Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Latest News From China - January 21, 2004

February 19, 2004 |  


[Yitong County, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Aiping Falls from Building and Dies

On December 4, 2003, under instructions from Yitong County's Police Department in Jilin Province, all policemen from the Western Street and Eastern Street Police Precincts surrounded several Dafa practitioners' houses. They hid outside the homes at around 5:30 a.m. and waited. As soon as the practitioners and their children stepped outside to go to work or school, police took this opportunity to break into practitioners' homes. They threatened and coerced practitioners and ransacked their homes. Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Aiping tried to escape from the illegal arrest by tying together bed sheets and climbing down from the sixth floor, but she fell and died.

Dafa practitioners who have been taken away include: Chen Jingru, Xu Hongyan, Li Chongwei, Chen Yuxia and her mother. Mr. Li. Later and Li Chongwei walked out with the power of their righteous thoughts, and Chen Yuxia's mother was released after the police extorted 10,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.] from her family. The other detained Dafa practitioners have been on a hunger strike ever since.

[Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Liu Wanli Ruthlessly Tortured at Huludao City's Forced Labor Camp (Belated News)

Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Wanli is from in Shanxi Village, Qiuzigou Township, Suizhong County, Huludao City. During one evening in 2002, guards from Huludao City's Forced Labor Camp took Mr. Liu Wanli to an empty room and attempted to force him to write a "guarantee statement."* When Liu Wanli refused, they shocked him with electric batons. They put the batons inside Liu's mouth and also shocked his armpits and genital area as well as hitting his face with shoes. Liu Wanli vomited blood and his face became swollen from the savage torture. While he recovered from the beating, his face shed several layers of skin.

On May 16, 2003, a group head Liu Guohua took Dafa practitioner Liu Wanli to his office and brutally beat him, making Liu Wanli lose his hearing for over ten days. The guards tried to cover up their evildoings.

"Guarantee Statement": A statement to declare that one is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Gong practitioners.

[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Perpetrators at the No.1 Division from the National Security Section of Harbin City Torture Dafa Practitioners

The perpetrators at the No.1 Division, National Security Section, Harbin City torture Dafa practitioners by shocking them with electric batons and pushing them with all their might [after pushing practitioners to the ground, guards slam their heads against the wall and raise their arms from the back to the wall. After this torture, practitioners could not lift their arms for at least a week]. They burned the practitioners, tortured them with the method called "Big Hang Up" [This torture takes two forms: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to metal window frames; (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in the opposite directions. One feels extreme pain as the body is pulled]. 3. They forced practitioners to squat, then placed a bottle filled with water or a heavy stick on the curve of their bent legs. In the winter, the weather outside is below --4 Fahrenheit, yet the perpetrators throw the practitioners outside to freeze them.

Policemen shocked Dafa practitioner Mr. Yang Ming with electric batons for two weeks, and even tied metal wires around the practitioner's feet and then shocked him.

Dafa practitioner Mr. Wei Hongwei suffered all kinds of tortures until his mouth became swollen.

Wei Hongwei's father and his elder uncle died due to the persecution and his mother was left home alone, leading a difficult life.

The phone number of No.1 Division, National Security Section of Harbin City: 86-451-84612619
Perpetrators in charge of persecution:
Section Chief: Zhang Zhibin

Division head: Zhao Guang

[Changchun City, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Qingjie Detained Overtime

On January 16, 2004, another practitioner and I went to the Heizuizi Female Forced Labor Camp to pick up practitioner Ms. Liu Qingjie, who was being held beyond her term expiration date. After overcoming numerous difficulties, we found the No.4 Division and met the group head, a woman around 30 years of age. When we told her we wanted to take Dafa practitioner Liu Qingjie home because her term had expired, Wang said, "We can't release her. She does not perform well and does not cooperate with us. Whenever we do something to her, she will shout 'Falun Dafa is good,' 'restore my Master's reputation.'" Later, Wang said, "I will not release her even though her term is expired. Only Yushu City's '610 Office' ** can take her out of the labor camp."

** The "610 Office" is an agency specifically established to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

[Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province] Police Take Away Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Guimei

At around 6:00 a.m. on January 12, 2004, when Ms. Wang Guimei was distributing Dafa truth-clarification flyers in Zhangjiatun Village, Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province, police from Puji Town, Jiaozhou City arrested her, ransacked her home and confiscated Dafa books, truth-clarifying VCDs, Dafa lecture tapes, lecture VCDs, and some other Dafa materials.

[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Dafa Practitioner Wang Ruilan and others

On May 16, 2003, practitioner Ms. Wang Ruilan from the Nangang District was arrested at a fellow practitioner's home in the Daowai District. She has been detained for over seven months till now. More than a dozen practitioners were arrested together with Wang Ruilan.

