Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Four Falun Dafa Practitioners from Heilongjiang, Sichuan, and Shandong Provinces Die Due to Persecution

March 19, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Dong Shengli was in his 30s and worked in Dong-e County, Shandong Province. His long-term diabetes was cured after cultivating in Falun Dafa. He went to Beijing to clarify the truth after July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, but was stopped en route by police. He was inhumanly tortured at the Dong-e County Detention Center, causing his diabetes to return. He was dismissed from his job, and his wife divorced him due to the intense pressure. Mr. Dong was repeatedly harassed, threatened, and subjected to brainwashing. He continued to cultivate firmly and did not want to give up his belief. He died in March 2004.

Ms. Jin Guilan was in her 50s and lived in Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. Ever since she went to Beijing to validate the Fa, she has been harassed by local police and the Neighborhood Administration. She went to Beijing again in October 1999, where she was detained for 15 days and extorted by the police. Ms. Jin went to Beijing a third time in June 2000 and was sentenced to three years of forced labor upon returning home. The Labor Camp rejected her due to her physical condition, but the Qitaihe City 610 Office and police would not let her go home, so they kept her in the Qitaihe City First Detention Center. One month later, her condition worsened, so the detention center sent her to the door of the 610 Office. When they saw that she was truly dying, they released her. Ms. Jin never recovered and died in May 2001.

Ms. Zhang Cuihua was in her 40s and lived in Zizhong County, Sichuan Province. She was abducted and detained by police and the 610 Office multiple times. She was also sentenced to one year of forced labor at the beginning of 2000, and was detained in the Nanmusi Women's Labor Camp in Zizhong County, Sichuan Province. She became very weak after her release and was constantly harassed. The authorities used her daughter to fabricate lies on TV slandering Falun Dafa, which hurt her deeply. She died before the 2003 Chinese New Year (February 1).

Ms. Zhang Xiulan, 58, was a retired teacher from Dong-e County, Shandong Province. Most of Ms. Zhang's sicknesses were cured after practicing Falun Dafa. After July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal. She was extorted out of several thousand yuan and forced to go through brainwashing sessions. She was threatened many times as well, which severely affected her mental state. In 2002, her entire body became swollen as a result of the abuse she suffered. She eventually died in April 2004.