Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Additional Information about the Murder of Falun Gong Practitioner Peng Guangjun at the Beijing Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp

September 24, 2004 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Beijing, China

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Peng Guangjun was an elderly Falun Gong practitioner who lived in Houqiaozi Village, Qiaozi Town, Huairou District, Beijing. On January 15, 2004, he was transferred to the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp from the Beijing Forced Labor Camp Distribution Center. On January 22, 2004, when the labor camp was holding the flag-raising ceremony, he loudly shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" He was immediately taken away and sent to the Central Training Section by Zhao Jiang, a policeman from the Third Section.

On January 24, after about only a day, Peng Guangjun was sent to the Tuanhe Hospital's emergency room and was pronounced dead that same day. In fact, Peng Guangjun had been beaten to death before he was sent to the hospital. The labor camp authorities took him to the hospital in an attempt to cover up their crimes.

Mr. Peng's family members requested an autopsy, but the officer in charge told them, "If you give up investigating the cause of Peng Guangjun's death, you are allowed to pick a cinerary urn and cemetery for him. The government will also give you 15,000 yuan to cover the funeral expenses." He also threatened, "If you don't want to obey the government's arrangement, we'll make all your family members jobless so that you all will be unable to make a living." Mr. Peng's family members were forced to compromise under such pressure.

When Peng Guangjun's remains were to be cremated, someone got the chance to look over the dead body and found that both his head and body were covered with black and bleeding bruises all over. His face had signs of burning from being shocked by electric batons. Some of his bones had also been broken.

After Peng Guangjun was dead, to disguise the atrocity, the labor camp arranged for a medical examination for elderly Falun Gong practitioners during February 11 to February 23, 2004. Then the labor camp promoted its propaganda to the public stating its "concern for elderly Falun Gong practitioners." There have not been any other medical examinations for elderly Falun Gong practitioners before or since then.

Currently, the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp still imprisons many older practitioners, including a few couples. Mr. Yue Guangshen, 73 years old, lived Beidian Village of Liudian Town of Pinggu District of Beijing. He needed help even when he walked, yet, he has been locked up just because of he practices Falun Gong. The officials have declared that those aged people "have seriously disturbed" the social order.