Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioners Ms. Zhang Huanrong, Ms. Zhang Guiqin, Ms. Du Kerong and Mr. Ding Chunrong Died as a Result of Persecution

March 28, 2005 |  


1) Ms. Zhang Huanrong, 65 years old, a resident of Hengshui City, Hebei Province, lived with her daughter in Hengshui City. On January 3rd, 2004, police officers Wang Huimen, Zhai Qiming and others ransacked her home and abducted her daughter and son-in-law. The officers said to her: "If it weren't for the fact that you are weak and might die in jail, we would have taken you away too." Chen Yu, Zhang's daughter, was sentenced to 3 years in forced labor camp. Her son-in-law was sentenced to one year in forced labor camp. The mental burden was too much for Ms. Zhang to bear and on April 5, 2004 she passed away.

2) Ms. Zhang Guiqin, 68 years old, was a retired employee from Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. In the end of June 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal to the government, and was illegally detained at Shuangcheng Detention Center. Her company fined her 3,000 yuan. At that time, due to practicing Falun Dafa, her son was sentenced to 3 years in forced labor camp, and her daughter was detained at Shuangcheng City Detention Center for practicing Dafa. Her daughter-in-law was forced to become destitute and homeless due to the persecution, and has left two children at home, with nobody else to take care of them but Zhang. Ms. Zhang was under great pressure from her responsibilities as well as the persecution. Consequently, on August 26, 2001, she passed away.

3) Ms. Du Kerong, 62 years old, was from Bazhou City, Hebei Province. In 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal to the government, and was illegally arrested and detained by the police. In 2000, for putting up "Falun Dafa is Good" banners, she was abducted to the Politics and Security Division of Municipal Police Station by the police. There, she was beaten and threatened by a group of policemen led by Liu Dongfang. As a result, she was severely wounded and traumatized. She fell ill, and the results from the medical check-up showed that she had liver cancer, so she was sent home. In October 2000, she passed away. Upon her death, she still had marks on her body from being beaten.

4) Mr. Ding Chunrong, 60 years old, was a farmer from Youge Village, Baodi District, Tianjin Province. On December 16, 1999, he went to Tiananmen, Beijing to appeal. He was arrested and taken away by the policemen, then sentenced to one and half years in forced labor camp, where he was abused until he became very weak. He suffered a relapse of a former disease and was then sent home. Due to constant harassment of the policemen from the local police station, his disease grew much worse. On October 23, 2002, Ding passed away.