Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Tortured by Police on Numerous Occasions: Personal Account of Lu Dawei, a Practitioner in Liaoning Province (Photos)

February 23, 2004 |   By Lu Dawei, a Dafa Practitioner in Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province

(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Dafa practitioner in Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province. I was a truck driver for the Landscape Department at Lingyuan Steel Manufacturing Conglomerate. I was discharged from my job in October of 1999 because I refused to give up practicing Falun Gong.

Three photos showing injuries sustained by Lu Dawei's after being hit with electric batons and burned by policemen at the Xidayingzi Forced Labor Camp in Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province.

In February 1994, my family and I attended a Falun Dafa 9-day seminar held at the Lingyuan Steel Manufacturing Conglomerate. I began to truly cultivate Falun Dafa in February 1996. From that point on, I have always asked myself to live my life according to the principle of "Truthfulness Compassion Forbearance" and be a good person. I have gradually improved my moral standard, corrected my behavior and become a good citizen, a good member of my family, and a good employee. I have also obtained a healthy body through practicing Falun Gong. All of my coworkers, family members and friends said, "Falun Gong is so good! It has made Dawei become a good person."

After July 1999, in order to let people know our true situation and the truth about Falun Gong and obtain a peaceful cultivation environment for Falun Gong practitioners, we went to Beijing to file an appeal at the Central Appeal Bureau. I was arrested there and sent back to Lingyuan City Police Station. On October 31, 1999, the Lingyuan City Police Department sentenced me to three years in a forced labor camp. On the evening of October 31, six local Falun Gong practitioners and I were transferred to the Xidayingzi Forced Labor Camp in Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province. The labor camp became a place used by Jiang's regime to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. We were held at the third platoon of the labor camp, where we were tortured by Tong Xiaoli, a supervisor at the labor camp, and other policemen and guards.

Throughout the month of December 1999, the guards forced Falun Gong practitioners to perform highly intensive labor that far exceeded the normal workload of an inmate. We were forced to start working before dawn and weren't allowed to stop until it was too dark to see anything. Each day, we were all forced to dig the foundation for a new building. The skin on our hands was scraped off and the underlying flesh was exposed. Gao Zhonghai, an inmate at the labor camp, often followed us and beat us with a stick. Words can hardly begin to describe the suffering that we experienced both mentally and physically. After doing hard labor for a whole day, we were not given enough food to eat for dinner. The guards were trying to break us and force us to give up practicing Falun Gong by mistreating us this way.

In February 2000, practitioner Li Hongwei (who has since been beaten to death at the Wujiawa Detention Center in Chaoyang City) was punched and kicked by four policemen, including Tong Xiaoli, because he did the Falun Gong exercises. I tried to stop them and was dragged outside alongside Li and viciously beaten. In December 2000, the guards hit my head with wooden sticks, puncturing my left eardrum.

In March 2001, the labor camp moved all the Falun Gong practitioners who refused to give up practicing Falun Gong to the second platoon of the labor camp. Some practitioners were deprived of sleep for several consecutive days, while others were deprived of sleep for more than a dozen days straight. The guards forced us to face the wall, bend over in half, and hold that position. We were forced to suffer in this manner, and each day seemed to last as long as a year.

On April 29, 2001, I was sent to the Fuxin City Forced Labor Camp for more torture. While I was there, the deputy platoon leaders of the New Inmates Platoon Liu and Cui hit me with electric batons on numerous occasions. They sometimes ordered inmates at the labor camp to drag me into their office, and they then hit me with two electric batons at the same time. The deputy-head of the labor camp named Xin often beat people with electric batons.

Around the middle of May 2001, on the pretense of saving my life, the physicians at the labor camp force-fed me. Five or six inmates held me down on a metal bed, squeezed my nose shut, and poured an extremely salty water solution down my throat. I couldn't breathe; the salty solution got into my lungs. A labor camp physician ordered, "Cover his mouth with the floor mop. Don't let him breathe." Several inmates covered up my mouth. I couldn't breathe and lost consciousness. When I woke up, they were trying to drain salty solution out of my mouth by holding my legs up and pushing my head down to the ground. A large amount of salty solution came out of my mouth and nose. They repeated the same treatment over and over again throughout the day, and I lost consciousness twice. After being tortured in such a way, my lungs became seriously infected, and I coughed up a large amount of yellow pus. I felt that I was on the verge of death. Just then they dragged me back to the office of the second platoon. The platoon leader with the surname Liu along with five or six other policemen under him tortured me with four electric batons at the same time. They then tied me down to a chair and used two high-voltage batons to hit the two sides of my temple, the back of my head, and other parts of my body. I lost consciousness several times during the beating.

Around June 28, 2001, while I was near death, the Fuxin Forced Labor Camp transferred me to the Benxi Forced Labor Camp. The head of the labor camp saw how poorly I was doing physically and refused to admit me. I was taken back to Fuxin and held at the detention center there. The police at the detention center told me, "You should just die here. This is the territory of Jiang Zemin."

Around July 11, 2001, just after my health improved a little bit, the Fuxin Forced Labor Camp transferred me to the Huludao Forced Labor Camp. As soon as I was admitted to the labor camp, Liu Guohua, a platoon leader, locked me up in an isolation cell. In October, I went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention of Falun Gong practitioners. Under the order of Yao Chuang, the deputy head of the labor camp, Wang Dazhu who was a labor camp physician, a person from the Education Department of the labor camp with the surname Tong, and three or four other policemen beat me with five or six electric batons at the same time. They also punched and kicked me, and broke my left kneecap. My face looked twisted, and the inside of my mouth was covered with big blisters after being shocked repeatedly with electric batons.