Wang Ruilan was sentenced to two years of forced labor, but the forced labor camp refused to accept her as her blood pressure was very high.

Responsible person: Jiang Kangjian from Harbin City's Judicial Bureau.

[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Yu Qing is Secretly Abducted

Ms. Yu Qing from the Daoli District was secretly abducted in May 2003. Her whereabouts are so far unknown.

[Nanning City, Guangxi Province] Dafa Practitioner Huang Yaowu is Again Sentenced to Forced Labor

Ms. Huang Yaowu is a retired kindergarten teacher and Dafa practitioner from Nanning City. Before the end of 2003 she had frequently written to the courts and other related departments to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa. In November 2003, she was arrested while sending Master Li's new articles to fellow practitioners, and was later sentenced to 1.5 years of forced labor. This is the second time Huang Yaowu has been sentenced to forced labor.

No.6 Division in Nanning City's No.1 Forced Labor Camp: 86-771-5612533.

[Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Detention of Dafa Practitioner Yang Zhongyou

On December 26, 2003, policemen from the Nujiang Police Station, Huanggu District arrested practitioner Yang Zhongyou from the Dadong District.

[Yitong County, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioner Chen Jingru is Staging a Hunger Strike to Protest the Persecution

Chen Jingru is an employee from Yitong County's Food Supplies Bureau. S/he was arrested a month ago while preparing Dafa truth-clarifying materials and was later detained at a local detention center. S/he has been staging a hunger strike for over a month so far.

[Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Wang Manyun is Abducted

On January 26, 2004, Wang Manyun from Panjin City was abducted to the city's detention center.

Responsible personnel:

Zhou Laixing, chief of Political & Security Section, Panjin City's Police Department: 86-427-2832857;
Jing Desheng, director of Panjin City's Detention Center: 86-427-2682566;
Duty room: 86-427-2682600.

[Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Persecution Accounts of Dafa Practitioners from the Tiexi District

Ms. Liu Suzhi lives on Nanhua Street, No.16 Residential Area, Jiujiekou Intersection, Tiexi District. She was sentenced to four years of imprisonment practicing Dafa, distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials, posting Dafa signs, sending Dafa materials to fellow practitioners and sharing experiences with them. She is now being detained at the Dabei Prison in Shenyang City.

Mr. Qi Ximin lives on Nanhua Street, No.16 Residential Area, Jiujiekou Intersection, Tiexi District. He went to a fellow practitioner's home to share some thoughts, but was arrested and later sentenced to one year of forced labor. Later on he was detained at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp simply because he clarified the truth of Falun Gong to people.

Mr. Jia Songtao lives on Nanhua Street, Tiexi District. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor for talking with fellow practitioners. Later on, he was again detained for clarifying the truth of Falun Gong.

[Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Dafa Practitioner Gao Yaxian

On January 11, 2004, police arrested practitioner Ms. Gao Yaxian while she was distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials.

Address for the Jixian Police Station: 60 Nanba Road, Heping District, Shenyang City; Postal code: 110005.

Phone number: 86-24-23514354.

[Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Torture of Practitioners in the Chatou Labor Camp

The detention terms of most practitioners detained at the Chatou Labor Camp have expired. Right now, practitioners Wang Qian, Deng Yi and Lu Xianming are suffering ruthless torture. Their legs have been shackled for a long time. Some practitioners' feet are swollen and bloody. Practitioners are staging hunger strikes to protest the persecution. The situation is critical.

The main responsible persons:
Hua Xiaoxia (No. 3 Team Lead)
Ruan Ling (Former No. 3 Team Lead)
Zeng Guojian (Drug user)
Wang Lihua (Drug user)

[Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Zhao Yi had to leave her home to Avoid Illegal Arrest

In June 2003, policemen from the Yinlang Police Precinct, including Zhao Jiawei, in collusion with two security guards from Daqing City's Intermediate Professional Skills School broke into practitioner Mr. Zhao Yi's home to arrest him. They came in and put him in handcuffs, but Zhao did not cooperate with this illegal arrest. Unfortunately, Zhao was injured in several places and sustained a long glass cut on his forearm. Seeing the bleeding arm, the police gave up trying to arrest him and left. Afterwards, Zhao had to leave his home to avoid further persecution; however, policeman Zhao Jiawei and others still often harass Zhao's family.

Responsible Person's Phone:
Director of Daqing City's Yinlang Police Precinct: 86-459-5685106(work)

Zhao Jiawei: 86-459-6131690(home)

[Suining City, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioners Mr. Mu Qigui and Mr. Li Guilin Are Detained and Brutally Beaten by Lawless Policemen

On February 17, 2002 when Mr. Mu Qigui and Mr. Li Guilin were distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials, policemen Yang Qin, Gong Ronghua and Qin Mingde driving a patrol car arrested the two practitioners. Yang Qin ruthlessly hit practitioner Mu Qigui in the chest, which almost made him choke to death. These policemen also beat up Li Guilin.

