered a great deal, both physically and mentally. In 2001, she went to the provincial government to appeal. As a result, she was arrested and her house was ransacked. She was fined 6000 yuan before being released, and she was then forced to become homeless to avoid the constant harassment from police. Her physical condition deteriorated gradually, and she died on November 27, 2004.

Mr. Zhang Lei, 23, was an employee of a computer company in Datong City, Shanxi Province. He started Falun Dafa cultivation in 1996. The police found him making truth-clarification materials in November 2000, and he was forced to become homeless for a long time to avoid being persecuted. On November 9, 2001, he was arrested and detained by police officers in Datong City. For several days, he was forced to sleep on the cold concrete floor after police officers stripped him naked. In the detention center, he had to share a cell with criminal offenders, and the police ordered the inmates to insult and beat him. The inmates poked his body with sharpened toothbrush handles. Zhang Lei was tortured for 10 months, and both his body and mind were seriously traumatized. In August 2002, he was released, but he suffered from many ailments. He died in February 2004.

March 15, 2005