Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Dafa Practitioners from Shanxi Province Die from Torture Received in Forced Labor Camps

February 14, 2004 |  


It has been confirmed that two male Falun Gong practitioners in Yangquan City, Shanxi Province have been tortured to death in labor camps. Guo Jifang, over 50 years old, died from brutal abuse two years ago in the Tuanhe Labor Camp in Beijing. Li Huiwen, a young Chinese medical doctor, was tortured to death a year ago in the Xindian Labor Camp in Shanxi Province.

According to sources in China, Guo Jifang went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in 2001, and was illegally detained in the Tuanhe Labor Camp in Beijing. A month later he died as a result of the brutal abuse he suffered there.

An officer in the Yangquan City Police Department, Shanxi Province confirmed Guo Jifang's death. He said that the cause of the death could not be explained in one or two sentences.

According to another source, a 32-year-old Chinese medicine doctor, Li Huiwen, from the Mining Bureau Hospital in Yangquan was sent to the Xindian Labor Camp in Shanxi, where he was severely tortured for persisting in his practice of Falun Gong. Mr. Li protested with a hunger strike but was barbarously force-fed, and died from the torture. [Force-feeding is the number one cause of death for Falun Gong practitioners. The purpose of police force-feeding is not to nourish, but rather to torture practitioners and cause so much pain that they will renounce the practice of Falun Gong. To that end, the police have used many different means to cause excruciating pain and injury, including inserting and withdrawing the feeding tubes repeatedly, leaving the feeding tubes in the stomach, knocking out teeth while attempting to force-feed, force-feeding saturated salt-water, vinegar/liquor, or urine/feces, etc.]

A doctor in the Mining Bureau Hospital confirmed that Li Huiwen graduated from Shanxi Chinese Medicine Institute. He was arrested in Taiyuan City for practicing Falun Gong and was sent back to Yangquan City and then to the labor camp.

A few days ago the personnel in the human resource department of the hospital confirmed that Li Huiwen died around February of 2003. He has parents and siblings. His father is partially disabled and walks with a cane. Li Huiwen's wife was also detained for practicing Falun Gong and later released.