Other Falun Gong practitioners were also tortured along with me. Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Xuan suffered a head injury and received six stitches. Practitioner Wang Hongting had black burns everywhere on his body after he was shocked by electric batons numerous times. While I was holding my hunger strike, Wang Dazhu ordered inmates to spread my arms and legs out and cuffed my four limbs to a bed. They then removed the backboard of the bed. The bed was left with only three small pieces of supporting boards with one under my head, one under my waist, and one under my feet. I was cuffed in such a way for 34 days. I wasn't allowed to get up and use the bathroom during this time. One day, Wang Dazhu inserted a tube into my stomach and pumped in hard liquor and beer. He said, "You Falun Gong don't drink alcohol, right? We are forcing you to drink alcohol. The head of the labor camp approved it." In 2002, after I became critically ill, I was carried out of the Huludao Forced Labor Camp and sent home.

In May 2002, while distributing truth-clarifying material at the eastern section of the Lingyuan Steel Employee Housing District, I was arrested by local police and detained at the Mehudian Police Station. After I was brutally beaten there, I was sent to the 2nd Detention Center the next day. Four days later, I was sent to the Kangning Mental Hospital located in the Nandaqiao area of Lingyuan City. The head of the mental hospital Mr. Er told me, "I am going to make you suffer so much that you wish you were dead but have no way of taking your own life." Every day he and other physicians at the mental hospital tied me to a bed and injected drugs used to treat mental patients. I experienced a lot of pain from the drugs. After being tortured in the mental hospital for four days, three Dafa practitioners and I used our break time to remove metal bars from a window. We found a fire-escape ladder near the window on the 3rd floor and took the ladder down to the ground level. We then climbed over the wall of the mental hospital. I couldn't go home because I would be arrested and detained again. So I was forced to live on the streets from that point on.

On November 14, 2002, while shopping on Wuyi Street, Chaoyang City, I was recognized and arrested by policemen from the Beita Police Station of Chaoyang City. Even though I hadn't done anything wrong, they took away the 1,000 yuan that I had in my pocket, hung me in the air, and beat me for 36 hours. I was then sent to the Wujiawa Detention Center in Chaoyang City. After being tortured for 5 days there, I was sent to the Beidayingzi Forced Labor Camp in Chaoyang City. Li Mengqiu, a labor camp physician, force-fed me by inserting a tube into my stomach. My nose was punctured and wouldn't stop bleeding. After being tortured for an hour, I was locked up in an isolation cell. The next day, Jin Yucheng, the deputy head of the labor camp, and Cheng Hetian, the assistant to the head of the labor camp, took me home. On the way to my home, Jin Yucheng told me, "If you distribute flyers again and get arrested, you shouldn't think of making it out of the labor camp alive."

On June 26, 2003, four Falun Gong practitioners and I drove to the city of Aohan together. On our way there, we were stopped by a police roadblock near Damiao, Chaoyang County. We tried to escape, and the police fired at us several times. They caught us after we climbed to the top of a mountain. Ten policemen tied me up with rope, put me onto a stretcher, and carried me down to the police car. Four practitioners, including me, were taken back to the Chaoyang County Police Station.

The next day, I was carried to the Chaoyang County Detention Center. That night, Hao Naifeng, the deputy head of the detention center, used electric batons to hit different parts of my body for more than half an hour straight. I went on a hunger strike to protest my arrest and detention. Five or six policemen tied me up to a custom-made wooden board. I wasn't able to move at all. They forced my mouth open with a bamboo stick, and shoved a plastic tube that was as thick as a finger down my throat. They then dragged the tube out and pushed it back in again. They repeated this over and over again, causing me to vomit. Sometimes they would push the whole tube down my throat and squeeze my nose shut, and I couldn't breathe at all. This went on for several hours. When Hao Naifeng and other policemen got tired, they would take a break by smoking a cigarette and then start all over again. I lost consciousness several times. Just when I felt I was going to die soon, they inserted the tube into my stomach and forced me to swallow a bowl of diluted milk powder drink followed by 2 bowls of cold water. My stomach began to swell immediately and hurt a lot. Water came out of my nose and mouth. The plastic tube and the bamboo stick were still left in my stomach and mouth respectively, and water got inside of my lungs. Hao Naifeng began to laugh hysterically and shouted out to his underlings, "This is how we force donkeys and pigs to drink. At one point Dong Li wouldn't obey us. Isn't he obeying us now?" Dong Li is a murderer. They tried to force Dong Li to lie and say that he is a Falun Gong practitioner by torturing him. He couldn't handle the torture and was forced to say that. I have already verified the fact that he isn't a practitioner with his family. After spending 44 days in the detention center and being tortured in such a way every day, I was sent to the Xidayingzi Forced Labor Camp in Chaoyang City. The labor camp refused to take me in, so they told my family to take me home. They also forced my family to pay 2000 yuan in fines.

On September 2, 2003, the police arrested me at my home and took me to the Xidayingzi Forced Labor Camp in Chaoyang City again. When he saw me at the front gate of the labor camp, Jin Yucheng, the deputy head of the labor camp, told a group of policemen who were waiting there, "Get the electric batons ready." Half an hour later, I was carried to a torture chamber at the labor camp. Jin Yucheng led four or five department heads and platoon heads to shock and hit me with four electric batons at the same time. The next day, Qi Yongshun led Gao Zhiguo and three other police to hit me with electric batons for a whole day. While shocking me with the electric batons, they also splashed water all over me, and struck my chest and the inside of my mouth with electric batons. After being tortured in such a way for 7 days, I had injuries everywhere. After that, they told my family to pick me up. When my sister saw how badly I was beaten, she became very angry and tried to get somebody to explain to her what had happened, but nobody would talk to her. She had no choice but to take me home with tears flowing down her face.

What I've written down here is only a small, small part of what I've experienced during the last four years of evil persecution.