Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Zhao Yanxia Tortured to Death at the Hongshan District Detention Center, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia

May 13, 2004 |   By a practitioner from Chifeng City

In April 2004, policeman Deng Liyan in Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia forced detained Falun Gong practitioners to recite the prison rules. Wang Weihua and other practitioners refused to recite this because they had not committed any crimes and were being unjustly persecuted. Deng Liyan scolded them and shocked Wang Weihua and He Ping with an electric baton. In protest, all the practitioners went on a hunger strike. The policemen cursed the Falun Gong practitioners, and Qiu Xuedong (head of the detention center) took his revenge on the practitioners. He let many criminal prisoners out of their cells and brought the practitioners into the hallways, where some chairs were set up. He led many policemen to command the prisoners to continuously force-feed the practitioners with corn paste, and shouted madly "Feed! Feed them for me!" Several prisoners carried Zhao Yanxia onto a chair and tied her to it. The prisoners held her arms and head and forcibly administered the food. At that time, Ms. Zhao's head sagged to the side and she fell the ground motionless. The other practitioners who had been force-fed realized that Zhao Yanxia was in a serious condition and came to help her up, crying "Zhao! Zhao!" Ms. Zhao did not respond at that time. Qiu Xuedong shouted, "Put her down! Stop crying!" He scolded them, saying that Zhao Yanxia was pretending to die. The practitioners who tried to help her up were driven away by force and cursing. For a long time nobody did anything for Zhao Yanxia. In the end, it was found that she had died. To avoid taking responsibility, Qiu Xuedong pretended to care about the practitioner and transported her body to the hospital.

The detention center, "610 Office," and the police station tried to block the spread of the news and put the practitioners who knew the facts into prisons and forced-labor camps. They cancelled He Ping's scheduled release. Shang Shuqing and Liu Fuan, who had already been released, were illegally sentenced to prison for 7 and 5 years, respectively.

The public was told that Zhao Yanxia had suffered a heart attack, refused to go to the hospital, and had died as a result. At the same time, they intimidated Ms. Zhao's family members and tried to cover up the crimes of Qiu Xuedong's group.

The head of the Chifeng City "610 Office," Yang Chunyue, told other people in person, "If the practitioners were persecuted to death or near-death, they will be sent to a prison, a forced labor camp or a hospital. Once there, the death will be announced and we will have no responsibility. If they die at the detention center, we will have to bear the responsibility."


Yang Chunyue is the head of the forces that persecute the Falun Gong practitioners in Chifeng City. He is the vice director of the Police Department of Chifeng City and head of the "610 Office."

Office phone number: 0476-8339595; Cell: 13904766288
Mailing address: 610 Office, Law Education Base, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia
Zip code: 024000

Police Department of Hongshan District, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia: (0476)8350444
Detention Center of Hongshan District, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia: (0476) 8663772