Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Five Falun Gong Practitioners from Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Arrested and Two are Tortured to Death

August 13, 2004 |   By practitioners from Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia

(Clearwisdom.net) In the summer of 2003, in Inner Mongolia, the Chifeng City National Security Bureau arrested five local Falun Dafa practitioners: Ms. Zheng Lanfeng, Ms. Zhou Caixia, Ms. Duan Xueqin, Ms. Tian Sufang and Mr. Wang Zhidong. Two of them received heavy sentences, one was tortured until she lost the ability to take care of herself and the remaining two were tortured to death.

On February 11, 2003, Falun Dafa material sites in Chifeng City were raided and damaged, and five Falun Dafa practitioners were arrested. Zhou Caixia and Duan Xueqin were detained at Yuanlin Road Detention Center. Zheng Lanfeng, Tian Sufang, and Wang Zhidong were detained at Hongshan District Detention Center.

Within three weeks of her arrest, Zheng Lanfeng was tortured to death.

Zheng Lanfeng lived in the Savings Bank Building on Changqing Street, in the Hongshan District of Chifeng City. Because she persisted in her belief in "Zhen-Shan-Ren," in late 2000 she was sentenced to one year of forced labor at the Tumugu Detention Center.

On February 11, 2003, Zheng Lanfeng was arrested and sent to the Hongshan District Detention Center to endure brutal torture. On the night of February 27, 2003, one of Ms. Zheng's cellmates reported: that Zheng Lanfeng was running a high fever. No one showed any concern over her condition. When her cellmate reported that her condition was serious, she was reprimanded by the guards and no action was taken. Around three or four o'clock on the morning of February 28, the cellmate again attempted to get medical attention for Ms. Zheng Lanfeng who had worsened and lay dying. After a while, a guard opened the door and took a look at her. The police then removed Ms. Zheng's handcuffs and foot shackles and blocked the entrance of every cell, so that no one was able to get in or out of the cell.

After a few days, the police made up a story and announced that Zheng Lanfeng had died of an illness. Ms. Zheng's cellmates reported that even while she was dying, she still had the force-feeding tube left in her stomach by the authorities, and that it could not be pulled it out because it had rotted.

Her body was sent to the Chifeng City No.3 Hospital, and on March 5, 2003, the police finally informed her family. While dressing the body, her family members discovered that the back of her body was black and blue showing heavy bruising. A large group of police officers stood watch so that none of Ms. Zheng's colleagues or fellow Dafa practitioners would be able to have any contact with her family while they were dressing her body. While carrying her coffin to the cemetery, two police cars followed close behind.

Zhou Caixia was sentenced to eight years in Yuanlin Road Detention Center and, within a few days of imprisonment, was tortured to death after being hung up. (1)

On February 11, 2003, Zhou Caixia was arrested, sent to the detention center, endured brutal persecution and went on a hunger strike to protest. She was handcuffed to the bed and had a feeding tube lodged in her stomach for a long period of time. Each day, seven or eight criminals abused and force-fed her as a means to torture her. As a result, her body grew very weak from being subjected to such torture. She often coughed up blood and needed the help of two people in order to walk.

Zhou Caixia was illegally sentenced for eight years. In July 2003, she was transferred to the No.4 Women's Prison (Baoanzhao Prison) in Inner Mongolia. Zhou Caixia continued to resist the brainwashing and persecution, and insisted on her belief in Falun Dafa. She was handcuffed and hung up from a bolt on the chimney. Although she had endured so much torture, Zhou Caixia still told everybody she met, "Falun Dafa is good!"

Vice Director Zhou Jianhua, of Baoanzhao Prison, personally beat Zhou Caixia until her head and face were covered with blood.

Near the end, Zhou Caixia was no longer able to speak. She was hung up and allowed to fall into a coma. The prison guard took her down and dragged her away claiming he was going to take her for force-feeding. Later on it became known that she had died while being hung like that. At that time Zhou Caixia had been detained at Baoanzhao Prison less than one week.

Prior to the persecution, Zhou Caixia had been president of the Chifeng City Women's Union in Inner Mongolia. She was arrested many times and endured brutal torture for practicing Falun Gong. She was arrested in October 2000, and in December she was sentenced to three years at Tumuji Forced Labor Camp, where she endured various methods of torture. The prison guard leaders with surnames Luo, Ma, Na and Yang, from the No. 2 Women's Brigade, often beat her and shocked her with electric batons, severely disfiguring her face. Since she refused to renounce her practice of Falun Dafa, she was sent to the Huhehot City Women's Forced Labor Camp, over there She went on a hunger strike for over twenty days to protest the unjust persecution she was being subjected to. After she had been tortured for about forty days in a separate cell room and her condition was critical, her family was informed to take her home. In August 2002, she was again arrested and sent to the detention center. She went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention, and she wasn't released until she was so weak that she was vomiting blood.

Duan Xueqin has lost ability to take care of herself due to the persecution

On February 11, 2003, Duan Xueqin was arrested after the police had injured her shoulders and feet so that she couldn't walk. During her hunger strike to protest the persecution, the criminals dragged her away for force-feeding, and then afterwards threw her back on the bed, causing her extreme pain. Each day the same procedure was repeated.

