Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Qingdao Dafa Practitioner Wang Xiaoli's Death Caused by Police Brutality

March 03, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On March 19, 2002, Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Xiaoli of Qingdao City, Shandong Province died as a result of persecution. She was only 35 years old. The following people are directly responsible for her death: Chen Guolei, director of Luoyang Street Police Station, a policeman surnamed Zhuang, Xu Zhaozhen, director of the Luoyang Street Resident's Committee and person surnamed Han.

Wang Xiaoli lived in the Haiqin Square community in Sifang District, Qingdao City, Shandong Province. She was a worker at the No. 10 National Textile Factory in Qingdao City. Wang Xiaoli began to practice Falun Gong in 1996.

In August 2001, because Wang Xiaoli told the truth of the persecution of Falun Gong at her workplace and refused to write the "guarantee statement" to stop practicing Falun Gong, she was forcibly sent to Qingdao City "610 Office" [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] by her work unit and was illegally detained for one month and subjected to brainwashing. At the same time, her work unit illegally dismissed her. In the "610 brainwashing class", Wang Xiaoli persevered in her belief, clarified the truth and exposed the persecution. One month later, she was detained in the brainwashing center at "Shangdong Province Legal System Training Center," which is affiliated with the forced labor camp located in Wangcun Town, Zibo City, Shangdong Province.

In the brainwashing center, she continued to suffer more cruel torture. She and other Falun Gong practitioners were not allowed to sleep 24 hours a day and were forced to sit on small benches, while monitored by 5-6 people. This went on for 5 consecutive days and nights. They were not even allowed to take a nap. In addition, they continuously infused practitioners with the deceitful propaganda that slandered and vilified Falun Gong 24 hours a day. They tortured her both physically and mentally. When Wang Xiaoli suffered a mental collapse as a result of the torture, she was forced to write the so-called "repentance statement" and was released after being detained for one month.

After Wang Xiaoli was released, she immediately published a solemn statement on Clearwisdom.net declaring the "repentance statement" void and vowed that she would continue to cultivate Falun Dafa with a firm resolution and continue to clarify the truth to people.

On February 7 or 8, 2002, she and her husband (also a Dafa practitioner) traveled to his parents' home to spend the New Year holiday. Along the way, they distributed truth-clarifying materials that exposed the persecution. Because someone reported them, the Langye Town Police Station in Jiaonan City sent four policemen to arrest them and detained them at the police station. The police stole 1,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China] and some truth-clarifying materials from them. At the police station, they were detained separately and interrogated until midnight. Wang Xiaoli's husband escaped with righteous thoughts and wisdom.

The police noticed the person in charge of the "610 Office" in Qingdao City taking Ms. Wang Xiaoli back to her hometown. After she was brought back to Qingdao City, she was then detained for one month in Dashan Detention Center. After the detention, Luoyang Street Police Station disregarded the laws regarding illegal extended detention and detained Wang Xiaoli for another week. Later, she was transferred to the "610 brainwashing class" in Qingdao City and was detained there. During that time, Wang Xiaoli was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor without any legal procedures and on March 19, 2002, she was detained in Shandong Province Forced Labor Camp located in Wangcun Town, Zibo City.

The day she arrived at the forced labor camp, Wang Xiaoli escaped with wisdom, went to Qingdao City and temporarily stayed at a friend's home. While Wang Xiaoli was using the phone to contact her mother, the conversation was monitored by the police. That same night, a large number of policemen, headed by Chen Guolei, director of Luoyang Street Police Station, a policeman surnamed Zhuang, Xu Zhaozhen, director of Luoyang Street Resident's Committee and a person surnamed Han went to arrest her. Due to their brutality during the arrest, Wang Xiaoli was killed.

This is another monstrous crime committed by the "610 Office" in Qingdao City. After Wang Xiaoli died, they also spread a rumor that she "committed suicide" in order to cover up the truth. However, lies cannot cover up the truth, and the truth that Wang Xiaoli died as a result of the persecution quickly spread to the neighborhood around her home. Chen Guolei, the director of Luoyang Street Police Station and Xu Zhaozhen, the director of Luoyang Street Resident's committee are very frightened. They told Wang Xiaoli's husband that her death had nothing to do with them in an attempt to shift the responsibility.

Others who are responsible for Wang Xiaoli's death are: Wang Hongjun who is in charge of the Qingdao City "610 Office" and Geng Shixiang.

February 17, 2004