Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Death of Dafa Practitioner Zhang Bingxiang from Torture Suffered at Changlinzi Labor Camp in Acheng City

February 13, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On September 22, 2003, Dafa practitioner Zhang Bingxiang was released on medical parole from the Changlinzi Labor Camp and sent home. In December of 2003, the labor camp authorities tried to bring back for a physical exam. If he would pass the exam, the perpetrators would send him back to the labor camp. Zhang Bingxiang was forced to leave home to escape the exam. He passed away on January 24, 2004 for his physical body and mind could no longer endure the brutal persecution.

Below is his narrative before his death.

My name is Zhang Bingxiang. I am 48 years old and work at a pharmacy affiliated with Acheng City Medicine Corporation. On October 15, 2000, I went to Tiananmen Square to validate Falun Dafa. Police from the Xiangshan Police Station in Beijing arrested me, beat me and held me for three days. I was escorted back to Acheng City and detained at the No. 2 Detention Center for 15 days.

On April 29, 2002, police from the Heping Police Station ransacked my home and demanded to know if I was still practicing Dafa. I said, "Yes, I do. How could I not take part in such a wonderful practice?" As a result, the police took my daughter and me to the Heping Police Station where the police told me I would be released if I said I would relinquish the Falun Dafa practice. I answered, "I'll definitely continue to practice Dafa! No one can stop me!"

Later, the police sent the two of us to the No. 2 Detention Center. The head of the detention center was very drunk. He slapped my face twice and kicked me. I was held here for 15 days and then transferred to the No. 1 Detention Center for 20 days of detention. At the latter place inmates savagely beat me. On July 4, 2002, the perpetrators unconstitutionally sentenced me to three years of forced labor. They sent me to the Drill Division Group at the Wanjia Labor Camp. On July 17, I was sent to the Changlinzi Labor Camp where I was forced to sit on a "narrow stool" all day. I developed scabies all over my body. I was forced to do heavy labor from 3:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. everyday. In addition, the perpetrators made me watch daily Dafa-slandering videos, which caused me tremendous anguish. I grew thinner and my weight dropped from 150 jin to 80 jin (1 jin = 1.1 lbs). During this period I was sent to the No. 2 Hospital in Harbin City three times for emergency treatment. I was near death when I was finally released on medical parole.