At the police precinct, policemen interrogated the two practitioners separately and questioned where they got the materials. Because the two practitioners refused to answer, policemen beat them up again. The next morning, when a policewoman from the National Security Team interrogated them, she slapped them hard. Later, she forced them to have their pictures taken and two days later transferred them to Suining City's Linquan Detention Center for 37 days. Afterward, policemen transferred them to the Wujiawan Detention Center for another 18 days detention. Later still, police forced their families to submit 1,000 Yuan to bail them out.

In November 2003, officials from the "610 Office" again went to Mu Qigui's home in an attempt to arrest him. His wife told him to leave as soon as she saw the police car. Thus he was forced leave home, living in exile to avoid further persecution.

At the same time, policeman Yang Qin beat practitioner Li Guilin so brutally that he couldn't stand up on his own and fell down. His face was covered with bruises. As a result, he was sent to Suining City's Traditional Medicine Hospital for emergency care. After a week's hospitalization he left the hospital and was forced to leave his home to avoid illegal arrest.

Phone numbers:
The town's police precinct: 86-825-2881042
Chen Liang, police precinct chief: 86-13982555138 (Cell)

[Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Arrest of Dafa Practitioner Mr. Gu Honghao

On the night of December 7, 2003, policeman Li Yong and other policemen from the National Security Team, Zhengzhou City's Guancheng Police Precinct arrested Dafa practitioner Mr. Gu Honghao from Zhengzhou City, Henang Province and searched his house. After arresting Gu, lawless policemen went to find his wife at work and enticed her to come to the precinct with the excuse of asking about some information and claiming to send her back soon. She didn't even have time to change her work clothes. An older policeman interrogated her. Police intimidated her, saying her daughter who was only three years old would be left at home without care. They said, "You cannot go back unless you answer our questions." If the police were not satisfied with her answer, they immediately shouted and abused her. Finally police put her into detention. When she requested to call her daughter, the policemen on duty even scolded her and threatened her with an electric baton. Later, after her relatives had paid for a dinner for these police officers they released her.

Recently, Gu Honghao's family received a notification of the arrest of Gu Honghao on January 15, 2003, which was approved by the Guancheng District Prosecutor. But the spot where it said "person handling case" was left blank. From this we can see that these policemen were afraid of their activities being exposed.

[Guangdong Province] Arrest of Five Dafa Practitioners for Distributing Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials

Police arrested 60-year-old Ms. Chen Ruzhen and 40-year-old Ms. Xu Lixiang for distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. In May 2003, police also arrested 43-year-old Ms. Li Donglian, 44-year-old Ms. Chan Qin, and 40-year-old Ai'er with the same illegal charge. These practitioners still haven't been released. Policemen intended to sentence them.

[Baiquan County, Heilongjiang Province] Arrest of Dafa Practitioner Song Cuiling

When Ms. Song Cuiling, from Baiquan County, Heilongjiang Province, was clarifying the truth of Falun Gong to the public, police arrested her. Afterwards policemen ransacked her house and confiscated a copy of Minghui Weekly and other truth-clarifying materials.

Perpetrators: (Country code: 86, area code: 452. Do not dial area code before cellular phone number.)

Baiquan County's "610 Office:" Zhu Qingyu: 7325359 (Home), 13069686359 (Cell)
Huang Zhongfu, 7324894 (Home)
Tan Hongyan, associate head of Baiquan County's Police Department, in charge of persecuting Falun Gong: 7322022 (Office), 7325770(Home)
The No.5 Police Precinct: 7337667

[Huarong County, Hunan Province] Persecution Facts

Gao Fengjiao was sentenced to one year of forced labor for going to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. After her release, as she insisted on practicing cultivation in Dafa, she was again sentenced to two years of forced labor in April 2003.

Zhang Xiaoping has been detained three times for going to Beijing to appeal. The longest detention term was over six months and he was fined 4,000 Yuan.

Zeng Cuihua has been detained for over one month for clarifying the Dafa truth and has been extorted and fined about 20,000 Yuan.

Li Wangxi was sentenced to four years of imprisonment for clarifying the Dafa truth.

In 2003, Dafa practitioners detained at Huarong County's Detention Center include: practitioners Liu Qiong (later was bailed out for hospitalization) and Wang Shaomei from Hubei Province who was sentenced to forced labor for one and a half years, Zhou Lanxiang and Duan Chuangui from Qianliang Lake, Yueyang City, Hunan Province, who were sentenced to one and a half years and one year of forced labor, respectively.

January 20, 2004