Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Four Falun Gong Practitioners in China Die from the Persecution

March 28, 2005 |  


Case 1

Mr. Sun Baocai, who is in his 60s, was a resident of Group 15 of the Eighth Committee in Fuzhen Street, Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province. He used to be an employee in the Liaoyuan General Machinery Factory. He started Falun Gong practice in 1998. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, personnel from the Fuzhen Police Station frequently harassed him. They ransacked his house without a search permit and confiscated Falun Gong books and tapes.

In August 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and as a result was illegally detained for two weeks. He was in exile from November 2001 to June 2003 to avoid being persecuted. During this time, Mr. Sun Baocai's two daughters-in-law were illegally given heavy jail sentences and sent for forced labor. This was a heavy blow to Sun Baocai. He became bedridden for many days. Upon his return home from living outside, the lawless officials from Fuzhen Police Station went to harass and threaten him like they had in the past. This caused his illness to aggravate and he died on November 3, 2003.

Case 2

Ms. Zhao Shuzhen, 73, was a resident of Zhuangtou Village, Rushankou Town in Rushan, Weihai City, Shandong Province. The local police often went to her residence to harass her. Her oldest daughter was illegally detained many times for practicing Falun Gong, and left home for more than six months to avoid being persecuted. After she returned home, lawless persons frequently came to her residence to harass her. Her fourth daughter had also been illegally detained for practicing Falun Gong. As a result of a series of blows and mental pressure, and under extreme threats and fear, the older lady Zhao Shuzhen suffered for three months and finally died in December 2004.

Case 3

Ms. Wei Shuzhen, 71, was a resident of Gabatun Village in Dongguan Town, Kangping County, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. Before practicing Falun Gong she suffered from many different illnesses. She could not do outdoor activities and had difficulty cooking. In 1997, after she started Falun Gong practice, all her illnesses disappeared. On January 3, 2000 (Chinese lunar calendar), the Gabatun Village Party Branch secretary and police station police illegally arrested her two daughters who also practice Falun Gong, and took them to the brainwashing classes in town. At that same time, Wei Shuzhen's oldest daughter became sick due to the persecution, and her condition was extremely serious. The town officials did not care about this. Thus Wei Shuzhen went to look for the village officials to get help but they did not care, either. Later her family members had to use a horse carriage to carry her back from the town because of her poor physical condition. After the incident, Wei Shuzhen didn't recover. She died from her illnesses on April 24, 2000.

Case 4

Ms. Gao Chao, who is in her 40s, was a resident of Anda City, Heilongjiang Province. She was a doctor. Before practicing Falun Gong she had a serious illness, but she recovered after practicing Falun Gong. She persisted in Falun Gong practice, and in 1999 she was illegally detained and put in jail. After being released she was harassed by the police many times and thus lost the original, peaceful environment for practicing Falun Gong. Due to nervousness and constant stress as a result of the persecution, she finally died from her illness in 2003.