Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More Details Regarding the Torture Death of Dafa Practitioner Ms. He Xiuling (Photos)

September 19, 2004 |   By Dafa practitioner Xu Chengben

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. He Xiuling lived in No. 10 Xingfu Village, Zhifu District in Yantai City, Shandong Province. She was tortured while being held at Nanjiao Detention Center in Yantai City and passed away around 7:00 a.m. on March 11, 2004. Below is a supplementary account of her persecution according to Dafa practitioner Ms. He's husband, Xu Chengben. For the original story, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/9/18/52557.html

He Xiuling, a Dafa practitioner in Yantai City, Shandong Province, died from torture

On the evening of July 22, 1999, He Xiuling set off for Beijing to appeal. She discovered that police officers had blocked all train stations and major intersections, so she went to the Yantai City government to appeal. Around 8:00 a.m. on July 23, 1999, the Yantai City authorities dispatched large groups of police officers to harass and mistreat Falun Gong practitioners. The police dragged He Xiuling into a car and dropped her halfway toward Beihai Village, Cucun in Wendengchu City.

The Yantai City government had violated international law, Article 9 and Article 20 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 35 of the Constitution of China, and Article 7 of the Criminal Law of China.

He Xiuling went to Beijing to appeal in December 1999 to exercise her rights as a Chinese citizen. She was illegally detained at the Fengtai Police Station in Beijing and was later transferred to Yantai City Police Department Liaison Office in Beijing. The perpetrators from the Xingfu Police Station and the security head from the Xingfu No. 10 Village took her back. Later, He Xiuling was held at Wendeng City for 15 days.

In December 2000, He Xiuling again went to Beijing to appeal. She was illegally held at the Tiananmen Police Department in Beijing. Later, she was transferred to Li Yinglin from Wendeng City Liaison Office in Beijing. Li Yinglin stole 300 yuan from He Xiuling's pocket. He Xiuling was later detained in Wendeng City for 15 days.

In December 2000, He Xiuling again went to Beijing to appeal. She was held at the Tiananmen Police Department in Beijing. Then she was sent to Miyun County, where she was held for seven days. Following that, she was transferred to the Jinzhou Detention Center in Liaoning Province where she was held for three months and fined over 3,000 Yuan.

In late August 2003, He Xiuling was abducted by perpetrators from Zhifu District "610 Office" in Yantai City when she was working at the Wendeng Dafa materials production site. The perpetrators sent her to the Zhifu District Brainwashing Class where they tortured and interrogated her. They cuffed her hands behind her back to the bedpost so she could neither squat nor stand. She was not allowed to sleep for five or six days and was not allowed to go to the toilet.

Around 7:30 a.m. on March 11, 2004, He Xiuling died from torture at the Liuhuangding Hospital.

At 5:00 p.m. on March 10, 2004, Li Wenguang from the Zhifu District "610 Office" called and asked me if He Xiuling had certain diseases. I said she had none and was perfectly healthy. Then he told me my wife was in the Liuhuangding Hospital. I went to the hospital and asked for her. Around 7:00 p.m., I saw that her left hand was cuffed to the bed and the lower half of her body was naked. She could not speak. No one was caring for her. After less than 20 minutes, a male nurse yelled at me. I asked to stay with my wife and take care of her, but the male nurse threw me out.

On March 11, 2004 in the morning, the "610 Office" told me He Xiuling had passed away. The time of her death according to the hospital record was 7:35 a.m. on March 11, 2004.

I requested an autopsy, and personnel from the Judicial and Public Security Bureau in Yantai City performed it, but they refused to give me the report. On July 8, people from the Shandong Province Public Security Bureau and the Shandong Province Public Prosecutor came to Yantai City to perform another autopsy. On August 12, Li Wenguang from the Zhifu District "610 Office," Zhang Futian from the detention center, perpetrators from the Yantai City Police Department, from the Public Prosecutor and the medical examiner read the report. Shandong Province Public Security Bureau and the Shandong Province Public Prosecutor helped the "610 Office" and the detention center to shirk their responsibility: they excluded violence and drug injection as the cause of death and shifted the responsibility of He Xiuling's death to the so-called "psychosis" resulting from Falun Gong practice [Note: Following Jiang Zemin's orders, when a practitioner is tortured to death, the death is often attributed to "suicide" as a means to further demonize Falun Gong]. I asked for a copy of the report but my request was denied.

The Zhifu District Public Prosecutor's Office issued an arrest warrant for He Xiuling, Zhou Shuchun and Sui Shumei on September 27, 2003, and the practitioners were held at the Zhifu District Detention Center for six months. The Zhifu District Court didn't conduct investigations and held an illegal trial in February 2004, to try the practitioners. He Xiuling's death is the direct result of the persecution and the illegal conduct of people in the public prosecutor's office and the court.

Nevertheless, Zhang Futian, the head of the detention center said, "This is how the law works in China."

I hope medical professionals and legal experts can examine and investigate He Xiuling's death, to uphold justice.

New discoveries in He Xiuling torture death case

Later, we consulted other medical experts who went to the Liuhuangding Hospital to look at He Xiuling's medical records. They brought up the following: "1. There is no record of emergency treatment; 2. How did the cerebral embolism form? 3. There was no death certification report; 4. There are no results of the spinal tap; 5. There is no group diagnosis record.

According to detention center head Zhang Futian, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. He Xiuling experienced dizziness on March 4 and refused to go to the hospital. The detention center authorities then forcibly took her to the hospital. However, according to medical records at the hospital, He Xiuling had had difficulty speaking for seven days before she was sent to the hospital on March 4. Zhang Futian said, "On March 4, the doctor said she is fine and only had a cerebral embolism [blood clot on the brain], so we took her back to the detention center for treatment." I asked the doctor about this questionable point and he said, "I said at the time she's ok on March 4, but I didn't say she would be fine in the future." Zhang Futian said, "He Xiuling was on the brink of death on March 5 and was again sent to the Liuhuangding Hospital.

After practicing Falun Gong, Ms. He Xiuling had been very healthy. How could she have suddenly developed a cerebral embolism? The people from the public prosecutor's office and the court said, "He Xiuling was healthy at the time of the trial." People who watched the TV broadcast of the trial in Yantai City all know this fact. The perpetrators from the prosecutor's office and court said, "You should go to the detention center and ask them. If she was healthy and died in the detention center, they must have an explanation for it."

The two autopsy reports were both cover-ups for the "610 Office" and the detention center. One police officer said after he got drunk, "He Xiuling died at 8:00 p.m. on March 10." Why did the hospital lie about the time of her death?

Looking at existing evidence, the "610 Office," detention center and Liuhuangding Hospital all participated in the persecution of He Xiuling. When the medical examiner performed the autopsy, he saw red dots all over her intestines. We suspect it's the result of an unknown drug injection. We call for people who know the truth to reveal the details about the death of He Xiuling.