Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dafa Practitioner Mr. Li Chuanwen from Meihekou City, Jilin Province Tortured to Death

April 06, 2004 |  


Mr. Li Chuanwen, 54 years old, was from Hongmei Town, Meihekou City, Jilin Province. He started to practice Falun Gong at the beginning of 1996. After the persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal in October 1999. He was arrested and sent back to the Tiebei Detention Center in Meihekou City. During his detention, the police instructed the criminal detainees there to brutally beat him. They used planks to beat his buttocks so hard that his flesh was torn and his pants adhered to his flesh. They also stretched his arms out, and pressed his head down. Then one person kicked his buttocks hard. As a result, he stumbled forward and his head hit the wall hard. They called such torture "passing through walls" and they often repeated the torture until he passed out. Another torture they used is to pull his arms behind his back and lift them up as high as possible, and then press his arms against the wall. Just a few minutes later he would pass out. Moreover, he was forced to make toothpicks. Every day he had to work 15-16 hours. If he couldn't finish assignments, he would be beaten. One month later he was released only after paying 600 yuan. But there was no receipt for the fine he paid.

In March 2000, Li Chuanwen was arrested and sent to a brainwashing center to be persecuted. Later, the director of Hongmei Town Police Department Niu Zhenkui feared Li might go to Beijing to appeal, so he confiscated Li's deposit of 2,000 yuan. He also forced Li to report to the police department every day, and asked Li to wash his car, shovel snow and do other chores. Policeman Wang Shoubo wanted to extort money from Li, but Li did not have the money to give him. So Wang beat Li up out of rage.

In October 2000, Li was again forcibly taken to a brainwashing class. Niu Zhenkui forced Li to hold a basin of water and stay still for a long time. If Li could not hold it and the water spilled, Niu would beat him up. At that time, Falun Gong practitioners began to go on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Niu beat Li up in front of other practitioners.

Around January 25, 2001, Li was arrested again. He was held for 15 days on administrative charges.

On March 23, 2001, Li was deceived by Niu Zhenkui and was arrested and sent to a detention center. Later he was transferred to Tonghua Labor Camp where he was detained for one year.

On June 18, 2002, Li was sentenced to 2 years of forced labor education and sent to Chaoyanggou Labor Camp. Because of the persecution, Li became extremely weak. In order to shirk the responsibility, the labor camp staff injected him with some unknown drugs on March 10, 2004. Afterwards, Li became mentally disabled. Then the labor camp sent him to the "610 Office" of Meihekou City, who then transferred him to Hongmei Town Police Department. Not wanting to take the responsibility, the police department had policeman Zhang to find a place to drop Li off. Zhang first dropped Li off at Zhang Chunyan's home. Zhang Chunyan had a daycare center in her home and she refused to accept Li, a dying person, in her home. Later policeman Zhang then dropped Li off at Gai Yongguang's home. Gai then took care of Li for a while.

Because of the long-term persecution, Li had serious anaemia and he had great difficulty breathing. Every day he could only take in some liquid food. On March 17, he began to spit blood and lose control of his bowel movements. On the night of March 18, he was rushed to Aimin Hospital and the doctors there determined he was terminally ill. On March 19, he was transferred to Hongmei Town Hospital. At 6:10 p.m. that day he passed away in the hospital.

According to the man on duty in the mortuary, on the day of Li's death, the police patrolled outside until midnight. At 8:10 the next morning, seven people from the police department, the political and legal committee and the "610 Office" came and picked up Li's corpse. It is not known where they took the corpse. They told the man on duty if Li's family members came to claim his body, ask them to talk to the police department.