Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Experiences of Murdered Falun Dafa Practitioner Li Xiaoyuan

April 11, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Xiaoyuan, 46, was a worker at the First Mold Factory of Shenfei Labor Service Inc., Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. In October 1998 he became an assistant at the Falun Gong exercise site in front of Hospital 242 of Shenyang City. His home and work unit were located in North Santaizi, about 2.2 miles away from the exercise site. Every morning, he would come to the exercise site and start the sitting meditation at 4:00 a.m. and standing exercises at 5:00 a.m. He often distributed materials introducing Falun Dafa, such as audiotapes of Fa-lectures, exercise music, and books. If he had no time for breakfast he would buy some bread and eat breakfast on his way to work. At work, he was a respected technician and a model worker for over 20 years. Everyday after work, he would come to the exercise site to study the Fa, and he often missed dinner. He could recite the first seven chapters of Zhuan Falun by heart. All his time away from work was dedicated to Dafa. Every Sunday after his regular exercises, he helped to correct the exercise movements of new practitioners. Since he was always at the exercise site, he solved many problems on site. He guided other practitioners to enlighten from the Fa's perspective. He didn't criticize or judge other practitioners, and others were comfortable in his presence. When a problem occurred, we all looked inside ourselves first. Everyone was happy, and prepared to come to group Fa-study. This created an excellent situation for the spread of the Fa, and the number of practitioners at the exercise site increased from 50 to over 100.

Li Xiaoyuan also coordinated activities with people at other exercise sites, spreading the Fa in suburban areas such as Fangxihu, Dahandun, Daoyi, etc. Practitioners participating in these Fa activities included everyone from the elderly in their seventies and eighties to children less than ten years old. Through these activities, several exercise sites exchanged experiences and spread the Fa from a few exercise sites to many.

After July 20, 1999 when the persecution of Falun Gong began, Li Xiaoyuan remained a determined practitioner and followed our Teacher closely. He followed the path of Fa-validation without hesitation. He went to Beijing, where he found the truth was no longer upheld. The police arrested any practitioners they could find. Since he persisted in validating the Fa, he suffered many hardships. The ground was his bed and the sky his blanket. For food, he bought a bag of bread and some pickles each day. He would only drink some water and wash himself when he went to bathroom. At the time, more and more practitioners were going to Beijing to validate Dafa with their own experiences. Li Xiaoyuan returned from Beijing to Shenyang in September 1999. He explained the situation in Beijing to his fellow practitioners there. He also promoted Dafa in the Santaizi region. Following his example, all of the practitioners in Santaizi went on the journey to Beijing to appeal for the rights of Falun Gong.

In October 1999, Li Xiaoyuan was arrested in Beijing, brought back to Shenyang, and thrown into a labor camp. His mother became ill from worrying about her son. Tragically, she died with her son's name on her lips, crying "Xiaoyuan! Xiaoyuan!"

In the detention center and labor camp, Li Xiaoyuan remained firm in his belief in Dafa. He kept studying the Fa and doing the exercises. Even in the prison, he continued to promote Dafa. He refused to wear the prison uniform and protested the persecution by going on hunger strikes. He stayed in the prison rather than accept brainwashing. For this, he was subjected to many brutal forms of torture. The police in Zhangshi Labor Camp stripped off Li Xiaoyuan's clothes, tied him to a metal door, and shocked him with electric batons. Several policemen and former practitioners who turned against Dafa under torture beat him so brutally that he became paralyzed. They placed him in a freezer unit to further torment him. Clearwisdom has published the torture methods in detail before, so they won't be repeated here. Failing to force Li Xiaoyuan to accept brainwashing, the Zhangshi Labor Camp transferred him to Guanshan Labor Camp for more intense torture.

Guanshan Labor Camp contains a stone quarry, where police and criminal offenders take turns beating up other inmates routinely. Li Xiaoyuan was beaten so brutally that his body was covered with injuries. On November 9, 2003 the police finally tortured this 46-year old, formerly healthy and kind man, to death. According to witnesses, Li Xiaoyuan's legs and abdomen bore many injuries.