On one occasion, as directed by the Jiang regime, police used a whole bag of salt while force-feeding Zhou Caixia and Duan Xueqin. Three or four days later, Zhou Caixia began vomiting blood. Another five days later, she was on the verge of death and sent to the hospital. After Duan Xueqin had been force-fed for eighteen days, she had become a mere skeleton and was unconscious. The detention center informed her husband to come and take her away. However, although she had not yet fully recovered, Bu Ren from the Hongshan District Criminal Team abducted Duan and took her to the Hongshan District Detention Center for persecution.

Duan Xueqin lived in Zuolu City, over two hundred miles from Chifeng. Suffering from motion sickness, she vomited the entire distance. After arriving at the detention center, female police officer Deng Liyan ordered two prisoners drag Duan into a cell and force-feed her but they were unsuccessful. After that the authorities took a photo of her against her will. The next day, Deng Liyan struck Duan in the head with her collection of cell keys and demanded that she begin eating. Duan Xueqin replied that she didn't feel like eating.

Deng Liyan returned with the electric baton, and ordered a group of five prisoners to push her down and electrically shock her. After shocking her, they sent Duan Xueqin to the hospital for force-feeding. The doctor asked how many days since she had last eaten, and Deng answered that it had been four or five days. Duan Xueqin said: "No. I was taken from Zuolu to Chifeng last night. Due to carsickness, I vomited all the way and I don't feel like eating. They force-fed me, and electrically shocked me when I wouldn't eat anything."

The medical workers didn't listen to Duan's explanation and instead inserted the forcefeeding tube as usual. After inserting the tube, Duan Xueqin was sent back to the cell room. Duan Xueqin vomited the entire distance and finally, she was vomiting blood. Then a guard named Tian sent her back to the hospital to have the feeding tube removed and Duan was given an IV against her will. Even though Duan Xueqin was vomiting blood and had no way to eat, a few days later Deng Liyan once again sent her to the hospital for force-feeding. Duan Xueqin vomited a lot blood again, but the evil staff members still tied her to the bed so they could insert the feeding tube.

Duan Xueqin said, "If I die, then you will have tortured me to death." Police Deng Liyan said that Duan Xueqin was just spitting up a little bit of blood and then forced her to eat. Her throat had become painfully raw from the constant movement of the feeding tube, and from having to vomit so much blood as a result of the force feedings. Eventually, Duan could not withstand the pain in her throat and drank a little water to relieve it.

Eight or nine days later, the evil staff members handcuffed both her hands to the bed and forcibly inserted a tube to force-feed her. She had become unable to use the toilet without assistance at this point due to her condition and the prisoners had to help her. They were very angry about this and started abusing her. Prisoner Liu Shujie took off Duan's blanket, leaving her naked and exposed just to humiliate her. Various prisoners punched her arms with their fists, threw her clothes into the toilet and spat in her face. Police encouraged the prisoners to abuse Duan Xueqin, which caused her physical condition to deteriorate quickly. Because she had lain in bed without moving for such a long period of time, Duan Xueqin's arms had atrophied and had a withered appearance. Because the police had injured her legs, she had lost all feeling in them. After having the force-feeding tube inserted daily for three months, her esophagus had become severely injured and her stomach bled regularly.

Hongshan District Court later sentenced Duan Xueqin to four years of imprisonment, but since she was so weak from the persecution and had lost the ability to take care of her own basic needs, she was sent back home on medical parole.

Ms. Tian Sufang and Mr. Wang Zhidong were given heavy sentences.

Ms. Tian Sufang was sentenced to five years imprisonment and her family had tens of thousands of yuan in fines extorted from them by the authorties (2). Mr. Wang Zhidong was sentenced to seven years and is presently is suffering from persecution at No.4 Chifeng Prison.

Tian Sufang is a sixty-year-old woman. Police from the Chifeng National Security Bureau handcuffed Ms. Tian's hands to the "iron chair" (3) and slapped her face until she became unconscious. When they realized that her life was in danger, they sent her to the hospital. Two police teams, one from the detention center and the other from the National Security Bureau, took turns watching her and told her to not tell anyone that she was unconscious as a result from the beatings, but rather, to just claim that it was from a cerebral embolism. The authorities asked her family to donate money for the hospital expansion and made her family pay for the expenses for the extra police who were assigned to watch her.

During Tian Sufang's detention, policewoman Deng Liyan threw Tian's belongings into the hallway and told the other prisoners not allow her a blanket. After Tian Sufang was sentenced, her wages were suspended.

Contact information:
Chifeng City Detention Center in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region: 86-476-8670866
Zip: 024000
Policewoman Deng Liyan: 86-476-55886096(home), 86-13848668887 (mobile)

Baoanzhao Prison (Chifeng No.4 Women's Prison) uses "Baoanzhao Farm" as its business name.
Legal representative: Cong Beilin
Business director: Liu Hanqing
Phone: 86-482-6700023, 86-482-6700290, 86-482-6700041
Fax: 86-482-6700052
Baoanzhao Forced Labor Team: 86-482-6700272

  1. With both hands cuffed behind the victim's back and only toes touching the ground, the handcuffs are tied to a rope that is hung from a metal window frame, a basketball pole or an overhead support beam. Both hands and arms will soon lose sensory perception. In addition, both hands will go dead from lack of blood circulation.
  2. The Yuan is the basic unit of currency in China, where the average monthly salary of an urban worker is 500 yuan.
  3. The iron chair is made of iron pipes. Victims are restrained on the iron chairs with both arms and legs tied for a long period of time. See diagram at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/1/9/17577.html