Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Family Decimated by Persecution: Husband and Wife Tortured to Death, Mother Detained, Father Dies of Grief

June 4, 2004

(Clearwisdom.net) In the middle of the night on May 12, 2004, eight or nine officers from the Xi'ning City Police Department, the County Police Department and Zongzhai Police Station of Huangzhong County, Qinghai Province quietly went to Xiejiazhai Village, Chengnanxinqu District, Xi'ning City, Qinghai Province. They broke into the home of 72-year-old female Dafa practitioner Zhao Yulan, illegally searched her home and abducted her. She has been detained since then.

Dafa practitioner Zhao Xiangzhong was Zhao Yulan's daughter-in-law and He Wanji's wife. She could not read before she obtained the Fa. After she obtained the Fa, she could read Zhuan Falun and Master Li's new articles. Five months after she obtained the Fa she could recite Hongyin from memory. Since July 20, 1999, Zhao Xiangzhong had been abducted to the Qinghai Female Forced Labor Camp four times. The first time she was sentenced to one year of forced labor for going to Beijing to appeal. The second time she was sentenced to three years of forced labor after she was abducted when she was clarifying the truth to people. She was brutally abused and developed a serious illness in the labor camp, so the labor camp had to release her. Firmly upholding her righteous thought she got out of the labor camp in three months, with dignity.

The third time the police abducted her, during the 2002 Spring Festival, they took her to the Qinghai Female Forced Labor Camp. She was detained in a confinement cell for 15 days and was released because of illness. The fourth time the police surrounded He Wanji's home with six police vehicles before the 16th session of the National People's Conference. They abducted He Wanji's whole family and two of their relatives' children staying with them. One of the two children was about 12 years old and one was only two. The two children were also detained for several hours.

Zhao Xiangzhong was detained in a confinement cell in the Qinghai Female Forced Labor Camp where she was savagely persecuted and had to sleep on the cold cement floor. Over twenty days later she was released. When she was released she could not walk; her lower body had no sensation and her upper body above the chest was in intolerable pain. She could not take in any food and she was skin and bones. She was paralyzed, lying in bed, and was on the verge of death.

On February 22, Zhao Xiangzhong died from the effects of the torture in the Qinghai Female Forced Labor Camp. She was 50 years old.

He Wanji was Zhao Yulan's son. He was a police officer in the Railroad Division Police Department, Xi'ning City, Qinghai Province. After July 20, 1999, He Wanji was frequently persecuted because he cultivated Falun Gong; because he went to Beijing to appeal and because he kept clarifying the truth of Falun Gong to people. He was once detained in the Qinghai Provincial Forced Labor Camp. After being charged with taking part in broadcasting Falun Gong documentaries on TV in Qinghai and Gansu Provinces, he was sentenced to 17 years in prison and incarcerated in the Haomen Prison in Haibei Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture. He was tortured to death in Haomen Prison on May 28, 2003 at the age of 53.

Dafa practitioner He Wanzhu is Zhao Yulan's other son and He Wanji's younger brother. Because he shared Falun Gong experiences with fellow practitioners at home, the police searched his home and confiscated over 6,000 Yuan cash. He Wanzhu was unlawfully sentenced to three years of forced labor.

In the past several years, simply because of practicing Falun Gong and telling the truth, Zhao Yulan's family was fiendishly persecuted by perpetrators from the Qinghai Provincial government. Their homes were frequently and unlawfully searched and their money and belongings were taken away. "610 Office" personnel detained, sent to forced labor or sentenced to prison four people from their family. Within less than half a year, Zhao Yulan's older son and daughter-in-law died as a result of torture. Her younger son has been detained in the labor camp and has been subjected to forced brainwashing.

To cover their criminal acts, Qinghai Provincial "610 Office" agents, under instructions from Guan Lei, head of the Qinghai Province Public Security Department, first transferred the son of He Wanji and Zhao Xiangzhong who worked in a fire brigade out of Xi'ning City to a remote area, and then forced him to leave his job. The elderly father, He Shou'an, was in his 80's, and as a result of these misfortunes, he died on the ninth day after the Lunar New Year of 2004 [January 30, 2004, translator's note].