Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Female Dafa Practitioner Was Tortured to Death in Dongcheng Detention Center, Beijing, in November 2001

July 22, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Clearwisdom.net reported in May 2004 that East City Detention Center in Beijing was suspected of torturing a female Dafa practitioner to death in November 2001. I am able to confirm the validity of the report because I was being held in that detention center at the time. Due to my persistence in Dafa cultivation, I was put into a cell at the East City Detention Center on November 5, 2001, and learned from the inmates there that a female Dafa practitioner had just been persecuted to death.

Here is a brief account of what I know of the event. On November 4, 2001, at around midnight, two detainees found a female Falun Gong practitioner who was suffering severe cramps and whose physical state was extremely bad. They tried to push her awake but she continued to murmur, "I want to be home." After they reported it to the detention center authorities, this practitioner was carried away at 4 am. By daylight, it was said that the practitioner had died. In the emergency room, the wardens ordered the detainees not to divulge anything about that practitioner. When I tried to ask them more, the detainees dared not say anything.

According to the inmates, the practitioner had been lying there for some time. When I held a hunger strike to protest against my illegal detention, an inmate said to me in tears, "Don't do this, or you will be killed by force-feeding." She shivered with fear as she said these few words. I could imagine how brutal and vicious the treatment of Falun Gong practitioners witnessed by this detainee must have been.

It was reported by another source that on November 5, 2001, a young female Dafa practitioner, who was red all over, was near death in the No. 2 cell of the East City Detention Center. This was due to her being force-fed and being pricked with electrified needles by the medical doctor of the detention center. Her identity and family address were unclear. In the evening, the detainees reported her condition to the wardens, and she was carried out of the cell and never came back. The inmates in the same cell said that she had died. The wardens there strictly blocked the news, separating the inmates of the cell and forbidding them from having contact with others.