Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Peng Guangjun Beaten to Death by Police at the Tuanhe Labor Camp in Beijing

February 16, 2004 |  


Peng Guangjun was a 55-year-old Dafa practitioner from Houqiaozi Village, Qiaozi Town, Huairou District, Beijing. Since the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, he had been arrested and detained on many occasions. The last time he was arrested was on September 28, 2003. After Mr. Peng's arrest, he was sent to Tuanhe Labor Camp. During a meeting in early 2004, he shouted, "Falun Dafa is good." As a result, he was sent to an "Intensive Training Unit," which was specifically set up to force determined practitioners to give up their practice. There he was brutally beaten to death by policemen Liu Jinbiao and others. On January 26, 2004, the authorities sent a representative to his home to inform his family that he had died. They lied to his family, saying that Mr. Peng died of illness. Mr. Peng's family requested to examine his body and the representative replied, "As long as you do not attempt to find out the cause of his death, you may choose an ash box and graveyard for him. The government can cover up to 15,000 yuan in funeral expenses."

Before the cremation of Mr. Peng's body, someone took advantage of a chance to examine his body. This person found that Mr. Peng's head and body were black and purple. There were bloodstains. His face was covered with marks caused by electric shocks. Some of his bones were also fractured. Peng's family had thought to seek justice from the authorities, however, they were frightened by the representative, who threatened them by saying, "If you don't follow the government's arrangements, we will have your whole family lose their jobs and go broke. You will have no way to survive." Under pressure, they chose to give in and decided not to go after anyone.

According to people who know the inside story, when the police sent Peng's family members and his ashes home, they did not dare to drive into the village. Rather, they dropped them off at the entrance of the village and gave them 200 yuan, asking them to find a car to go home.

After the villagers found out what happened, they were outraged. Even the people who used to be deceived by Jiang's lies were shocked, and they felt very sorry for having misunderstood Falun Gong and Mr. Peng.