Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Yang Xiuqin from Zhoukou City of Henan Province Dies as a Result of Torture

April 13, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Yang Xiuqin from Zhoukou City, Henan Province was 50 years old. Because of going to appeal for Falun Gong many times, vicious police officers violently kicked her head and injured her brain, which led to continuous high blood pressure. Later when she was unlawfully detained again, she had blood in her stool for several days, and her blood pressure was extremely high. After getting out of prison, her health got worse and worse. She died on November 16, 2003. Following are details.

Yang Xiuqin was a former employee of Zhoukou City's Native Products Company. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong for the first time in October 1999. She was arrested but escaped with righteous thoughts.

In October 2000, Yang Xiuqin went to Beijing again to peacefully appeal, and was abducted. The criminal policemen forced her to kneel down on the floor with both of her hands holding her head, and tried their utmost to kick her head with leather shoes. This caused her to suffer a brain injury, and since then her blood pressure has always been high. Two months later, Yang Xiuqin was sentenced to forced labor. As her blood pressure was so high, the forced labor camp refused to accept her. The policemen then sent her into Xihua County Detention Center to continue the detention and gross physical and mental abuse. She was not released until September 2000.

A month later, someone reported her when she was handing out Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials. She was arrested once again. She suffered all kinds of tortures in the Zhoukou Detention Center and had bloody diarrhea as much as 7-8 times each day for several consecutive days. Her systolic blood pressure rose to 260mmHg. Fearing to take responsibility, the police notified her family in December 2002 to take her back home. After returning home, her health became worse and worse. Later she suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage, but the emergency treatment failed to rescue her. She died on November 16, 2003.

April 5, 2004