Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Belated Report: Two Falun Dafa Practitioners Tortured to Death in Gongyi City, Henan Province

March 31, 2004 |  


Twenty-Year-Old Falun Dafa Practitioner Chang Baoli Beaten to Death by Police

In November 1999, Mr. Chang Baoli, only 20 years old, went to Beijing to validate the Fa. He was arrested in Beijing, and sent back to the Gongyi City Police Station where police beat him to death on the very first day.

Mr. Chang Baoli was the son of a Coal Mine Administration worker at a Provincial Forced Labor Camp in Jiajinkou Town, Gongyi City. His father and two older sisters, Ms. Chang Wenxiang and Ms. Chang Chunxiang, are all Falun Dafa practitioners.

In November 1999, after eighteen Falun Dafa practitioners from Gongyi City had gone to Beijing to validate the Fa, Chang Baoli, his two sisters and another practitioner, Ms. Chang Chunqin, joined the effort by going to Beijing together to validate the Fa. There they were arrested and sent back to Gongyi City, where the three women were locked in Gongyi City Detention Center, and Mr. Chang Baoli was sent to Gongyi City Police Station.

Du Jie, head of the Political Security Office, and Shen Youkai, from the City Police Station, instructed police to mercilessly beat Chang Baoli. Du Jie shouted, "Beating one to death won't matter; it will be counted as a suicide." Mr. Chang Baoli was beaten unconscious and then sent to the hospital to be resuscitated.

The doctor found a metal wire still attached to his neck. Chang Baoli's father asked the police, "Even though he is dying, you still won't remove the torture device?" At that point, Du Jie and his accomplices removed the wire from his neck. Due to the severity of his wounds, he could not be revived, and 20-year-old Chang Baoli died from the police beating.

Directly responsible parties: Gongyi City Police Station, Political Security Office Head Du Jie and Shen Youkai.

Falun Dafa Practitioner Di Xishun from Gongyi City Was Tortured to Death

Fifty-year-old Mr. Di Xishun lived at No.13 Group, Jiajinkou Village, Jiajinkou Town, Gongyi City. He was detained in the Gongyi City Brainwashing Class and the detention center because he was firm in his Falun Dafa cultivation and because he continued to clarify the truth. He was tortured until all that was left of him were skin and bones, and his whole body had become swollen. He died at home shortly after being released.

Mr. Di began cultivating Falun Dafa in March 1999, and he became the volunteer Falun Dafa assistant in Jiajinkou Township. He was unshakable toward Dafa, diligently cultivating and actively spreading the Fa, in order for more people to obtain it. At that time, there were more than four hundred people practicing Falun Dafa in Jiajinkou.

After July 20, 1999, the Jiang regime began the persecution, and fabricating lies to slander Falun Dafa. In order to restore the reputation of Falun Dafa and the legalization of practicing it, Mr. Di and several other practitioners made their way to Beijing to validate the Fa. The Central Government Appeal Office was turned into an arresting office, and they were all detained. Mr. Di and other practitioners were all sent back to Jiajinkou Police Substation, where they were tortured by being forced to kneel on concrete steel bars while cuffed and shocked with electric batons. The police sent Mr. Di to Gongyi City Detention Center.

On January 22, 2001, Mr. Di's family borrowed more than ten thousand yuan (1) to exchange for his release, while he was being so tragically tortured.

After returning home, Mr. Di continued to clarify the truth to people. In March 2001, the town government and local "610 Office" (2) arrested him and sent him to the Brainwashing Class held at the Longfeng Hotel, located in Xihuanluwaigou, Gongyi City. Even in the brainwashing class, he persisted in studying the Fa, sharing understandings with fellow practitioners, inspiring them and compassionately clarifying the truth to the Brainwashing Class workers. Because he never allowed himself to become brainwashed, they sent him and several other practitioners to Gongyi City Detention Center, where he continued to study the Fa and clarify the truth to fellow detainees, allowing many people to realize that Falun Dafa is good. He was later tortured until there was nothing left of him but skin and bone, and his whole body had become swollen. The police were afraid to take responsibility for his imminent death, and sent him home in October 2001. The government officials in Jiajinkou Town kept sending people to harass him at home. His health never recovered, and Mr. Di Xishun passed away on May 15, 2002.

(1) Yuan: the basic unit of currency in China, where 500 yuan is the average monthly salary for an urban worker.

(2) "610 Office": an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.