Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Chen Dexi, a Falun Dafa Practitioner from Shulan City, Jilin Province, Tortured to Death

March 17, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Shulan City Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Chen Dexi, had been sent to forced labor camps on two separate occasions as a result of going to Beijing to appeal. He was severely tortured in Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp in Jilin City, but was still forced to work even though he suffered injuries covering the entire body. After his release, he was never able to recover from either the mental or the physical abuse that he had endured in the forced labor camps, and he ultimately passed away in October 2003.

Mr. Chen Dexi was a 36-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner from Mofan Village, Qingsong Township, Shulan City. Before beginning the practice of Falun Dafa in 1996, he had many afflictions, including severe kidney stones, but after cultivating Falun Dafa, his ailments all disappeared.

The Jiang regime began persecuting Falun Dafa in July 1999. Chen Dexi had benefited from Falun Dafa, so he went to Beijing to appeal in August 1999. He was subsequently detained fifteen days in Shulan City Detention Center from August 27 through September 12, 1999. He was arrested again while he was harvesting his field, and again detained in Shulan City Detention Center, this time for about forty days, until the police could extort 1000 yuan (1) from him.

On February 15, 2000, Mr. Chen Dexi went to Beijing to appeal again, and was arrested and detained in Jilin Province's Laozin Office in Beijing. He was escorted back home by local police, detained in Shulan City Detention Center, and sentenced to one year in Huanxiling Labor Camp in Jilin City, where he endured many types of torture, leaving his entire body swollen. The Labor Camp administration refused to give him medical treatment, and let him rest only seven days, after which he was forced to resume his normal labor. He was not released until after his term had been extended an additional eight months. This long period of forced labor is what ruined his health.

Mr. Chen Dexi was picked up by agents of the Shulan City "610 Office" (2) on October 5, 2001. They locked him in Shulan City Mental Hospital to attend a brainwashing class. Mr. Chen went on a hunger strike for eleven days to protest the persecution. His family was extorted out of another 1000 yuan before taking him home.

Mr. Chen was severely mistreated during these illegal detentions. He was deprived of the right to medical treatment, and was prohibited from studying the Fa or doing the Falun Dafa exercises. His physical body was severely damaged, and he was suffering intense psychological stress, neither of which he could recover from upon returning home, finally leading to his death on October 25, 2003.

(1) yuan: The Chinese currency; the average monthly salary of an urban worker is 500 yuan.

(2)"610 Office": an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.