Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Wang Guoyue from Anshan City, Liaoning Province Tortured to Death

April 13, 2004 |  


Mr. Wang Guoyue lived in Apartment 48 of Shengchanwei on Shuguang Street, Lishan District, Anshan City, Liaoning Province. On December 15, 2000, he went to Beijing to validate Dafa. When he arrived in Beijing, he posted fliers reading "Falun Dafa is Good" everywhere he went, from the train station to streets and alleys. The next day he went to Tiananmen Square to unfurl a banner and was arrested. Shuguang Police in Anshan City took him back to Anshan. Because Mr. Wang said, "Falun Dafa is good" at the police station, a policeman hit him in the face with a wooden stick. He was later transferred to the Second Detention Center of the city. In February 2001, he was sentenced to three years of forced labor.

While in detention, because of his inadequate understanding of the Fa, he wrote a guarantee letter promising not to appeal for Dafa and was released. After he returned home, he realized his mistake through Fa-study, so in April 2001, he declared solemnly that what he said or wrote that did not conform to Dafa was invalid and nullified. As a result, he was arrested by Shengli Police in Tiedong District, Anshan City, and was sent to the labor camp again. Because he refused to give up his belief in Dafa, education section chief Zhang Yongli and other policemen hung him up and covered his head with an iron hat. Then they tortured and beat him for over one hour until he passed out. Fearing he might die at the labor camp, the police sent him to a hospital for emergency treatment, but they asked his family to pay 1,000 yuan for the medical expenses.

During the over 20 days that he was in the labor camp, he was devastated both physically and mentally. Because of the injury to his internal organs, he could not take in food normally. In order to shirk their responsibility, the police sent him home. While he was recovering at home, the labor camp and police station kept harassing him. Under the tremendous mental and physical pressure, Mr. Wang passed away on May 18, 2003, at the age of 44.

Responsible parties:

Anshan City Labor Camp: 86-412-2621513
Director Xu Baoyu: 86-412-2623527, 86-412-5560533
Education Section Chief Zhang Yongli: 86-412-2613615
Second Detention Center: 86-412-2611873